swordo666

Mummer
What is your Minecraft username?
swordo666

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
United Kingdom

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
ASOIAF is what really got me into fiction writing, and especially fantasy. Since I first started reading the books, and watching the series, I've come to realise that what I enjoy more than anything else is worldbuilding. Far too many of my hobbies and interests involve it in some way! ASOIAF has always been my favourite example of worldbuilding and the standard I hold other settings against, largely because of how expansive it is and how well that scale is captured in the variety of locations, concepts and characters presented throughout the series.

What is your favorite build on our server?
I've got a real fondness for Lannisport and Casterly Rock - I remember flying about them as they were being built, however long ago that was. I enjoy all the city builds because of how much is going on in all of them, and they're an excellent demonstration of what can be achieved through collaboration.

Why do you want to join our server?
I first learned of and was active on Westeroscraft, I believe around 2017 or perhaps earlier. I was fascinated with the work being done on the server then, and it has held my interest since. I spent a long period of time inactive on the server because I became preoccupied with my studies at university, but now I'm approaching the end of my time there, I hope to return to the server and finally make some contributions to the community.

2022-03-27_21.47.23.jpg
2022-03-27_21.47.34.jpg
2022-03-27_21.47.46.png2022-03-27_21.48.12.png2022-03-27_21.48.16.png2022-03-27_21.48.54.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Last edited:

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Swordo!

I'm glad you decided to return, welcome back! Always nice to see a long standing member wishing to join the building team :)

I believe you made a good job with the app house, I don't have any comments on it. For your next challenges I'll point out locations for you and you'll have to make houses inspired by the style in that area/project. I would suggest looking at a few different houses and then take note of which blocks are used and how, to then come up with you own original version. After that you can post the screenshots here and I'll give you feedback.

For your first challenge, please make a house in the style of Hammerhall, there are some good examples at /warp hammertown. Please include a reasonably large yard, you should be able to find examples of those at the warp as well.
Good luck!