TinyHuge Builder Application

TinyHuge

Mummer

United States

I've heard about WesterosCraft while browsing reddit.

Yes, I do. I also read Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter.

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings

All of the above

My favorite ASOIAF character is Tywin Lannister, mainly because he is striving to uphold high standards of House Lannister, and places honor as one of the most important aspects.

Yes. I am a great at working within a team, thus I could easily assist with building in this server.

I am interested in building for this server mainly because I am a huge fan of ASOIAF Series, and I would love to contribute something towards the community.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey TinyHuge, thank you for the application! I'm glad to see your interest in our server.

While your build seems to grasp the high-level features we're looking for, it isn't currently up to server standards. However, I think with a bit of practice we can get you there soon enough.

I won't give super in-depth feedback this first time around, but will instead give very general (but quite important) feedback: try to give your houses some sort of coherent structure. You want to think of architecture here (how are houses typically built? Would some particular thing be stable? What do rooves typically look like?) as well as function (what do the interiors need to have? What rooms would be in a typical house? What kind of furnishings correspond to the wealth/poverty of the residents?).

Always avoid adding detail just for the sake of adding detail, such as the massive porch for instance, and make sure these details are realistic and serve a purpose. Try to make sure your materials make sense, for instance use something like wood, thatch, or slate for the roof instead of log blocks.

Before continuing with this app, I would recommend spending some time around some of our newer builds (for example: King's Landing (esp. /warp klsprawl), White Harbor, Highgarden, Fairmarket, Stoney Sept, Uffering, Bandallon, Westbrook etc) and studying how we build. Specifically, things like interior layouts, furnishings, roof angles, palettes, etc. Try to have an eye for detail. One thing that helps is finding some specific houses that you particularly like, taking screenshots of them, and combining elements from those houses into your own original house (and then, as you get more confident, you can experiment more). Lastly, a couple helpful warps for learning more are /warp gradients and /warp furnish.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about anything I said above! I'm happy to help. When you've experimented with some of the styles above and feel ready to continue this app, post some images of the house which you feel most confident in (make sure to include enough screenshots of the interior so I can get a good sense of it). Good luck!