Completed Project Application : House Chelsted by ZoSo

ZoSo_666

Street Preacher
Hey, for the posterity, here the link to the original app :
here the link to the old thread :
http://testwesteros.enjin.com/forum...ject-application-house-chelsted-by-thezoso666

Approving mods : Howy and Demodocus

I use this opportunity to make a little anouncement , due to the terraforming for the Mander's source, the topography, hydrography and few roads have changed from my initial plan, i'll probably make an update on the west part, i'll post my idea as soon as possible, fortunatly nothing is plotted in this area !

Thanks to everyone who built in Chelsted ! it only remains few special builds : the town's warehouse (warp chelsted), the ferry's warehouse (warp csdferry) and the "control tower' (warp csdferry) so if you are interrested... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Thamus_Knoward

ZoSo_666

Street Preacher
Ok it's update time !

I have few things to talk about so it'll probably be a long post.

1) Major Caslte modification

I started working on the castle and i realized that it seems a bit odd to me and it doesn't fit the hill very well: the moat and the layout are inappropriate. I think that my mistake is from choosing an inspiration which stands on flat lands. As I’ll probably won't be able to give it the ambience i would like, i worked on a totally different castle, more realistic in my opinion and who surly fits better to the hill.

Here are some pictures, but i invite you to check it at /warp chelstedkeep, just above the first castle.

Even if it seems bigger, it doesn't take more spaces than i planned for the original castle area. The main dungeon will not be used by the lord's family, just the maester, the septon, few servants and maybe less important members of the family. Currently, the family lives in the manor inside walls. The kitchen touches the new great hall (the old one is in the dungeon). There is few other buildings : a sept, stables, the intendant’s house, three servants house, a warehouse, a laundry and barracks. The castle features a garden to provide enough foods in case of siege, crypts and an external access to caves.

The sept will be surrounded by the lord's garden with few trees and other wool part will be basically plain with grass and bushes, it can be adjust depending on the general aspect of the castle.

Concerning the gradient, it will exactly be the same that was chosen for the original one. The dungeon will have a gradient which reflects its age using the same blocks.

Main advantages i can give to this new model it's that it's built directly on a copy of the hill, so no bad surprises when it'll be add to lands. It seems also realistic and to me it reflects a bit more the fact that one day a Chelsted has been hand of a king (Aerys the mad).

2) The Mander's source terraforming

Currently @IwanDeLarch is working of the area's terraforming, even if it doesn't affect the lands a lot, a little update is necessary.

In the picture above the blue line represents more or less the old road that leads from Farring to the Ring. Now the new road is moved to the north (the yellow one). So i would like to keep the blue line as border, as it was originaly planned. Mainly because i would like to let enough place for the brewery and not putting it too close to the castle.

Also, the purple river is now a natural border. I propose to remove the holdfast from the lumberjack hamlet (csdhf2), i think there is no need for a tower here anymore. With Iwan’s idea, there will be sawmill in the hamlet powered by a weir. The weir will be just before the liaison with the Blackwater.

If the new castle is approved, I’m not sure to keep the manor near the river, I’ll just figure it out when the time will come.

3) Border with Smithyton

And finally I’ll use this update and the recent app of @Cedo for Smithyton just to point something. There is a village planned by Ced just near the brewery (just where I talked about in the previous part ;)). Also as I would like to keep the initial border, maybe we can talk about it :)

Thanks’ for reading this big post ! :)

Attachments

• 2017-09-17_17.28.25.png
    2017-09-17_17.28.25.png
    946.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 2017-09-17_17.28.35.png
    2017-09-17_17.28.35.png
    713 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    327.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    358.5 KB · Views: 17

ZoSo_666

Street Preacher
Hello !
So i open the first mini project of Chelsted at /warp csdhf1. it's a hamlet of cattle worker and an occupied holdfast/tower (not something too big).
I put some recommendation and a some notes in the area if you are interested.
don't hesitate to ask anything if you need !

ZoSo_666

Street Preacher
Hello i'm here for a little update,
what is done :
-A major part of the surroundings are done (forests, fields,pasture,farms,isolated houses,etc..).
-All plot at warp chelsted and warp csdferry are completed.

What left to do :
- the caslte,
- two plot near windmills,
- furnishing some houses,
- some little details in the forest near the river,
- the two mini projects which are a septry (warp csdseptry) which produces its own cider and a hamlet+holdfast(warp csdhf1) all information for each app are disponible at their warp !

Also i'd like to propose an little expansion of the lands, the area between the river and the Ring, i think it doesn't interfere with Smithyton's lands (@Cedo ? ) and i'm afraid it will remain an empty land, so here what i propose :

chelsted_extension.png

So it will not be really populated to not clash with the Ring style.
With this expansion i can add somewhere the manor planned in the original app. The woods near Ring's pasture are just a buffer zone but i can get rid of it if it's not necessary.
I put a meadow in the north to not overstretch the lands.
If you have visited Chelsted's surrondings you probably saw some standing stone/menhir, i had the idea to put a large alignment here (see alignement de carnac for inspiration) which can have been created during the first men era or even before, tell me if you think it's a good idea !
And last thing, warp travellers still exists (there was basically a large inn). So is there plan for it or any canon information about it, i couldn't find anything ?

thanks for reading and don't hesitate to give feedback !
ZoSo

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
/warp travelers used to be an inn that belonged to the old Smithyton project. It'd be a perfect spot to keep an inn, given the nearby hamlet and crossing.

Reactions: ZoSo_666

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah an Inn at the crossing would be neat in my opinion. I like the plans! There should not be largely different forest styles - If you are motivated enough you could update the Ring forest a bit.
There are parts that don't have fallen leaves but instead pineneedles. I think replacing those would be nice. The western part has a lot of bushes but the eastern part is missing some forest details like rotten trees or bushes. Then a few more of the newer forest plants could be used like in your forests; and done. This should not be too much work I guess.

Thank you for filling blank areas between projects. Everyone should do this.

ZoSo_666

Street Preacher
Thanks mods !
I'm ok for updating the forest, i'll change the ground mix and add lower vegetation where it's necessary.
And i'll keep the inn so.

ZoSo_666

Street Preacher
Hello everyone,
Here is the update time!

But before that, as Demod stepped out, i'll need another approving mod!

So, things are going well, most of the extension lands are done and i finally built the lumberjack hamlet at /warp csdhf2 (the name have to be changed) and the septry at /warp csdseptry!

What left to :
- finish the castle
- slab roads
- finish the hunting manor (warp travellers and then fly to the castle, you'll find it). I'm not really happy with the current one, so if anyone is interrested in making it or propose something, it's still time !
- Build the hamlet and holdfast at /warp csdhf1. Once again, if someone is interrested in doing both or one of them it's open to application !

Thank's !

Howy

Royal Messenger
Post-approved.

I have concerns about the river (near csdhf2) generally. Some edges seem unnatural, and it widens and then thins randomly at certain points. I recommend fixing up that river mouth (especially where it goes down the hill just before, it seems to be oddly wide then small and not consistent). I suggest you get Iwan or a similar river expert to take a look. Its only small things, but currently I don't have time to go through it ingame unfortunately. (This doesn't affect your post-approval, I'd mainly like it looked at more generally as part of the terra rather than the project itself)

Reactions: Iwan

Howy

Royal Messenger
But...but...OT looking so good and this one...not as good =I

Oh well maybe just fix the mouth up, I know generally with the terrain some stuff was tougher upstream (its mainly the weird wide bits? I dunno rivers maybe thats normal haha)