[win10][java 1.8.0_171][westeroscraft launcher][OPEN] net.minecract.launchwrapper.Launch

DarthcuDaZ

Mummer
I think my last post was removed because I cannot find it any longer and when I go to it from cache, its not there. I am guessing it is because I did not follow the correct format, sorry.

I am trying to launch the client and I get a net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch error that it has failed to load. I am not quite sure why... I should note that I installed the latest minecraft client, I also created a profile for 1.11.2 and ran the client just to be sure. I also made sure that I had the correct java installed and that my path actually did exist.

Text Log

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 2
  • error2.png
    error2.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hi Darth, I'm not really sure why your previous post didn't go through. It could have been caught in the automatic spam filter, but I didn't see it there so...

Anyways, try going to AppData/roaming and moving the "WesterosCraft" folder to the trash, then redownloading the launcher and Updating again?

DarthcuDaZ

Mummer
Thanks for the response! I did try that and it didn't seem to help. Though I did not re-download the launcher, just restarted it.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hmm... I'm afraid to say I don't know what the issue is based on what you've posted so far. @Dan_Prime might be able to help you more, though, so I'm pinging him here.

DarthcuDaZ

Mummer
The latest launcher and the console help me a bit more and showed that it was denying access to mc.westeroscraft.com in certain instances. Apparently my router had the Asus AiProtection enabled and Trend Micro had that url set as a URL that produced malware :-(

I can now access everything, thanks much for the help and sorry to waste anyone's time.

Dan_Prime

Emissary
I've sent a request to TrendMicro to re-evaluate launch-wrapper.jar.

I am a developer for WesterosCraft. The site mc.westeroscraft.com hosts assets to launch our game server, WesterosCraft. The file launch-wrapper-1.12.jar and all other versions of this file are cached versions of the file originally distributed by Mojang AB (developer of MineCraft). The source code for this file is https://github.com/Mojang/LegacyLauncher

This file is essential to launch our game client. Our users which are protected by trendmicro are unable to launch the game as a result of the scan thinking the file is malware. I ask that you please re-evaluate this file. I am happy to elaborate further if required.

090f4e4a9b4d57dfa356b196b9ad6976.png

Reactions: lemonbear