Where on the timeline is our server? (3/3/299 AC)

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Okay, asking the big question that hasn't been answered.
When exactly is our server?

Prompted by a discussion with regards to the state of Maidenpool, I had a deep dive into the canon surrounding its events as compared to what we have built on the server.
Here is what it seems like we have decided so far:

- Sherrer and Wendish Town have been attacked by Gregor Clegane (AGoT Ch 35, Eddard 9)
- Stonehedge and Pinkmaiden are "burnt out" by Gregor Clegane (AGoT Ch 56, Tyrion 7)
- Raventree Hall "fell" to Kevan Lannister (AGoT Ch 56, Tyrion 7) into "ruins" (AGoT Ch 71, Catelyn 11).
- Merrydown Dell has been burned.
- A holdfast west of Wayfarer's Rest has been burned.
- A small village southwest of Lord Harroway's town has been burned.
- Renly's camp is south of Highgarden, west of Horn Hill, building up his army (ACoK, Ch. 31, Catelyn 3)

Note: There have been discussions that our current placement of Raventree Hall is wrong. It should be nestled in the Blackwood Vale which we know is between the Blue and Red Forks (I have moved the location on the below map).

Tyrion 7 is an interesting chapter. Tyrion arrives at his father's camp near the Crossroads, he hears these reports of Houses of the Riverlands falling (in turn) to Ser Gregor (who is running around terrorizing the Riverlands) and Tywins army. Here is a map of how I think the Lannister forces invaded the Riverlands, with Gregor generally fucking shit up.

riverlandsmap.jpg

EDIT: Updated map from later in the thread. The above map reflects all the Lannisters movement at the start of 299AC.

I think we should place our server just before the end of A Game of Thrones, when Tywin has set up camp at the Crossroads after crossing the Ruby Ford, but not yet met Roose Bolton at the Battle of the Green Fork (we haven't ruined anything at the Green Fork). I think a good date for the time of our server is the second day of 299AC, according to this very comprehensive and well cited fan made timeline. This would place our server on Chapter 59, Catelyn 9, when Robb's army reaches the Twins, but hasn't crossed the Green Fork yet.

If we decide that this is the exact day our server is set on, then:

- Pinkmaiden, Stonehedge, and the smaller burnt areas of the Riverlands on our server would remain correct (indeed, more would need to be added). Raventree Hall needs to be moved regardless.
- Harrenhal is being held by Tywin's troops.
- Tywin's full army is camped at the Crossroads, having quickly rampaged through the Riverlands (canon indicates he got to the Crossroads from Golden tooth in 20 days!!) and has likely just captured Darry (he is said to be holding the Ruby Ford by this point). Tyrion has just joined him with the Mountain Clans.
- Renly would not have been crowned just yet (he would be a few days later), but would have set up camp south of Highgarden, near Horn Hill as we have located it, while he is gathering his forces.
- Jaime has won the Battle under the walls of Riverrun, and the castle has been under siege for at least a week.
- Robb's full army is camped outside the Twins "on the southern edge of the bogs, halfway between the kingsroad and the river" (AGoT Ch. 59, Catelyn 9), just before his army is split in two.

I think this is the best solution with the least number of conflicts with our builds placements so far.

Added suggestions from later in the thread:
- Small Lannister camp halfway to or just outside of Maidenpool
- Raventree Hall should be moved to where Nutt is located currently. Paege moves to the area between the Blackwood Vale and Riverrun.
- The Whispering wood needs to be moved further north (see EStoop's map)
- Sherrer and Wendish Town need to be moved to either side of the Mummer's Ford (the ford may also need to move to accommodate this)
- Wayfarer's Rest and Atranta should swap places.
- Rankenfell in its current location should be under siege, captured, or burned down.
- Addam Marbrand should have a small camp somewhere along the Kingsroad between the Twins and the Crossroads.
- Beric Dondarrion has a camp in the woods south of Gregor's route.
- Amory Lorch should be camped at the Crossroads, but may have previously raided the lands on the God's Eye western shore.

Last edited:

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Looks good Dutch, though I have a few comments.

Riverrun
Jaime heads to the Whispering wood because he is lured there by Robb, he frequently skirmishes with surrounding lords during the siege of Riverrun because he's bored and mistakes Robb's cavalry for such a party. The siege of Riverrun would be in full swing.

Raventree Hall
I've had plans for Raventree Hall and have done a lot of digging in preperation of it. I concluded the following:
Something else
After reading some Riverlands canon, I found out that the Whispering Wood is supposed to be between Oldstones and Riverrun, west of Fairmarket. It currently is located more south of Fairmarket, between the Blackwood Vale and Riverrun. Additionally, the Blackwood Vale is said to be south-west of Oldstones, north of Riverrun.

I propose to move the Blackwood Vale more westward, and to move the Whispering Wood (partly) to where the Blackwood Vale currently is. The Whispering Wood would become a valley starting between Oldstones and Fairmarket, extending to where Pennytree currently is. This move will have multiple benefits. I'd be more than happy to make a map for this, especially so since I have made some plans regarding the Blackwood Vale for a future project.

Edit | Let it be clear that I have no intention of incorperating the Whispering Wood into Fairmarket. I just want to make sure I don't have to uproot half the project later.
I made a quick map to give some insight:
Blackwood Vale.png
In summary:
  • Blackwood Vale takes up the space of current Nutt, Whispering Wood and a part of the current Blackwood Vale. The area between Fairmarket, the New Blackwood Vale and the Red Fork is disputed lands between house Bracken and Blackwood. It would be logical house Blackwood currently owns all of it since the Brackens have been on the losing side of wars with house Blackwood and would have lost the territory. The disputed lands should not be in the core regions of both houses.
  • Whispering wood moves to the eastern current Blackwood Vale and becomes a bend valley (like an elbow), per canon.
  • Nutt moves to somewhere else, I suggest near Nutten. A town would make sense for the house as they once were powerful enough to make a bid for the Kingdom of the Rivers.
  • Paege moves to between the Blackwood Vale and Riverrun to fill the blanks.
As for the rest of the Riverlands, some locations are placed incorrectly. I made a map for the Riverlands indicating the location of each house based battles, sigils and their history but I am reluctant to share it since I have not written out the context yet. In general though the area between the Red Fork, the God's Eye and Westerlands should show signs of (hostile) armies moving through.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Thanks for your input EStoop, I made a mistake in my OP and corrected it; as you say, Jaime would still be at Riverrun on the second day of 299AC. I quite agree with your suggestion for relocating the Whispering Wood, that makes much more sense.

As for Blackwood Vale, I have to disagree on its placement. As I mentioned before, it is taken by the Tywin and Kevan, not Jaime.
“Your brother has been covering himself with glory,” his father said. “He smashed the Lords Vance and Piper at the Golden Tooth, and met
the massed power of the Tullys under the walls of Riverrun. The lords of the Trident have been put to rout. Ser Edmure Tully was taken
captive, with many of his knights and bannermen. Lord Blackwood led a few survivors back to Riverrun, where Jaime has them under siege.
The rest fled to their own strongholds.”
"Your father and I have been marching on each in turn,” Ser Kevan said. “With Lord Blackwood gone, Raventree fell at once, and Lady
Whent yielded Harrenhal for want of men to defend it. Ser Gregor burnt out the Pipers and the Brackens …”

This quote is SO problematic. Harrenhal and Raventree Hall are miles apart. The only explanation can be that Tywin divided his force so that Harrenhal and Raventree were captured around the same time, which is indicated on the map in the OP. I cannot work out how, using your map, Tywins army would have gone so very far off his speedy easterly course to capture Raventree Hall and not just left it to Jaime considering he was much closer.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Jaime is already penned up at Riverrun, he can't divide his forces and succesfully besiege Riverrun and Raventree Hall at the same time. He is defeated in the Whispering wood because he is leading a small force, essentially a raiding party. His host is actually still at Riverrun and is defeated later on, because they are forced to besiege it from three camps on all the banks surrounding the castle.
Tytos Blackwood's swept the Lannisters off his lands, but they took every cow and pig and speck of grain and left him nothing to defend but Raventree Hall and a scorched desert.
The Blackwood Vale is/used to be filled with farms, fields and orchards. The quote above implies the Lannisters looted everything they could in the relatively short time they were there. House Blackwood is also among the most powerful houses in the Riverlands. It would make sense to loot the Blackwood vale, robbing the Riverlands from supplies while bolstering his own. I'd say it's worth the detour. It's also indicated the sack of Raventree Hall was an oppertunistic move, since Lord Blackwood was not there to defend it.

Your map has the Lannister forces cross the Green Fork/Trident(Dident?) north of Lord Harroway's Town, which is impossible since there are no river crossings between the Ruby Ford and the Twins. I didn't comment on it since I do not think the Lannister forces have a clear/focussed path through the Riverlands, but instead hop from location to location in order the sack at maximum efficiency. Wether the Blackwood Vale is located where you indicated it or where I propose it will be moved, they would need to take a detour to reach it.

It's also not Kevan who sacks Stone Hedge and Pinkmaiden, but Gregor Clegane. Tywin and Kevan (or only Kevan) could have marched along the northern bank of the Red Fork and crossed it again downstream of Stone Hedge and made his way to Harrenhal from there.

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I've had a go at another map. It might be a nonsense to put a map together at all, because of how scattered the attacks are, but I'm sure Tywin and his main host follow some kind of path, and it's worth trying to work that out so we can help to inform a kind of "path of destruction" through the Riverlands.

riverlandsmap.jpg

Gregor rejoins Tywins host at some point to fight at the Green Fork, so I arbitrarily joined them north of Wayfarer's Rest, it could be anywhere between Stonehedge and the Crossroads.

Notes on project locations:
Sherrer and Wendish Town should be moved to near Mummers Ford. This is the area Beric Dondarrion is sent to by Ned Stark to intercept Gregor Clegane.
A quick timeline of those events: Clegane raids Sherrer, then burns Wendish Town, and the heads to Mummers Ford. Bear in mind that these raids happen before the battle of the Golden Tooth. Gregor would have come from the north and worked his way upriver, as this is stated in the books.

“At Wendish Town, the people sought shelter in their holdfast, but the walls were timbered. The raiders
piled straw against the wood and burnt them all alive. When the Wendish folk opened their gates to flee the fire, they shot them down with
arrows as they came running out, even women with suckling babes.”
“Oh, dreadful,” murmured Varys. “How cruel can men be?”
“They would of done the same for us, but the Sherrer holdfast’s made of stone,” Joss said. “Some wanted to smoke us out, but the big one
said there was riper fruit up river, and they made for the Mummer’s Ford.”

Gregor Clegane's raid likely followed this path (PURPLE). It is likely that when Beric Dondarrion meets the Lannisters at the ford (coming from Golden Tooth), he is attacked from the rear by Gregor who is at that point still east of the Red Fork, raiding villages. This event is known as Battle of Mummers Ford. It is likely that the attack on Pinkmaiden happens after this battle once Gregors raiding party is joined by Lannister forces.

raids.jpg

The positioning of Rankenfell makes very little sense, unless its a smouldering ruin.

Wayfarer's Rest and Atranta should swap positions as it is the Vance's of Wayfarer's Rest that fight at the battle near the Golden Tooth with the Pipers of Pinkmaiden. The fate of the castle is unknown, but it is likely captured by the Lannisters when the Vance and Piper forces retreat to Riverrun.

Last edited:
Reactions: EStoop

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey, very nice maps! There a few things I would like to add:

First, Ser Amory Lorch, the Manticore: we know that, a few days after Neds death, when Yoren and Arya are already deep inside the Riverlands, Ser Amory finds them in (or near) the God's Eye Town when they took refugee in an abandoned holdfast. This means, the way I see it, that Ser Amory has his own men apart from the forces directly bellow Tywins, like the Mountain and Jaime do. A very minor force, for sure.

The wiki says Tywin commanded Lorch to burn more castles after Jaimes defeat, but I see no source for that and couldn't find now. But we do know he goes south because of his meeting with Arya, so I guess a camp with the Lorch colors somewhere south of the Ruby Ford should be appropriate.

Yoren spat. "Who's got your command?"

"I do." The reflections of burning houses glimmered dully on the armor of his warhorse as the others parted to let him pass. He was a stout man with a manticore on his shield, and ornate scrollwork crawling across his steel breastplate. Through the open visor of his helm, a face pale and piggy peered up. "Ser Amory Lorch, bannerman to Lord Tywin Lannister of Casterly Rock, the Hand of the King. The true king, Joffrey." He had a high, thin voice. "In his name, I command you to open these gates."

Then, Ser Addam Marbrand: We know that Ser Addam is leading a scouting team and flanking the northmen. So I believe a hidden camp of his somewhere north of the Crossroads should be appropriate.

Tyrion was about to tell his lord father how he proposed to reduce the Vale of Arryn to a smoking wasteland, but he was never given the chance. The door banged open again. The messenger gave Tyrion's clansmen a quick, queer look as he dropped to one knee before Lord Tywin. "My lord," he said, "Ser Addam bid me tell you that the Stark host is moving down the causeway."

Lord Tywin Lannister did not smile. Lord Tywin never smiled, but Tyrion had learned to read his father's pleasure all the same, and it was there on his face. "So the wolfling is leaving his den to play among the lions," he said in a voice of quiet satisfaction. "Splendid. Return to Ser Addam and tell him to fall back. He is not to engage the northerners until we arrive, but I want him to harass their flanks and draw them farther south."

Finally, about Beric Dondarrion: we know that the lightining lord is attacking the Lannister foraging troups, but where should he be? Ser Amory, in the same chapter where he meets Arya, suspects some Berics men may be among Yorens. So I think it's fair to assume that Beric and his host were seen not far from the area. I would suggest he's hidden somewhere in Willow Wood currently, making his way north through the western side of the God's Eye.

"And who are you, old man? One of Lord Beric's cravens?" called the knight in the spiked helm. "If that fat fool Thoros is in there, ask him how he likes these fires."

"Got no such man here," Yoren shouted back. "Only some lads for the Watch. Got no part o' your war." He hoisted up the staff, so they could all see the color of his cloak. "Have a look. That's black, for the Night's Watch."

On a final note, I would like to share this quote from the Blackfish, where he points how bad is the current situation of the Riverlands:

"Was there ever a war where only one side bled?" Her uncle gave a shake of the head. "The riverlands are awash in blood and flame all around the Gods Eye. The fighting has spread south to the Blackwater and north across the Trident, almost to the Twins [...]"

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Thanks for your input Ricardus, much appreciated. Let me try to respond to each point in turn:

1. Here is the quote you are looking for:
“Unleash Ser Gregor and send him before us with his reavers. Send forth Vargo Hoat and his freeriders as well, and Ser Amory Lorch. Each is to have three hundred horse. Tell them I want to see the riverlands afire from the Gods Eye to the Red
Fork.” (AGoT Ch 69, Tyrion 9)
This is after the Battle of the Green Fork, which is 6 days after my proposed date (timeline). The areas west of the God's Eye would not have been attacked yet (unless we decide Tywin or Gregor, while passing through Harrenhal, dispatch a force in that direction).

2. Great point, it would be awesome to have a little Marbrand camp further up the Kingsroad from the Crossroads.

3. After being defeated at the Mummers Ford, it would make sense if Bearic fled east into the woods around Acorn Hall, Donnelwood, and maybe even White Willow as you've suggested. Following Gregor and Tywins armies from the safety of the trees, and engaging in strategic skirmishes.

4. That last quote from the Blackfish is great, but it's said to Catelyn over a month after my proposed date, which makes it irrelevant.

If you are arguing that we should set the server at the start of A Clash of Kings, when the Riverlands is a proper warzone, here is what it should look like as compared to my proposed date:

- Pinkmaiden, Stonehedge, and the smaller burnt areas of the Riverlands on our server would remain correct (indeed, more would need to be added). Raventree Hall needs to be moved regardless.
These places remain ruined, but are recaptured by their respective lords with the Northmens help.
This remains true, but is now occupied by a larger host.
- Tywin's full army is camped at the Crossroads, having quickly rampaged through the Riverlands (canon indicates he got to the Crossroads from Golden tooth in 17 days!!) and has likely just captured Darry (he is said to be holding the Ruby Ford by this point). Tyrion has just joined him with the Mountain Clans.
Tywin has moved into Harrenhal, the camp at the Crossroads is gone. Darry is recaptured, briefly, by northmen.
- Renly would not have been crowned just yet (he would be a few days later), but would have set up camp south of Highgarden, near Horn Hill as we have located it, while he is gathering his forces.
Renly has now been crowned, but is still biding his time in the Reach.
- Jaime has won the Battle under the walls of Riverrun, and the castle has been under siege for at least a week.
Jaime has now been captured. The siege of Riverrun has been lifted. The Lannister camp is now replaced with Robbs camp.
- Robb's full army is camped outside the Twins "on the southern edge of the bogs, halfway between the kingsroad and the river" (AGoT Ch. 59, Catelyn 9), just before his army is split in two.
Robbs army camp is gone, instead Roose Bolton is camped outside the Twins while he marries Walda Frey.

- Additionally, we would need to add a lot more destruction to the Riverlands, as you suggested. Northmen would be making their way across the riverlands to aid in the recapture of the castles, so there would be a scattering of northmen encampments while Tywin's main force hides in Harrenhal. Gregor, Vargo, and Amory and raiding the surrounding lands.
- Maidenpool has definitely been sacked at least once by this point.

This alternate date would be likely sometime between the start of the second month and end of the fifth month of 299AC, as Tywin leaves Harrenhal en masse after he hears of Robbs victory at Oxcross, which takes place in month 6. The later the date, the more destruction around the God's Eye.

Reactions: Ric

Ric

Ser
Staff member
To answer your points Dutch:

4. That last quote from the Blackfish is great, but it's said to Cately over a month after my proposed date, which makes it irrelevant.
Oop, my bad

3. After being defeated at the Mummers Ford, it would make sense if Bearic fled east into the woods around Acorn Hall, Donnelwood, and maybe even White Willow as you've suggested. Following Gregor and Tywins armies from the safety of the trees, and engaging in strategic skirmishes.
Nice!

This is after the Battle of the Green Fork, which is 6 days after my proposed date (timeline). The areas west of the God's Eye would not have been attacked yet (unless we decide Tywin or Gregor, while passing through Harrenhal, dispatch a force in that direction).
Thanks for finding the quote! About the God's Eye, I think it's fair to assume that Tywin led some of his forces ravaging the western God's Eye, as we know Beric is attacking those, even before the Battle of the Green Fork, for what I understood from canon. About Ser Amory, the idea I had was that he was not together with Tywin, but already on another camp on his own, even before Tywin commanded him to retaliate on the rivermen. Maybe it could be better to have him together with Tywin indeed.

If you are arguing that we should set the server at the start of A Clash of Kings, when the Riverlands is a proper warzone, here is what it should look like as compared to my proposed date:
And maybe I expressed myself wrong, but I don't think that we have necessarily to be at the start of ACOK. My intentions were just to bring in some more canon to the discussion :p

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
That's great Ric! Yes I certainly think its reasonable that there would be some fighting along the west coast of the God's Eye. Sounds like we can stick to the originally proposed date for what you'd like to see on the server.

Reactions: Ric

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Robb is already declared King of the North/Trident by the time the first book is over as well.

However I think that in the events between GoT and CoK, Tywin isn't at Harrenhal yet, he's still nearby the Crossroads Inn and Darry (where he charges Tyrion to head to Kings Landing). It isn't until CoK does he reach Harrenhal and inhabits the Kingspyre Tower. Renly has already married Margaery by the end of the book as well.

I think your timeline is a bit flawed as it doesn't include timeline by book and chapter.

Here's a map of everyone's locations by book chapter: https://quartermaester.info/

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley and Ric

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Margaery_Tyrell That location map, at least for Tywin, is incorrect. I think we need to be using that map with incredible scrutiny because there are several issues there.
Bear in mind that the chapters do not necessarily follow a linear pattern, as shown in this very well cited spreadsheet, which I have as far as this discussion is concerned found to be accurate
The timeline I posted is based on this spreadsheet and as a result is also just about as accurate as you can get.

Ser Kevan says this to Tyrion when he reaches the Crossroads, (AGoT Ch 56, Tyrion 7) a few days before Robb reaches the twins (AGoT Ch. 59, Catelyn 9) :
“Your father and I have been marching on each in turn,” Ser Kevan said. “With Lord Blackwood gone, Raventree fell at once, and Lady
Whent yielded Harrenhal for want of men to defend it. Ser Gregor burnt out the Pipers and the Brackens …”

I think the author of that map assumed that Tywin headed straight for the Green Fork to engage Roose Bolton, and ignores this above quote. IMO it's quite clear that Tywin reaches the Crossroads from the south, shortly after taking Harrenhal and Darry.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Mo' money, mo' problems.

Ch. 55, Catelyn 8
Lord Tywin has closed off the kingsroad, it’s said, and now he’s marching north toward Harrenhal, burning as he goes.”

Excuse me? WHAT? Okay George, you're telling me Twyin's army did THIS? IN 17 DAYS??? That's got to be around 1000 miles. ON FOOT.
1597133717175.png
I think I'll decide to take the "it's said" as meaning it was said by a blind person mistaking a herd of cows for an army.

In all seriousness, I think we can still work this out. Yes Tywin gets to Harrenhal, that is certain, but,
"Lord Tywin, it's said" could mean Tywin's forces, which could mean Gregor, who at this point has been on the road a lot longer than Tywin. It's been nearly two months since Gregor fights Beric at Mummer's Ford.
I would, therefore, like to propose yet another change to my map. This might help Ricardus with his God's Eye problem, and would indicate that Gregor managed to swing south around the God's Eye before heading up the Kingsroad to Harrenhal where he probably met up with Tywin. I know this puts him directly on the path through God's Eye Town, which we know has not been sacked, but maybe we can come up with some headcanon for why that is.

riverlandsmap.jpg

Just to reiterate that a LOT of problems have stemmed from the placement of Raventree Hall within canon. In fact, the map Margaery_Tyrell posted reminded me of simpler days when Raventree Hall was in the central Riverlands area, which would have made this map look a lot less like spaghetti.

EDIT: Just to say that the ASoIaF wiki cites the Lands of Ice and Fire Journey Map as their source for the location of Raventree Hall. Here it is with Jaime's route highlighted in yellow.

1597148104598.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Elduwin

Bovine

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
maybe the lands of house Grell could be move so that a future blackwood vale redo might fit better.

Ric

Ser
Staff member
I know this puts him directly on the path through God's Eye Town, which we know has not been sacked, but maybe we can come up with some headcanon for why that is.

Maybe we can make his path going throught the burnbridge and Wheatfield?

1597167849014.png

Close enough to scary away whoever lives in the God's Eye Town (I would be scared away at least lol) and justifies the destruction suffered on the current builds there

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
maybe the lands of house Grell could be move so that a future blackwood vale redo might fit better.
I think pretty much everything in the Riverlands between the Blue and Red Forks (except for Fairmarket) needs to be reshuffled as part of a future Raventree Hall update/redo.

Maybe we can make his path going throught the burnbridge and Wheatfield?

Close enough to scary away whoever lives in the God's Eye Town (I would be scared away at least lol) and justifies the destruction suffered on the current builds there

That's a great suggestion. I would suggest having a large forest around the town (canon says that south of Harrenhal the lands are forested). I have updated the map to reflect the new route that Gregor takes

riverlandsmap.jpg

Some notes on this recent iteration:
- Gregor has to get to the Kingsroad somehow. He would not go through (or at least wouldn't sack) Sow's Horn as it is a Crownlands house. I opted instead to make the route cut across to Hogg Hall, which is (despite the name) not associated with House Hogg and Sow's Horn.
- House Wode, who we have assigned to Hogg Hall, is a house of landed knights sworn to Harrenhal, and is thus putting themselves in harms way. It isn't until Feast for Crows that Jaime sees that the lands and halls of House Wode have been destroyed, but it is possible that Gregor destroyed them much earlier.
- His trajectory towards Hogg Hall would leave a wide birth between him and the God's Eye, meaning there might be some untouched settlements along the coast there.

So at this point where are we determining where each of the war camps are?

From the OP:
- Tywin's full army is camped at the Crossroads, having quickly rampaged through the Riverlands (canon indicates he got to the Crossroads from Golden tooth in 20 days!!) and has likely just captured Darry (he is said to be holding the Ruby Ford by this point). Tyrion has just joined him with the Mountain Clans.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
  • Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I am proposing that we set the date of the server to before these chapters: The second day of 299AC, roughly chapter 59. I thought I had made that clear in the OP.
I think we should place our server just before the end of A Game of Thrones, when Tywin has set up camp at the Crossroads after crossing the Ruby Ford, but not yet met Roose Bolton at the Battle of the Green Fork (we haven't ruined anything at the Green Fork). I think a good date for the time of our server is the second day of 299AC, according to this very comprehensive and well cited fan made timeline. This would place our server on Chapter 59, Catelyn 9, when Robb's army reaches the Twins, but hasn't crossed the Green Fork yet.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
I am proposing that we set the date of the server to before these chapters: The second day of 299AC, roughly chapter 59. I thought I had made that clear in the OP.

I think this is a mistake, we've been building this server for years now for the agreed upon time period of between Book 1 and Book 2, setting it now to a pretty radically different time breaks apart a lot of projects who have active plot canon like Mance's, Winterfell, Castle Black, Dragonstone, Kings Landing, etc. effectively outdating the entire server all together.

Especially when the Red Comet is already flying overhead in our server, a really really obvious marker for time period.