Tommo

Bard
What is your Minecraft username?
CapnCactus

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
New Zealand

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
The narration is very grounded, despite the setting being fantastical - which makes for really interesting characters. My favourite parts of the show are the Tyrion/Varys dialogue (early seasons) and Drogon in the fighting pit. I also really like the Dunc and Egg stories.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Big fan of Whiteharbour at the moment - also greyguard (just joshing with ya, this was a previous build of mine - I was a builder before as Nonillionman)

Why do you want to join our server?
Lotta fun, and a cool project to get involved in. Very cool way to feel like I'm learning about architecture. Since coming back on the server I've got a fresh perspective on how holistic things have become with newer builds, and am really keen to get involved in environment planning and extrapolating on what a keep/castle/settlement needs to survive and how it interacts with the rest of the world. Also very keen to get experimenting again.

Tell us about your build.
A small house owned by a poor seasonal worker (maybe fruitpicker) in the Westerlands and his son - the type of house you might find off the main road inland from Lannisport. The dog and father sleep downstairs, while the boy sleeps on the makeshift second story. His grandfather's(great-grandfather's?) heavily dented shield sits above his bed. A small section of the roof has given way and a frying-pan catches the rainwater for the washbasin. The boy has given up partway through de-ashing the fireplace and the father is chopping turnips to ferment with herbs. The small garden is being overgrown by a blackberrybush.

Garden.pngKitchen.pngLeak.pngMe.pngSleeping.pngTop.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing Jon Snow

Tommo

Bard
Hey again,

just thought I would add a note for any roaming mods passing through about my past building on the server. My old account was Nonillionman - I built 30+ kingslanding houses as well as solo building greyguard and tudbury(both of which probably need an update now), as well as some hamlet's I forget where and helping out with houses all around the map. I left the server in 2015? I can't quite remember, but it was after casterly rick and KL rework.

I'm very keen to get back into it and have been doing a fair bit of reading and testing about the new style updates and guides.

Cheers

Veggie

The Old Bear
Hey, I remember you back in the KL days.

Good to see you return, solid stab at a more weathered Westerlands house.

Just a quick challenge, with something on a bigger scale. Can you build me something you'd think would be appropriate in Duskendale, please use the style found within the walls rather than sprawl.

All the best,

V

Reactions: ChrisHiss and Tommo

Tommo

Bard
Hey Veg!

Thanks for the reply, I've whipped up an urban repairs carpenter - the build includes the office partitioned form the workshop on the groundfloor as well as a yard for larger work. The workshop has double doors on both sides to move larger projects through. Upstairs there is a dining room/kitchen and bedroom and storage on the top floor (one room for the head carpenter and one for the apprentices/journeymen).

I can't upload all the pictures in one post so another batch is coming!

2020-10-29_18.23.31.png2020-10-29_18.25.56.png2020-10-29_18.28.30.png2020-10-29_18.28.53.png2020-10-29_18.29.23.png2020-10-29_18.30.57.png2020-10-29_18.31.07.png2020-10-29_18.31.44.png2020-10-29_18.24.54.png2020-10-29_18.29.46.png

Last edited:

Veggie

The Old Bear
Approved, make yourself a probation thread.
There’s no minimum time on how long it lasts, other than building 5 houses.

Once they’re built, we’ll make you full green again!

veg

• Nice
Reactions: Tommo