Stuck In Launcher even after downloading the correct Java

Connery A

Mummer
Launcher Version: v1.8.0
Issue: The Launcher loads up but nothing happens
Explanation: I could load originally so I followed the steps to get the launcher working by installing and selecting the correct java version, I've also allocated enough memory but when I try to load in the bar goes to 100% and nothing happens and I'm given no option to join.

Attachments

• Image 1.JPG
    Image 1.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 4
  • image 2.JPG
    image 2.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 4

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
The launchers console output would help pin down the issue. However, I suspect you've got some global system variable set that limits Java's RAM access to 512mb.

Connery A

Mummer
I had a similar problem with normal Minecraft launcher a while back where my ram was limited but I was able to fix it. Could it be the same issue and how would i fix?

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Please get me access to the console output before we waste each others time looking into potential issues.

• Finally, you need to attach your console output.If you're getting an issue, we need to know what that issue is. Attaching the output is very easy.
    • Open the console using CTRL + Shift + i.
    • Do whatever causes the issue. We want the error to be in the console.
    • Paste the output on pastebin and link the result or export the output and attach it to your reply. Instructions to export can be found here.

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
You've the the launcher's RAM to 4GB, but it only manages to allocate 3GB for the jvm. Might indeed be an environment variable. On windows, simply search for 'environment variables' in the search bar. Open the menu, see if there's one about java:
Code:
_JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx3G

Delete it.

This is a very frequent issue and easy to google if you require more detailed instructions.