shel Builder Application

shel

Bard

United States, born in Poland

I first heard about WesterosCraft about a year ago (when I wasn't into GoT), about the same time DutchGuard uploaded his last WesterosCraft Walks video. It was actually one of my friends (a GoT nerd) who told me something like: "Hey somebody made a minecraft world about that show I like". I decided to look at it, and I watched nearly every WesterosCraft Walks video. I was extremely sick at the time (in the hospital), and this sounds poetic and all, but it truly did give me a beacon of hope to watch all your videos and what you had created.

Yes; The Count of Monte Cristo and Devil in the White City are two of my favorites.

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords
Feast for Crows
Dance of Dragons

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 6

Honestly, I would have to say Walder Frey, because he's a villain we all love to hate (until season 6). Another part of it is probably we literally share the same last name, and I often get people saying "Do you watch Game of Thrones?" because of it. Also, the Red Wedding was awesome.

Well, one is that I'm often told I can very accurately rebuild styles/pictures in MC. I try to cheer up people whenever I can, and I feel I am a very nice/inspiring person to people.

I want to join WesterosCraft because even though I'm a good builder by myself, I feel like I could do a lot better and more things with others of my skill level. You clearly have a lot of dedication to this project as you've spent years on it and even created a modpack for it, which I think is really impressive and respectable. I consider myself to be kind of a "fanboy" and love doing things that involve my favorite pop culture things like TV shows, which this server could give me. When I graduate college I want to get a job as a historian, and though you may say that GoT is fantasy-inspired and not the best place to start, I feel like that it can help me achieve what I want in life. :)

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited:

Enah

Skinchanger
Hey shel sorry about late reply ply, so let's get started :D

You've got a really good first house! my only concerns are the narrowness, the exposed sides of multi-sided blocks like empty shelves, the lack of moving room inside house due to narrowness of the walls, the amount fo sausages and fishes.

Also, thatch doesn't work properly below 45 degrees in angle, and your daub pattern is pretty good, a little too much, but not awful. The stairs are a bit weird, a simple spiral stair or a straight one were typical. Also the roof has a bit too much lumps for my taste, but maybe not for others. So, for your first challenge, please build for me a house in the style of Bandallontown, a lower class townhouse (stone with thatch) good luck!

Last edited:

Enah

Skinchanger
alright, nto bad. the tables are not realistic. in bandallon they use either upside down piston tops, or hoppers. your windows lack a wood carpet to cover the stone as a window sill, and the joists of the upper floor are going the wrong way, always do joists the shortest legnth possible :D also, sometimes a thatch carpet is a nice addition, keeps the floors from being "dirty" as they realyl used thatch "rushes" to cover the floors. also, firewood needs to either be wedged in between stuff or have a wattle fence of half door holding it in place (imo)

the garden is pretty decent, though sunflowers don't grow that way on the server. so, this is pretty good, btu I'm gonna give you another challenge, and this is significantly harder to build. Please build me a Middle class house in the Fairmarket Style. Ask arounf if you don;t know which those are. :D happy building!

shel

Bard
Hey shel, just checking up and seeing if you’re still interested in joining.
Yes, I'm still working on the build :)
I had to go out of town for a week to see family, so haven't made as much progress. I can probably finish it by wednesday.

Reactions: Enah

Enah

Skinchanger
Your fm house is super good! Many of the applicants struggle in them! I do have some issues, so, here they are.
1) logs are a no-no, also it's running the wrong way, supports need to go shortest for better strength.
2) thatch rushes (the floor carpets) are too scattered. having them be more connected and solid shaped makes it more realistic. remember, they are the straw on the floor to keep ti clean and refuse free
3) the party wall, aka side walls, are usually stone or brick in Fairmarket, due to risk of fires. mostly the wealthiest have them plastered over.
4) last thing, you have a really fancy garden. i would've included some veggies and maybe a flower bed, but they would still grow their food.

so, with this said, i want one more challenge from you. Please build a house in the style of Wickenden town. They are somewhat similar to Fairmarket, however they are a bit harder due to to the amount fo space they can occupy.

Last edited:
Reactions: shel and Elduwin

shel

Bard
Thanks for the feedback, I'll get right on it.

But, do you have any preferred class (middle, low, etc.) for the house to be?

Last edited:

shel

Bard
Just an update: shattered my right wrist (no permanent damage) while skiing, so I can't use a mouse and its very hard to type. Might take up to a few weeks for me to even start the build, hope you understand and know I'm still interested. :)

Enah

Skinchanger
This one has a few issues, firstly the trapdoors, i take it they are beams? we don't use trap doors beyond being trapdoors, also they hinder any egress into the rooms they are in. next, though yes rooms should be small in height, 2 high is unacceptable in most cases. 3.5 is the normal room height. that's not how apples work, lol, nor is that how thatch works, thatch needs to be 45 degrees ie, stair-stair-stair like your tiled roof does. another thing the roofs of most middle class houses in wickenden are steep, but there are some 45's in the town so that's not a big deal. the rain would get trapped and sit in the thatch, therefore rotting it away or the wind would blow it off the roof. how do they reach the clothes line? that is fine being at 2 high, and having a stool or plank for balance and some washing areas helps with that aspect. also, i'm unsure what the random rope in the attic is, and why it's cute in pieces? for the grocer part, a grocer would usually set up his wares outside, though, depending on the climate might be inside. so, fairly good job, you have come pretty far, but i want you to do one more challenge, this time a different style. a stone and tile house from hawthorne, those are usually middle or upper class. have at it!