Planning Test Guides

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey all,

I've been wanting for some time to catalogue all the in-game guides that we have in our test world. There are some really great guides but I don't know which ones are still relevant or useful, which is where I could use some help. Below is a list of all the in game-guides, their warps, and a short description based on what I found in game.
Let me know which of these are outdated, redundant, need an update, or are especially useful.

Biome Test (/warp biometest)
A copy and pasted nature scene in every available biome which demonstrates the effects biomes have on identical block palettes, notably terrainsets and leaves.

Road Test (/warp roadtest)
A guide showing different road gradient types based on usage, location, type of traffic, and terrain.

Palette (/warp palette)
A grid of blocks displaying WesterosBlocks arranged by colour gradient and labelled with block ID's.

Probation Test (/warp probationtest)
A set of 3 houses from various locations, perhaps to show the range of skills probation builders should be able to demonstrate?

Gradient Test (/warp gradienttest)
A guide for deciding on wall gradients for castles (not houses). Included are examples of bad and good gradients, and a guide on appropriately weathering walls.

Region Test (/warp regiontest)
A set of style guides, one for each of the seven kingdoms. Likely outdated.

Holdfast Guide (/warp holdfast)
A set of seven example holdfasts of various sizes and styles with accompanying notes. Incomplete?

Siege Test (/warp siegetest)
A collection of siege weapons sourced from around the server with descriptions and credits to original builders.

Plotting Guide (/warp plottingguide)
A set of three stages guiding project leaders through the plot-making process.
Stage I: 1. Observe and Scout, 2. Hydrology, 3. Human Colonization, 4. Agriculture and Industry
Stage II: Settlement types and respective plotting arrangements
Stage III: Plotting shapes and relation to one another

Plot Test (/warp plottingexample)
A 1:1 example of settlement plotting, showing plot making conventions. Some plots are built upon, showing examples of professions, and also has some building tips. Seems outdated, marked as WIP

Wildlife Guide (/warp wildlifeguide)
Style guide for building wildlife habitats. Nests, burrows, caves, and dens. Also includes tests for cranberry and iron bogs.

Shipwright Guide (/warp shipwrightguide)
Showing the various types of shipyards, slipways, and dry docks and explaining their functions.

Overlay Test (/warp overlaytest)
Testing overlays for the resource pack, seems principally in use for testing purposes and not as a guide.

Terrainset Info (/warp terrainsetinfo)
A display showing the terrainset hierarchy.

Tanner Test (/warp tannertest)
A 1:1 model of a tannery complex with signs identifying the various building types.

Sept Test (/warp septtest)
Showing the conventional styles and shapes associated with septs.

Old No No's (no warp, north of Sept Test) redundant

No No's (/warp nonos)
Oddly placed within the furnish guide, only a few examples, could use expanding.

Furnishing Guide (/warp furnish)
Huge range of interior and exterior furnishing suggestions including:
Military areas, stairs types, small boats, portcullis mechanisms, kitchens, dining rooms, feast halls, bedrooms, storage areas, maester's rooms, fireplaces, carts, castle yards, and miscellaneous.

Statue Guide (/warp statues)
A densely populated area with various statues, for inspiration.

Ramsay's Playground (/warp ramsaysplayground)
Various torture devices for furnishing castle dungeons etc.

Crop Guide (/warp crops)
Showing examples of different plant combinations for different crops, also included are some examples of ploughs and waterwheels.

Professions Guide (/warp professions)
Collection of small guides associated with professions.

Room Guide (/warp rooms)
A list of rooms that might be found in a castle

VoxelSniper Tutorial (/warp voxeltutorial) and WorldEdit Tutorial (/warp wetutorial)
Tutorials for both VoxelSniper and WorldEdit.

Script Tutorial (/warp scripttutorial)
A tutorial explaining how to use WorldEdit scripts to create fields. Seems unfinished and could be expanded.

Fin's VoxelSniper Guide (/warp VSGuide)
A guide showing examples of using VS to create rivers, terrain, and forests. Also included is a pine tree gradient guide.

Old Style Guides (/warp oldstyleguides)
A repository for old style guides from past projects.