Queensgate foster
Left by xKrillen43x and Bear and picked up by Johan

Resume:
Clan Knott Of The Northern Mountains
WH Hamlet And HF (coop with Endy)
House Cave Hamlet And HF
Hoarfrost Hill Of The Nights Watch
Lorn Point On The Frozen Shore

Hello! I would like to finish the Queensgate project. It was originally started by xKrillen43x and Bear, but they abandoned it at some point along the way.

Link to original app: https://forum.westeroscraft.com/threads/old-project-application-queensgate.949/
It contains all the canon and such.

I have a few things i would like change from how it now is if thats ok (tests in the bottom). And there is course the things they never got along too. So here is a list of both.

Things left to do, by the original leads:
  1. Build the collapsed staircase to the top of the wall.​
  2. Ruin the buildings.​
  3. Add ints to most of the buildings.​
  4. Make the tunnel gates.​
  5. Do the surrounding terra.​

Things i would like to do/update if allowed.

1. Change the gradient a bit.
  2. Remove two buildings (see below in the pictures).
  3. Move the graveyard to the an open space on the west side of the castle (see below in the pictures).
  4. Change the great hall interiors (too messy as they are).
  5. Remove logs as a structural support and in general.
  6. Tone down the giant stair to the tunnel.

I would like to remove the square tower on the right and the big building that combines the whole thing. Because 1) The castle is way too big, for the scale, with other castles like Shadowtower. 2) It makes it more defensive, which we know from canon that queensgate is not.

I would like to move this to a more open and larger area. Its place kinda awkward here. Besides its wall suggest a limited size for a castle thats thousands of years old.

This here is the new gradient on the left contra the old on the right. As you can see im not changing too much.

Here is the old roofs.

Here are the new ones.

If there is anything you want me to add just say so. I know this app is kinda minimalist but i hope its ok for such a small foster.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Well i kinda had a plan to do some more gift lands at some point. And an overall plan on how we could approach it all.
The gift is divided (in the terraforming part) in to two areas, on each side of the kings road. The first one and most progressed is the western side, I did some of it in my Hoarfrost hill project, and you (Endy) and Maj did some in the shadow tower project. It borders the Norrey lands which is currently being done Aeks. This western part ends at the Bay of ice, and is increasingly forested and mountainous. Eastern side has received 0% love :( and is described as a land consisting of large rolling plains that reaches the Shivering sea.
Then there is the new gift and old gift. The old gift is 100% abandoned, while the new gift is still populated. But we can assume its not fully populated, I suggest its a third part abandoned buildings/hamlets. This is all canon you can find here https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gift and in a search of ice and fire.

I think we should approach it in four phases.

West side:
The gift marked with blue ill take care of. I know the area and has already done a lot of work there. It borders the green line. The green line is the canon forest, og the west side. It will be a "tie up project" a term i just invented, for doing the small patches of land between already finished lands.

Mid west:
This area is dominated by forest and hills. It should be done as part of the Nightfort project server build.

East mid:
Rolling hills and such, good farmland too i assume. This should be done as part of Rimegate and Longbarrow.

East coast:
Part of the Eastwatch project. Rolling hills again.

So this also includes i wont be doing any major terraforming at queensgate. But i will repay my snowy terra debt through the mid west part. This way we will soon be able to cross off a very large patch of northern snow lands as fully completed and connected :D Instead of having many done patches of divided lands.

Let me know what you guys think of the plan.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
So first thing, part of the blue area you’ve marked is Norrey. I’d love some help with the undergrowth of the forest and some more details to it though! I was going to put BSentinelM and OTSentinel near and on the edges of the forest so there is a bit of a buffer between pines pyramidy pines and the umbrella CarcTallPines.

Norrey actually extends a bit further west, you can see a small stream and lake on the dynmap that is Norreyhf2.
That’s my attempt at the beginnings of the mountains foothills that are to the south of Queenscrown and just one of the many holdfasts that we’re said to dot the lands, though this one is inhabited.

the area around queenscrown isn’t canonically forested. It’s described as hills, grassland and lowland bog that extends in all directions except to the south, where there are the hilly beginnings of the mountains. (This is the area outside of the little lake bit) I’ll look through the canon again in a few hours to try and find whether there are hills like Disc (I think) put in.

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
So first thing, part of the blue area you’ve marked is Norrey. I’d love some help with the undergrowth of the forest and some more details to it though! I was going to put BSentinelM and OTSentinel near and on the edges of the forest so there is a bit of a buffer between pines pyramidy pines and the umbrella CarcTallPines.

Norrey actually extends a bit further west, you can see a small stream and lake on the dynmap that is Norreyhf2.
That’s my attempt at the beginnings of the mountains foothills that are to the south of Queenscrown and just one of the many holdfasts that we’re said to dot the lands, though this one is inhabited.

Ya i wont rul out i might have been a few centimeters of here and there, when making this outcast of a map. But i trust people still get what i am going at.

the area around queenscrown isn’t canonically forested. It’s described as hills, grassland and lowland bog that extends in all directions except to the south, where there are the hilly beginnings of the mountains. (This is the area outside of the little lake bit) I’ll look through the canon again in a few hours to try and find whether there are hills like Disc (I think) put in.

Queenscrown is just one small area in a very large region, there will course be variation in the lands. But minor details like this is probably better kept for another thread.

Reactions: AerioOndos
Things left to do, by the original leads:
  1. Build the collapsed staircase to the top of the wall.​
  2. Ruin the buildings.​
  3. Add ints to most of the buildings.​
  4. Make the tunnel gates.​
  5. Do the surrounding terra.​

Things i would like to do/update if allowed.

1. Change the gradient a bit.
  2. Remove two buildings (see below in the pictures).
  3. Move the graveyard to the an open space on the west side of the castle (see below in the pictures).
  4. Change the great hall interiors (too messy as they are).
  5. Remove logs as a structural support and in general.
  6. Tone down the giant stair to the tunnel.
I think all of these points are reasonable. However, if you remove the big empty wing and the square tower, I would propose to move the big tower more to the middle and add a smaller wing to it. Otherwise, it will look a bit like an afterthought. I’d also advise to simplify some facades and change the iron bar windows to smaller stair windows. It’s probably a bit more work than you anticipated, but I think it would look a lot better.

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey! Hoarfrost hill Queensgate is done.

As this is a foster of a 2015 project some places are build totally up from the bottom, while others are only updated. So some places might look diffrent from the others, look out for areas that look too bad or illogically planed.

When you warp there you will see that the roofs are covered in wool placeholders. It's a placeholder for snow layers. Ive kept it in case one of you want some bigger changes, i dont have to replace it all. As snow layers disappear once touched. The brown is 78:5 and 78:6 and the orange is 78:2 and 78:3, or something like that ill see whats best.

Last edited: