Abandoned Project Application : House Foote Redo by Batelgause

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Hey Batelgause, nice app!

I'd like to point out that the location of Foote and (old)Lorch are somewhat disputed, and per the discussion below are intended to be moved into the Westerlands at some point rather than staying at the location they are at now, which is essentially in the Riverlands. Here is the direct quote from the border creation thread:
Lorch and Foote
1599072723396.png

Lorch and Foote are improperly located too far into the Riverlands. You can see here the black Riverlands border sticking out awkwardly into Riverlands territory with no natural borders for defense. The true border should follow more closely the Payne border (in red). I propose both of these projects are relocated to elsewhere in the Westerlands.
That said, the application, tests and style is really well done and would make a very nice fit for a border project in the Westerlands/Riverlands. Consider moving the project to Payne, Ironman's Bay, someplace else or rebranding it as a Riverlands project.

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
hey Stoop! thank you for your comment .

First , i need to think about where would it be moved and how the borders would look because i'll have to create new plans about it .
Second , i wonder if i can keep the current castle and transitional style guide in case we move it deeper into westerlands. if i can , i dont think i will have any problems moving it to Payne or anywhere else , but if not , i dont want to consider moving my project somewhere i cant use my test which i've been working and thinking for a month .
Finally , i'd like to have a word about where it would be moved if mods decide to move it .

that's all i have to say for now , i'll be waiting the mods to discuss and i'd like to learn more about the proposal .

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
View attachment 12033

Already have that spot decided :)
Yep! Fixed the borders this morning. Batel says he'll have a new map ready in a few days. For anyone interested the lands of old Lorch are now Redpool (Riverlands), and the regional border now makes a lot more sense. The borders of Blanetree, Deddings, Rankenfell, and the wartorn riverlands have also been adjusted slightly.

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
Yep! Fixed the borders this morning. Batel says he'll have a new map ready in a few days. For anyone interested the lands of old Lorch are now Redpool (Riverlands), and the regional border now makes a lot more sense. The borders of Blanetree, Deddings, Rankenfell, and the wartorn riverlands have also been adjusted slightly.
yes i'm okay with the changes and preparing a map right now . should be ready in a few days and the style and the castle will stay the same . only the location will be changed with the recent adjustments on the border .

Reactions: Azulejo

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
Hey! So i've made a new map for Foote here

the main ideas are quite similliar to the original map but everything there will be nuked and redone . Also keep in mind that the map might not be %100 accurate because of my photoshop skills and everything is subject to change .

I'm waiting for mods and open to any help with Terra

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Loving the new map! Maybe the stream and pond near Nunns Deep could have a overshot waterwheel connected to bellows of a refinery, or something similar? Or just crushing ore perhaps?

The upper valley in the hills looks v cool too. Nice work

Reactions: Guillaaard

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
Loving the new map! Maybe the stream and pond near Nunns Deep could have a overshot waterwheel connected to bellows of a refinery, or something similar? Or just crushing ore perhaps?

The upper valley in the hills looks v cool too. Nice work
thanks! i like the idea and will consider adding something there but all this will only be possible with some help for terra :p

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
thanks! i like the idea and will consider adding something there but all this will only be possible with some help for terra :p
I know the terra stuff sounds hard but I would really encourage you to learn and try to do it yourself. This is a fairly small area and should be fairly manageable for a beginner. There are guides on the forums and builders online who would be happy to give you advice. Don't assume that someone will do the terra for you.

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
I know the terra stuff sounds hard but I would really encourage you to learn and try to do it yourself. This is a fairly small area and should be fairly manageable for a beginner. There are guides on the forums and builders online who would be happy to give you advice. Don't assume that someone will do the terra for you.
i want to learn and do stuff myself i've already told that in the application but i cant just handle the whole terra esp the mountains . even if i did it'd take so much time for me to learn and start producing good terra work . i never expect people to do all the job in the project and i'll try to learn for sure , thats why i'm okay with it taking long but i thought people were given help with terra for their projects especially if its their first since i cant learn how to do terra on my own . i could try but that wont create any good quality work enough for the server . and the guides on forums can only give me the basic idea since i dont know things work .

Last edited:
Reactions: DutchGuard

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
it almost been a week so i'm bumping this.

also i'd appreciate some help on the basics aeks and that isnt a problem you cant do much afterwards . thanks for the help :)

Reactions: Vinnie

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Aeks I can also help pick up on the teaching. This land is small enough I can aid with educating. But I want it to be clear, I’ll be an advisor and teacher, not a doer :). I have my own two projects to do that have already taken forever. My speed would stall someone’s else’s project! But I can stop and help teach "the ways" and be there for assistance.

Last edited:

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Batel!

After going through your app and tests I think I'm happy with them, save the stone being supported by wood like I pointed out to you. And I'm also glad that Aeks and Ott want to help you learn some terra :D You have my approval. Be sure to make the terra very consistent with how Wyndhall made it, besides being right next to Foote, it's a great example overall to follow.

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
Hey Batel!

After going through your app and tests I think I'm happy with them, save the stone being supported by wood like I pointed out to you. And I'm also glad that Aeks and Ott want to help you learn some terra :D You have my approval. Be sure to make the terra very consistent with how Wyndhall made it, besides being right next to Foote, it's a great example overall to follow.
Hey Ric!
thanks for approving me finally :)
and about making the terra consistent with wyndhall i've spoken with pix and he agreed to help me with the transition between our lands and terra.