Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
StevenKing169

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
Netherlands

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
From a friend

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
The battle VS the white walkers at winterfell for sure is my most favorite moment. But in general i really like medieval and fantasy stuff.

What is your favorite build on our server?
i'd say the white harbor looks really great.

Why do you want to join our server?
i love building medieval fantasy things and i've done so for years and years. I like to see other people enjoy my builds and that's why this server would be perfect for that.

2022-07-23_19.54.19.png2022-07-23_19.54.39.png2022-07-23_19.54.49.png2022-07-23_19.54.59.png2022-07-23_19.55.05.png2022-07-23_19.55.12.png2022-07-23_19.55.20.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hi Steven,
Thanks for completing this application and glad to see you're interested in joining the team.

Nice work with replicating the application house, as I hope you can tell we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into our houses. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles.

I've just noticed from your screenshots that it looks like you don't have Optifine enabled (this mod improves the resource pack by enabling extra graphical features like connected textures). You can download Optifine here. Once downloaded you can drop it into your mod folder.

You're otherwise off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next. For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp tarbeck and share screenshots of it in this thread (an easy way to do it is upload them imgur.com and share the link). Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Tarbeck town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the Tarbeck style.

Good luck!

StevenKing169

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
Hello, first thank you for the tip about optifine. thought all mods were included in the modpack and didn't know i had to add it by hand.

I've studied some buildings around the warp and came to this build. This build contains of a house for the farmer, a shed for the product (wheat), another small shed like building that also serves as a little gateway to a small bridge to pass over a river flowing down.

This build also contains as requested a small garden, and a small well. The house itself has a cellar where the food supplies are stored, a small living room, 2 seperate rooms 1 for storage and the other for a person to sleep, and an attic with 1 side storage and the other for someone to sleep.

I also found some birch trees around the warp, so i've added a small birch tree next to the build.

2022-07-25_19.23.17.png
2022-07-25_19.20.35.png
2022-07-25_19.20.43.png
2022-07-25_19.20.57.png
2022-07-25_19.21.09.png
2022-07-25_19.21.23.png
2022-07-25_19.21.28.png
2022-07-25_19.21.34.png
2022-07-25_19.21.40.png
2022-07-25_19.21.44.png

Reactions: BlueJackdaw

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Steven, thanks for completing this Tarbeck house.

On the whole you've done a nice job, the shape, look and feel of the house is largely consistent with the Tarbeck style.

I'd only suggest a few changes to make it a little more consistent with how we normally build/furnish low class houses
- Thatch was a good choice for the roof of the house, I'd say that the sheds would also have thatch or wooden planks instead of the slate (which we save for more middle/high class houses.
- I noted a couple of gaps in the roof rafters beneath the straw thatch.
1659050641172.png
I think most thatch houses in Tarbeck go with adding oak/jungle stairs beneath the thatch for total coverage, see below:
2022-07-27_22.36.51.png
- I would probably tone down the number of storage chests/baskets. Could substitute one or two with pots, but peasants probably wouldn't have many possessions.

Swigging a potion of nightvision will also help with taking screenshots at night.

Otherwise I like all the small details you've added to the interior of the house and the yard and things like the well, trees and garden.

For your next challenge, please build a middle class professional house in the White Harbor style of /warp gullsgate (the general style in the sprawl outside the main city walls). Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor and residence upstairs, take a look at the styleguide at the /warp oldstyleguides and the finished houses in the White Harbor area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in White Harbor (e.g. carpenter/cooper/blacksmith/boat builder, netmaker etc).

Note in the post which profession you go with.

Good luck!

StevenKing169

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
I've made the next build challenge, the profession of this house is boat builder. as you can see in the pictures i've made the house with the first floor made for storage to build the ships out of (wood etc). The second floor has a small living quarters where the boat builder can sleep, eat and everything.

On the outside you can see a small boat being build with the help of a crane, and a wooden beam being bend bend by the use of fire with water next to it to keep the beam wet.
I didn't make a lot of detail around the house since it's located in a town and like at the warp houses are very close to eachother.2022-07-29_17.50.16.png2022-07-29_17.53.19.png2022-07-29_17.53.24.png2022-07-29_17.53.29.png2022-07-29_17.53.41.png2022-07-29_17.53.46.png2022-07-29_17.53.55.png2022-07-29_17.54.18.png2022-07-29_17.54.32.png

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Steven,
Well done with this Boat Builder. I really like the creativity with showing the wooden beams getting bent, that's the kind of in-universe detail we try to add to give each built it's own character. I don't have much feedback as I think you've captured all the important elements. All the interior details look good and appropriate to the profession and it's a good use of space.

My only small suggestions I would be with these floor boards, I can see the trouble you went to with adding in the rows of stairs to act as rafters which all looks good, I would just suggest moving that bag log to line up with the other one (then replace it with more stairs). It's often tricky to get the stairs/logs lined up in a way that seems plausible, so well done so far.
1659397343095.png

For your next (and tentatively final) challenge, it would be great if you could build a middle class professional house in the style of /warp hgtown. As with the White Harbor house, it should have a profession on the ground floor and residence upstairs and you can chose a profession that would make sense around Highgarden/the Reach (e.g. carpenter/wine merchant/tailor/blacksmith) and a yard would be great as well. Take note of the shape of the roof and what kind of blocks would suit a middle class house (nothing too lavish).

Looking forward to seeing your work!