[Special] Castle review stream

Mr. Palladian

Storyteller
Hey there builders, diplomats, storytellers and adventurers!

Upcomming Saturday the 8th of August at 21.00 CEST (UTC+2) I will start a stream on your server! WesterosCraft!
I am someone who isvery passionate about castles. I noticed that a lot of castles players build in Minecraft are not very historically correct. The defences are sloppy and sometimes even lacking entirely!
I would like to change it for once and for all! This is why I started reviewing castles on servers to show the builders how to improve, or show them how it has to be done.
The main purpose of this particular stream is to educate you guys!

The reputation ofthe castles on this server is really good! I still have to check them out, but I have heared that all of the castles on the server have been inspired by real life castles! This is something I am really excited about and I am looking forward to check them out ;D

You guys can also join this livestream. Both in game and on the stream. If you are interested in the format, I will link you to my channel and I will add a link to the castle review video I made last week! So you have an idea of what to expect :)

I am looking forward to see you guys next Saturday! In the meantime you will probably hear from me from time to time, just keep everyone updated about this special event.

Links:
Twitch
Latest Castle review

Best regards,

Mr. Palladian

Mr. Palladian

Storyteller
Lucky for me I don't give out grades haha
I will say what I think about the castle, from an historical aspect. Not from a lore aspect. Those 2 things might clash now and then.

This means that I will mainly be focussing on defences and not on aesthetics, because all castles look beautiful.

My main goal is to teach players how to improve a castle. It is an advice, and I am only sharing knowledge and maybe asking questions. It is up to you what you do with it of course.

Fortunately I heared some good stories about highgarden. I still have to check it out for myself though :)
I am even more tempted to check it out now haha

mdmeaux

Envoy
Do you already have a pre-planned list of castles you're going to look at? If not, maybe it would be worth talking with some of the mods to get some ideas as to which castles to review? There could be castles that exemplify specific common historical inaccuracies that you come across frequently which give you an opportunity to talk about them, and given the sheer number of castles on this server, it would likely speed up the process of finding them to have someone experienced on the server. Of course, you might also just want to hop in and review some random castles, which would also work well. Two things I would bear in mind are: firstly, this server has been around a long time and the build style and people's attention to historical accuracy has grown and evolved over the years; a castle from 2015 might not hold up as well as one finished this year. Secondly, I would say that, as a generalisation, the more significant a castle is to the canon of the book series, the less likely it is to be entirely historically accurate. GRRM can throw in details to his descriptions which make little sense from a practical point of view, but nonetheless we stick to the canon as best we can. You'll probably find that some little 'irrelevant' castle in the middle of nowhere in the Reach makes a lot more sense from a historical point of view than somewhere famous like the Eyrie or Pyke, that might be something to consider when choosing which castles to review. Just some thoughts from me, look forward to seeing the stream!