Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
RavishMeRed

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
The character arcs, lore/history, the medieval atmosphere; all great hallmarks of a fantasy universe! GRRM's story telling of the ASoIaF universe allows it to feel that much more real.

What is your favorite build on our server?
I really fell in love with Highgarden and its surrounding areas, but most recently I've really enjoyed the aesthetic of Duskendale.

Why do you want to join our server?
I've played Minecraft for quite some time and always wanted to work on a server, collaborating on projects and participating as a team to create the world GRRM always wanted.

Tell us about your build.
I was heavily inspired by the vibe of Fairmarket. I used thatch fur as a roof to suggest a poor/broken down aesthetic as well as a combo of jungle and spruce planks to introduce dark texture against the light fur and stone base.

1.0.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7 authentication.png

Did you follow the application rules?
"You know N0tHinG, Jon Snow"

Hey Ravish, thank you for applying. I will be the person going over your application. I will try to keep the feedback relatively short in a couple of bullet points.

• First of all, I like the composition of the house. I also really like the way to colour scheme of the materials used works together with the wood as an accent.
  • However, this will also be my first point of critique. When building a house style carefully look at the materials used around it. Each project and region use specific materials that define the style. You said you wanted to emulate the fairmarket style, which is quite different in material usage.
  • When making a gradient try to put the heaviest stones at the bottom (or at the sides to frame the house) and smaller lighter stones at the top. Eg. Cobble would go at the bottom. You did this suite well but try to be even more thoughtful and strategic about it.
  • The jungle often references wear and tear on the oak plank surface caused by rain. Therefore it would appear more at the bottom and places that are not properly shielded by the roof. This would also mean that it would appear less on the insides.
  • Make the roof fully peaked rather than a horseshoe shape. On the shed, I wouldn’t put thatch overhangs to the side and would keep the angle of decline on the roof consistent. Eg. 1 slab down every block.
  • Not sure why there is a part without thatch in the roof. They would fix that asap.
  • Make the chimney on the outside simpler.
  • Not sure how the wattle helps support the wood. I would remove it. In general use the wattle more scarcely.
  • Try to find different table designs from table blocks or hoppers against each other. Remove the glass on the table. This would be reserved for fancier houses.

Summarised great start, but still a lot of room for improvement. Pay special attention to the detailing and material usage of the houses around you.

For your next challenge please build a low/middle-class Duskendale townhouse that includes a profession.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me or the wider the community in-game, on discord or here.

Good luck!

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
For my next challenge, the profession of choice is a wine merchant. Duskendale used to be the largest port city in the crownlands before the building of Kings Landing so I really wanted to emphasize the importance of trade that would come from persons on the dock locations. Thank you!

Attachments

• DD 1.png
    DD 1.png
    2 MB · Views: 20
  • DD 4.png
    DD 4.png
    530.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DD 5.png
    DD 5.png
    427.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DD 6.png
    DD 6.png
    692.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DD 7.png
    DD 7.png
    378.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DD 8.png
    DD 8.png
    492.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DD 9.png
    DD 9.png
    452.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DD 10.png
    DD 10.png
    726.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DD 2.0.png
    DD 2.0.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Hey Ravish

Great build! I'll list a couple of minor things that could still be improved.

When using stairs above doors make them face inwards.
Make sure to use different supports that aren't the same wood as the facade.
Remove the fence from the rope at the crane and use carpets and fence gates rather than slab/ stairs for the ridge. It looks a bit chunky.
Make the thatch overhang less messy.
Don't stack thatch beds.
Don't put wattle at the windows. It's a detail that doesn't really add anything to the build and could make it more crowded.
Don't make arches with wood for connections between the rooms. It would be very difficult to make that irl. Just jungle walls/slabs would be better.
The bottom of the stairs looks weird. Make them follow the stairs rather than attaching them to the wall.

Other than that a great build. I'm satisfied with your building skills and will send you straight to probation ;). Ask a mod to promote you in-game. If you want more information about how the probation works we have an article about it on the wiki.

Good luck and welcome to the team

Reactions: Scubooty