Withdrawn Vikary by GrayJedi

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Rankenfell has not been 100% done for the past few weeks because I just approved a mini build this past Saturday. You need to post in the thread to start the post-approval process. Additionally, you need to write up the Rankenfell wiki page before the project can be considered fully done.

Once you have done those things, your two approving mods have post-approved Rankenfell, and an additional week has passed, we will consider this new application.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Perhaps the golden strip is the result of them siding with the Lannisters, rather than the Reynes, as a quite obvious statement of difference. Could be some interesting things to do with that

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Perhaps the golden strip is the result of them siding with the Lannisters, rather than the Reynes, as a quite obvious statement of difference. Could be some interesting things to do with that
There could be lots of reasons for the bend sinister the be gold (usually they are red). Maybe they are situated along the gold road? In any case we know the Vikary's didn't rise in rebellion with the Reyne's since they are still alive.

SeapunkPeaches

Cersei's Left Bob
I think a castle with a more realistic location would work better (on a hill maybe), rather than on the mountainside like every old Westerlands castle :p

GrayJedi

Street Preacher
I think a castle with a more realistic location would work better (on a hill maybe), rather than on the mountainside like every old Westerlands castle :p
There was a warp named "vikartytest" other than "vikary" and it was in that exact same spot so whoever intended to start it clearly thought that this was a very good place for the keep so I had this idea.

Can i ask why the castle is that big? When i was looking for my first project I also concidered to do Vikary, but went with stackspear instead. All I found on canon was that it was a landed knight house, so I don't think it would warrant a castle of that size. Good inspiration could be the caslte at San Marino. Also don't use dornish blocks for the westerlands.

On an other note i don't apreciate it that you have copied houses from both Wyl and stackspear and used as your tests. I would suggest you make your own tests. Even marg her peppertree is in there.

GrayJedi

Street Preacher
-I removed the dornish block, I was trying to differentate the colours a bit but its okay without them too.
-The fact that there is no canon for a house doesnt mean its necessarily small,its just so happens that it wasnt mentioned anywhere,I presumed that since they bastarded Reyne's sigil and they are still alive it must have been something that made them stand out(power).Either that or they didnt rise at all.So I think that the size is appropriate.
-San Marino castle doesnt look nested,it looks more hilltop-y if I saw the correct one.
-I never said they were my builds, either way even if I built them myself they would look exactly the same because styles are very very similar taking into acount that stackspear is exactly right next to Vikary.Also for the Wyl builds I just copied the fonts to get inspired for my main road,adjusting them to the region. I can credit you in the app if you want.((I copied Iwans mill too if he wants credit too. :D))

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I'd love to see Vikary, as a landed knight, have something like a tower house. Just pasting a comment from EStoop about the same topic on the app for House Haigh:
"Just a heads up that house Haigh is a knightly house, which makes it much more likely they own a towerhouse with the stellar function of giving them a defendable home. A small stable seems appropriate, but anything more than that seems like a stretch to me. About 90% of the medieval nobility in my area lived in towerhouses barely bigger than the standardised rowhouse I live in."​