Approved Wyl by Endymion

The town is being redone infavour of a more suitable location and a more logical and organic plotting. I am aware of the critism that the terrain around the town isn’t done yet.

Most of the houses from the old town were copied over. If your house wasn’t copied over, it’s not because i don’t like it, but because it was a bit hard to fit into the new layout. If you want to adjust or redo your ints of your house in the new town you can! But please leave a yellow wool block above them so I know it has been fixed/redone. I’m currently on holyday and I’ll return around the 6th or 7th of August.

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
I wished there had been some communication of this prior to changing this all. I'm not one of your approving mods of course, and maybe you let them know in advance, but locating the town so close to the mouth of the Wyl river will have direct influence on how we are going to terraform that, which I think we still plan to do together? Would have loved to knock out the terrain, or at least solid plans for it, before creating a situation where we will have to carefully work around a build. I think it's generally a good idea to think projects from a top to bottom approach, and not jump right to some step in the middle of the process.

Regardless of that, I am confident we can work these things out, it'll just be more annoying and I won't spare you moody complaints about how everything would have been easier if you had only listened to me (like this one.)

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hi Maj and Endy,

I've removed one post from this thread. I'd like to give a reminder that posting private messages in a public forum without permission from the other party is not an acceptable way to communicate. If you would like to give a response, please restructure your post to exclude these details and to voice your concerns in a more civil and respectful light.

It's unfortunate that communication between you decayed to this extent, although co-op builds can be genuinely difficult for a number of reasons: Inactivity and problems with availability, conflicts in vision between different leads, etc. Especially with a massive project like Wyl, bumps in the road are bound to pop up. Maj, it's good that you've been able to contribute some nice-looking areas to Wyl, but as you mentioned, I think it's probably for the best to separate from the project now and be able to work on something independently once you have more motivation. Hopefully you two don't hold this against each other, and in the future it just looks like another silly argument over nothing.

Please feel free to contact me via private message if either of you two have any further questions/concerns.

Best,
Emote

Hey everyone!

Wyl has been going steady now for over a year and to say this project has exceeded my expectations would be an understatement. I wanted to do this project since even before I became a builder on this server. I wanted to use this opportunity to extent a big thank you to everyone that has been involved and aided me along the way. Especially a big thank you to @WhereRmyDragons, @Ammika, @AlexIsTragic, @oOIOoMajic, @Iwan, @lemonbear, @Emotione11 and that one person I'm probably forgetting.

Progress update:
  • Cadetvale is mostly done.
  • The Southern vale is done.
  • The Boneway has seen major progress and is in finishing stages on its southern trajectory, with some connections still to be made.
  • The Sprawl around the town is done.
  • The Town itself is under construction.
  • The bridge town is mostly done.
  • The main vale is under construction.
  • 2 new hamlets have been made.
  • 1 new hamlet is under construction by Ammika.
Next, I’ll try to stitch together all the parts that have already been completed and continue my work on the main vale. However, currently I find myself to depleted to start new mountain terra. I've been flying around aimlessly and feel a bit fed up at this point. I feel like I would do a disservice to the high standards the project has and therefore I’m going to go on a brief hiatus and do a small project somewhere else, where it's absolutely flat. Don't fear I’ll be back to spamming /b e melt around Wyl sooner than later.;)

PS: Can someone take pretty shadershots of Wyl for me.:D

Quick announcement that I’ve returned to Wyl. An updated App with new maps etc is pending...
2 and a half months later...

I kept the map quite simple. I didn't mark the forests and fields as they will change when I lay out the lands. Most hamlets will be focussed on agriculture and I will add some quarries somewhere near the Vultures Roost border. The castle will probably change again, but I'm holding off on building most structures until the potential donors block update. Until then, I'll focus on terra. There is plenty of it anyways. I'm eager to start again, but currently finishing DD is taking priority.

Good things to come. ;)

EDA254C0-643F-40EC-92BD-4CE4013F3A0F.jpeg

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Heya Endy. If your the castle looks a little bit more like Loarre, would it be cool to include a small reference to the Kingdom of Heaven? Maybe like a forge somewhere being like Balian’s.
Just an idea :p

Reactions: Zso