pumbas600 Builder Application

pumbas600

Mummer

New Zealand (P.S. Are there any other Kiwi's on this server, we're pretty rare so it'd be cool if there was!)

I heard about it through Dukonred1 and the Conquest Reforged Community, however, it was this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7YuI0PST2Y) which finally prompted me to apply.

Star Wars is amazing (Not the latest ones, although Rogue One was amazing) I especially love the Clone Wars animated series and I'm extremely pumped for Season 7!

Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords, Feast for Crows, Dance of Dragons

Season 6, Season 7

My favourite character would have to be Tyrion Lannister simply because of his cunning and intelligence. I have always loved how his character has developed and the 2 sides of him which we a revealed within the books, the brutal "dwarf" with no friends, but also the sincere side which only wants to make Westeros a better place.

I have extensive knowledge with the Conquest Reforged mod which along with having identical textures to a few of WesterosCraft's blocks, has made me familiar with the more realistic and immersive aspects of Minecraft, particularly, breaking the typical vanilla Minecraft building styles. Furthermore, because of Conquest Reforged's closeness to WesterosCraft, I have been able to quickly transition and won't need as much time to learn the skills to get my buildings up to the necessary standard.

I loved the ASOIAF books and would love to take part in a project on this scale. Previously, I looked at Westeros Reforged which is the Conquest Reforged equivalent to this project, however, it was far too inactive and didn't truly do justice to such an amazing universe. As such, WesterosCraft is an amazing opportunity to not only expand my building skills but also to help in the creation of this amazing project.

I know you weren't meant to put it on a flatworld, but I had already started so I decided to make some custom terrain, hopefully, that's sufficient... https://imgur.com/a/uc8UX5W

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfCat

thecoddfish

Emissary
Staff member
Kia ora Pumbas, glad to see another Kiwi on the server!

I think you're off to a really good start, you have a pretty solid grasp of our style and your artistic flair is evident in both your application and some of the other builds I can see on your imgur account.

Things I like:
- Gorgeous terrain and garden
- Great house shape
- Nice, logical interiors

Things that can be improved:
- Use more halfdoors instead of trapdoors - that way they can't be messed with by other players
- Glass is probably a bit too fancy for a farmhouse - same with the pinned scrolls on the wall
- The dun block in the wood seems a bit out of place. I know some people do things like this, but I'd personally discourage it (especially as dun and jungle don't mix well)
- Would recommend sticking to just thatch for a thatch roof, rather than mixed thatch and birch

I've already discussed this in game with you, but your challenge is to make a middle class house in the style of Duskendale, complete with a yard and streetfront. Focus on keeping the interiors class appropriate and making the house feel it would belong in the town - I recommend using wool outlines to show how the house would fit in with other houses on the same street.

Good luck!

Reactions: pumbas600

pumbas600

Mummer
Hey Codd,

I've finished my challenge build and decided upon this house belonging to a carpenter.
The link to that can be found here (https://imgur.com/gallery/dVln6iN).

Just some general context:
This house belongs to a wife, husband and their 3 sons.
The sons will often help their father out in the workshop, especially in busy times. Together, they have become a small, well-known and reliable carpenter to the locals. Even though they're frequently outcompeted by other fancier carpenters in the city, the father's care and genuine love for the craft when compounded with reasonable prices have allowed for them to do quite well from this business.

This house also has a small communal area which is shared with the adjoining houses.
The waste from the garderobe (which would also be fed into by a garderobe on the house directly next to this one) is collected regularly.

Reactions: HalfCat

thecoddfish

Emissary
Staff member
Hey Pumbas, great job with the Duskendale house!

Things I like:
- Beautiful exteriors
- Lovely cohesive interiors, especially the workshop
- Great job putting the house into context, especially with the yard, porch, surrounding houses and vines

Things that need improvement:
- Possibly a little fancy for a middle class house (especially for a carpenter). Books, scrolls, glass, paintings and fancy cabinets should be mainly reserved for the more affluent high class/nobility.
- I'm not sure if this is a lighting glitch (please bump up the lighting especially for the interior photos!) but it looks like there is spruce wood mixed in with oak in the floors. We'd rather you just kept it to one colour wood, or occasionally mixing some jungle or birch in to make it look weathered, when appropriate.
- The wagon is perhaps a bit excessively large given our scale - 2 wide is probably more suitable

You've done an amazing job, so I'm going to give you one (hopefully) last challenge. I want you to build 1 farmer's house in the style of /warp Burnley. You can find more little villages like Burnley in the Cape Kraken area by toggling on warps in the top left corner of our dynamic map. In particular, I want you to focus on keeping it down to earth and humble, with a nice yard for veggies +/- livestock.

Good luck!