Stats Questions

Hey guys,

As you know I travel and speak at tech conferences quite a bit, and often get asked about WC. So I know I'm not spouting garbage, I was wondering if anyone could get hard numbers on

1. How big our map is?

I know the stats online state ~22,000 x 59,000 blocks but this seems to refer to the old map and I feel like the new one is longer at the very least, if not bigger overall.

2. How many builders there have been over the years/there are commonly active at once?

I would imagine some dusty logs somewhere could be queried for unique builder applications/whitelists for the former, and an approximation of the latter (I'd estimate 60-80ish at least semi-active at a time, but am in a weird timezone and know it ebbs and flows).

Thanks in advance <3

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
The exact coordinates of the top right (TR) and bottom left (BL) corners are 11391,-29174 (TR) and -11391,27390 (BL) respectively, leaving us with side lenghts of a=22783 blocks/22,783 km (left to right) and b=56565/56,565km blocks (top to bottom), leaving us with a surface area of A=1288720395 blocks²/1,289 km². That's only a little shy to cities like Denver, Dheli or Cairo, and a bit larger than Portland, Marseille or Instanbul [Source]

Last edited:

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Regarding Cash's link, I couldn't find when these logs date back to, probably to the last update? In any case, highest ranking nobuild logs at #26, and among the top 100 there is 22(+-, I'm not 100% sure with a few) nobuilds ranked.

Lowest ranking builder (ex-mod, even) I found during a very superficial search was NickShaib at #581 (boo!) while our beloved surpreme leader is ranked at a very, very shameful #387 (doubly boo!)

All current mods combined log around 13700 hours. The top 10 (exclusive the 3 mods ranked top 10) log around 15190 hours.

Last edited:

jakeyquack

Bard
Hours spent on server seems to have an arbitrary start date for each player, SMP's start from 01.03.2014 while mine start from 09.10.2016 by which point I'd already been a builder for almost 2 years (also my more active period :p). You can see these dates on the players profiles; can't imagine where these start dates come from.

NickShaib's stats only started 18.03.2018, which isn't too long ago to be fair.

So, ye. Probably should take hours logged with a grain of salt.