xd_al3ks Builder Application

xd_al3ks

Mummer

United Kingdom

ToyCat on youtube.

Lord Of The Rings is another brilliant fantasy series

Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

My favourite character is Ramsey Bolton as i think his character is so well written, making every scene, book and show, so enjoyable.

I think that I bring persistance and determination as well as a positive work ethic as i will not give up until I have completed the task at hand.

I love this project with a passion, It is one of, if not the most impressive things i have ever seen, and i would like to contribute to it.

https://imgur.com/a/auJql5l

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey xd
Thanks for your application and for your patience while we found a chance to review it, glad to see you're a fan of the fantasy fiction and the world of ASOIAF, you've come to the right place!

You're on the right track with this house, you've captured many of the basic concepts, there's just a few things that could be worked on to meet our server standards.

- Overall, the shape is good, you might see a house like this in Kingslanding perhaps, though the roof overhang on the right looks to be missing some stairs underneath, ideally both sides of the house should match

- the row of stairs/slabs you've got framing the sides of the house is close to how we "jetty" second/third levels of houses, but you should cut the stairs on the side, and continue the daub walls one block out so they sit on top of the stairs

Here's an example of how the jettying works:

- Instead of the trap doors on the windows use the half door shutters instead.
- The interior details you've added aren't really up to our standards. The pile of crates in a corner/the two tables with a candle stuck to the wall is just a little dry and we rarely use bookshelves, since books were very expensive and very few people could actually read. A middle class house would be doing well to have one bookshelf, so an entire wall of books would never happen.
- We try to avoid using candles like classic minecraft torches and fixing them to walls, try to place them vertically on something like a bench/table.
- When doing medium-large sized houses, giving the home owner some kind of profession can help inspire what interior details to add, e.g. a baker would have ovens/kitchens on the ground floor. Here's an example of a typical kitchen/meal area.

- When fitting out the attic, it's best to add half door/stair rafters beneath exterior roof block - the rule of thumb is to make sure you can't see the outside roof block from inside the house. Here's an example:
- The floorboards block you've used isn't actually used to much either. One common trick for adding additional levels to a house is to use lines of stair/slab blocks across the width of the house to create rafters, like this:

Once you get the hang of our building style you'll be making immersive and interesting houses in no time.

Next, when you've got access to our custom blocks, for your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks) and make a house that would fit into the hawthorne town.

Also take a look this page for some more points and examples that will help on future builds.

https://forum.westeroscraft.com/wiki/basic-building-guide-for-applicants/

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!