Rexstop15 Builder Application

Rexstop15

Printmaker

Spain

The first time I hear about the server was about two years ago. I began watching the Westeroscraft youtube channel without stopping, so some time later, and amazed by every location and building, I went into the website and decided to download the launcher to explore the world by my own.

Apart from ASOIAF, I also love The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, and The Witcher.

Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

This is a difficult question, because I really love so many characters of the story. But, controversial, I would choose Cersei Lannister. I love Cersei. I love her personality and how she plays the “game of thrones”. She is strong and intelligent, and she is willing to do anything for her family and the people she loves. I admire her ambition and loyalty, and she doesn’t have any problem speaking her mind.

I think I'm very good when it comes to integrating a building with its surrounding. I love building gardens, paths and courtyards. And I try to pay lot's of attention to detail.

Since I’ve been only exploring and looking for inspiration on the server for a while, I think it is time to take a step forward, and try to help creating and expanding this world that I love so much. I would love to create something that people could enjoy and look for inspo. And I think it is a perfect opportunity to keep developing my building style and learn lots of new things.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW!

Last edited:
Reactions: otty

Veggie

The Old Bear
Hi Rexstop15,

Thanks for applying-- you've made a great start!

Your build looks largely great, I particularly liked the following;
  • You spiced up the outside with some plants and flowers!
  • You seem to have given a decent try to a 'gradient'-- by this we mean putting darker blocks/foundational blocks at the base of a building, and using different blocks the higher up the building you get.
  • You used rafters-- something many people don't get right their first time!
  • Nice skin!! :)

Some things you should be mindful of;
  • The one side of your building is particularly flat and potentially visually uninteresting (image 4). This isn't always avoidable, so it's not a huge issue but something to think about.
  • You missed one upside down stair on one of your roofs :)
  • The dormer window on the roof might be a bit 'heavy' looking
  • The fireplace/mantle inside would look better in a different block to contrast against the exterior stone.
  • Don't feel you have to fill all the space-- the bit with 4 sponge blocks is particularly something you should reconsider. You'll get this with time not to worry :)
For your first challenge take a look around Duskendale, and build a house you think would fit in there!

Good luck,

Veggie

Reactions: Rexstop15

Rexstop15

Printmaker
Thank you so much for your feedback Veggie! You are completely right, one of the sides looks rather plain and the roof window looks too bulky. For the next time I'll try to pay more attention to those missing blocks too. Also, I'll try to follow your recommendation on interiors. Usually I think my interiors are too empty, so I tend to overdo them. I hope I have done them better this time.

Here is my building for the challenge you gave me. Hope you like it:

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts. :)

Veggie

The Old Bear
Hey Rexstop!

This is so solid for an application build-- I love it! I can see it not just in the town but as a small manor out in the environs of Duskendale!

Some things you did well,

• House is nicely proportioned. Solid height for each floor. Good roof shape!
  • Great Wattle and Daub patterning on the whole, simple and not too busy.
  • I love jungle wood adjacent to dark northern wood, so +++!
  • Nice bit of weathering with the usage of stair/wall blocks.

Some (minor!) things to think about in the future,

• Might be a bit heavy on the glass. I admit this is an issue in a number of houses in Duskendale, so don't think you're to blame. I think you could have cut the 2 wide (this is generally not done on the server as it looks a little stange) glass windows on the sides.
  • Couple of windows missing shutters.
  • I'd have made the fireplace a different block colour inside, just to break up the brown inside.
  • Maybe some rushes (dark thatch) on the ground floor to break up the gravel!
  • The chimney might look a little top heavy-- maybe bring the stair block down a few blocks and have the tallest bit down a couple too?

Great build-- my complaints are really minor.

Let's have our next challenge at /warp woodwright

Looking forward to seeing your next build,

Veg

Rexstop15

Printmaker
Thank you so much for your reply! I’m really enjoying exploring all the different styles! Here is my Woodwright building. I got a little bit confused while exploring the area as there were various “social class” buildings, so I decided to do one of each. A “middle class” apothecary and a simple lower-class house with a bit of terraforming. Hope you like it!

https://imgur.com/gallery/ReKi3Ns

Rexstop15

Printmaker
Hey Veggie, just wanted to remaind you that I uploaded my second challenge build. I just wanted to make sure that the application won't be forgotten. Hope you can see it soon! Thankss

Veggie

The Old Bear
Hey sorry Rexstop, I did look at your new build but clearly forgot to respond!

I've got very little criticisms for what you've built, you're continuing to build at an appropriate level-- there are some slight mis-steps which would get feedback from a project lead but nothing major at all.

Some things to look at for when you start building on the server.

• Daub and wattle blocks should be viewed as structural. As such try and make the patterning make sense, and if not, go for symmetry.
  • Cover the underside of slate (and any non wooden) roof, you made a good effort to try and suggest at some kind of structure under the roof but you should extend it across the whole underside. You nailed it on your thatch house.
  • I'd avoid the single hopper blocks for tables, just as they look as they'd fall over to me! :)
These aren't huge issues, and would be quickly ironed out working alongside your probation leader, and project leads on the projects you build at. As you've built two houses and are clearly chomping at the bit to get stuck in and build, I am happy to promote you to builder.

Be sure to create your probation thread in the probation subforum, and ask a mod in game to promote you if you don't manage to find me when you're online.

Congratulations, and welcome to the team.

Veggie.