Probation: Xeson

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Build 1
Region: The Reach
Profession: Wood Cutter/ lumberjack (because near to the forest)

/warp bandahamlet
Coordinates: -9040 53 20515

//Location Count: 1

Last edited:

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Build 2
Region: The North
Profession: Hunter

/warp wullvillage3
Coordinates: -880 75 -13907

//Location Count: 2

Last edited:

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Build 3
Region: Vale
Profession: Servant(s)

/warp newkeepfarming
Coordinates: 1203 66 1680

//Location Count: 3

Last edited:

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Build 4
Profession: Farmer (has a pig)

/warp wullvillage3
Coordinates: -872 68 -13891

Last edited:

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Build 5
Profession: Lumberjack

/warp wullvillage3
Coordinates: -842 70 -13816

Last edited:

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Builds 6&7
Region: The real North
Profession: Fishers/ Wildlings

/warp mancescamp4
Coordinates: -1441 36 -20515

//Location Count: 4

Last edited:

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Build 8
Profession: not specified

/warp ambrosetown
Coordinates: -3028 59 16687

//Location Count: 5

Last edited:

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Build 9
Profession: Multi-tenant house for ropewalk workers with small warehouse

/warp WHDocks
Coordinates: 1908 43 -2650

//Location Count: 6

Last edited:

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi Xeson, welcome to the team - I haven't met you yet in game but I'm usually online during the evenings and weekends (gmt) for me.
your goal in this probation month is to build 5 houses in 5 different locations. you can build as many plots as you would like but the 5 is a requirement. I will be reviewing all your plots in game and I will review them on here for you to look back at, I want you to give me the closest warp and coordinates of the plots you do.

some useful things
/warp build /warp furnish /nv /list /seen
example- /seen majic -checks when I was last online.

also I will be reviewing your builds you have already done and hope to hear back from you soon.

thanks
maj

Reactions: an_escaped_duck

Xeson

Messenger
Thank you again for being my probation leader.
I tried to adapt your hints on my first Probation Build.
I hope everything is fine now :)

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Build 10
Profession: Big family (because of the big plot) - works on the fields (2 parents; 4 children) //yard left [front view] is my one

/warp bandahamlet
Coordinates: -9289 59 20554

Last edited:

IMajic

Royal Messenger
  • Probation Build 1
    Profession: Wood Cutter/ lumberjack (because near to the forest)
    /warp bandahamlet

feedback

House- The half door on the side of the barrel next to the front door isn't needed, you can use a trap door for a lid on top of it which works nicely. The bench drawers are showing on the back covered by the ladders, so I would change the kitchen layout around.

yard - I would replace the plowedfeild blocks to mud - makes the ground look more warn from the cart going in and out of. The cart has only 2 wheels please change this to 4 wheels it would tip over when unloading or a bump in the road would tip it. the veggie patch needs changing you need to separate them into there own bit. so I would redo that part.

-changes
    I've just gone back to write up this feedback and saw you have done all the changes which looks great. the toilet I would remove or move it as it sits on its own there and I don't feel it works as you have said they have the woods nearby aswell.

• Probation Build 2
    Profession: Hunter
    /warp wullvillage3

feedback -
    you have followed the style of wall very nicely, there isn't really anything I can see you could change apart from the drawers with the basket on top of it; seems kinda tall next to the bed so I would change it to just a basket.

• Probation Build 3
    Region: Vale
    Profession: Servant(s)

/warp newkeepfarming
    Coordinates: 1203 66 1680

feedback
    House- Ive noticed you have used a wheel as a decoration in most of your houses, I would refrain from using them in houses and keep them to sheds or carts. the candle upstairs is very close to the ceiling i would remove that as it would burn the house down. I would change that basket on the 1st floor behind the ladder
    as its showing from the room and seems bit odd, apart from that the servants house is cute.

yard- you could use mud around the washing area/barrel. shows bit of damp/wet to the palette not he ground. I think you could redo the veggie patch as its 1 big patch with 2 veggies and looks quite messy. you should separate them into there own 'veggie patch'. The vines are a good addition, the vines should connect to the ground onto a grass block or connected to a bush block(preferably a bush block) The yard could use a gate to stop unwanted vermin from eating the veggies so you could use wattle or the shutters for this. also one thing make sure that fern/grass are on top of grass blocks in house yards.

• Probation Build 4
    Profession: Farmer (has a pig)
    /warp wullvillage3

feedback
    great interior layout for this house, I'm not to sure about the cleaver on the shelf as it sits into the block so seems kind of odd up there on the shelf, its generally used on work surfaces on ground level. apart from that its a really nice house.

• Probation Build 5
    Profession: Lumberjack
    /warp wullvillage3

feedback
    nothing to change - good job

Probation Builds 6&7
  • Region: The real North
    Profession: Fishers/ Wildlings
    /warp mancescamp4

feedback
    mancescamp is closed so please don't build here, you didn't know just 2 things the cage in 1 tent seems bit odd up in the top, in the 2nd tent there are 2 fish blocks on top of one another just use 1 as it looks bit odd, great work on the tent shapes though.

• Probation Build 8
    Profession: not specified

/warp ambrosetown
    Coordinates: -3028 59 16687

There seems tone no storage for food such as a crate or barrel/baskets- the table could be used instead of the oak half doors/oak carpet. There is no carpet so please could you add one, this traps in the heat better as the floor would get cold at night. also great work on the yard a great improvement.

• Probation Build 9
    Profession: Multi-tenant house for ropewalk workers with small warehouse

/warp WHDocks
    Coordinates: 1908 43 -2650

feedback

yard- you could use some dirt/gravel or mud in the paths as the ground is all stone and it needs tone a lil more dirty.
    house - for the overhangs the roof for those 2 bits could be dark northern wood because the slate shows funderneath when your inside and the wood isn't as bad to show as it wouldn't stick out as much. I've noticed there are carpets on the ground floor and there isn't any carpets on the 2nd/3rd floors. on the top floor there is slate showing could you hide this bit better with the stairs and vertical planks. (i can help show you in game if you want) 1 last thing the doorways on corners you can use stair blocks above the door instead of using the half doors as they don't look great with the stone, the windows its fine to use the half doors for them.

go back and check those houses great work.

thanks
    maj

//Location Count: 5

Reactions: Xeson

Xeson

Messenger
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback on my houses. Sorry for building in mancescamp. I don't have recognized that it is closed, i only wanted to build those two left tent-plots - they seemed very lonely :(

I tried to adapt your feedback everywhere and tried to hide the slate in WHDocks as good as possible.

The storage in Ambrosetown is now on the one hand in the crates, which as well serve as the table and on the other hand outside of the house (crates with their own veggies).

I also removed the toilet in Ambrosehamlet, because I don't think they would use it or it would be authentic that they have one.

I really hope everything you noticed were changed good by myself. If anything else need to be changed please tell me. I would really like to perfectionate my 10 buildings before I step forward and start with building new ones.

Reactions: IMajic

IMajic

Royal Messenger
hey xeson I've just gone back to all 9 plots that I reviewed yesterday I like the changes you have done now, thanks. yeah there could be some extra feedback on those houses from the project leads so make sure to check them back when you can.

houses togo back to :-

Probation build 9 in wh docks-
I feel this could be better but you have made a really great house considering its diagonal aswell. I still feel the top floor(3rd floor) is a bit messy still as there is 1 tile block still showing and the arrow slits have 2 openings parts on the inside. *also I've noticed you hadn't used rafters for the 2nd floor ceiling or being the 3rd floor. could you add some rafters -use stairs as you have used on your previous plots. this way you could replan the top floor using the layout you have used but consider covering the tiles first and wall division.

Probation Build 10
Profession: Big family (because of the big plot) - works on the fields (2 parents; 4 children) //yard left [front view] /warp bandahamlet

feedback -
house- the rope ladder doesn't really work for people using it to get upstairs as its used to often i would change this to stairs as you have space but if you think a wooden ladder looks better over stars you could also use them. the rope ladder shouldn't be used that much maybe in a barn ?
-the vines on the front should connect to grass/bushes -by the front door.
-the baby crib should be thatch slabs because the stairs makes it to small (-the baby will grow so they would have a large crib for it to last.) also it looks better.
- the 2nd floor the beds are in a cluster you have space to separate them and could have to 4 up there. also they have a larger home so could have a tiny bit more money then the small cottages nearby.
- the party or food store is very tall-you could split them in half and have the stairs room being a bedroom or separate and keep it as a small meat store. you can decide. great work on the yard this time.

thanks
maj

Reactions: Xeson

Xeson

Messenger
Bandahamlet (Probie Build 10):
Ok. I've changed the ladders to stairs and seperated the beds.
Now there live 2 parents, one baby and 4-5 other children (+- one/ maybe a brother)
The storage area is now smaller but sufficient i think.

White Harbor (Probie Build 9):
I changed the ceiling and as i saw in other buildings, it is not necessarily that the roomas are completely closed (according to small free spaces because of the ceiling)

Emot said after i finished the first version of the house that it is good considering the diagonal plot.
Back then I had not added a 3rd floor (but I think that they don't waste space in such a big city like White Harbor). Now i tried to cover the 3rd floor much better and I also have placed the ladder inside the big bedroom. Up there is now the bed for the son of the "lessor" who lives in this big bedroom on the second floor (he also works as a ropewalk worker of course).

Thank you again for your fast feedback and i hope my changes are appropriate.

Reactions: IMajic

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Build 11
Profession: Cooper (makes barrels)

/warp wullvillage3
Coordinates: -887 75 -13937

Last edited:

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Build 12&13
Region: The Vale
Profession: Fishers

/warp newkeepfarming
Coordinates: 1177 76 1725

Last edited:

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Build 14&15
Region: The Vale
Profession: Farmer (+Barn)

/warp newkeepfarming
Coordinates: 1299 61 1680

Xeson

Messenger
Probation Build 16
Profession: Smokehouse (i wanted to try something new; not sure about the roof (Thatch, wood or slate?)

/warp bandavassal2
Coordinates: -9071 60 20715