Probation: Winter_Crow

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Hello Winter_Crow!
I will be your probation leader for the upcoming house during which you have the build atleast 5 houses!

_Simbaa

Printmaker
First house:
we went through some of it ingame, the remaining issues can be found here:
- the gradient needs a small fixing up (we talked about this in game)
- wines grow from the ground up, not the other way around
- please do not use plowed soil for small veggie patches, use mud,dirt,gravel instead
- for the clothes line, the supports should be the same thickness and block type - refer to the one i made above it
- do not have grain outside exposed to the vermin and the elements, make sure its stored somewhere where rats cant get it
- avoid using excessive amounts of storage blocks, please remove some (the crate and the grain in the garden, relocate the grain to the elevated sleeping area by replacing the sacks and baskets with it)
- your table has 6 legs, make it have 4 by using slabs for the middle part
- use cabinet blocks only for upper classes, they contain precious iron and are fancy, use bench drawers instead (i think the cabinet block can just go, it doesnt need to be relocated or replaced)
- the candle is s slight fire-hazard, burning right under the wood

Otherwise decent first build!
make sure to check with Enah (the project leader) if he sees some additional issues with it, once you fix the things iItold you to fix!

Probation Build 2, workers residence
/warp whshipyard
Coordinates XYZ: 1793.771/47/-2822.522
(It's the one right next to where the warp takes you)
Thanks for the feedback.

I haven't been able to build and I will not be able to build for the next couple of months or so as I am going away. Thought I'd just let you know.

Last edited:
Hi!
I haven't posted here in a while, I've gone online occasionally to check in but I decided to stop making builds after these first five because I wasn't getting any feedback. I haven't been in contact with _Simbaa since the first day we met ingame. I do still want to be a builder but I realised continuing to make houses would be useless as I don't know what mistakes I am making. I remember messaging someone about this problem a while back but I honestly do not remember who it was.

If anyone can help with this, that would be great.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Hey WinterCrow,

Other probation leaders seem to be a bit busy lately, so I will look through your builds asap, probably when I can get on the server in around 6 hours or so. I'll have some feedback for your then, but your builds are all in areas that have been approved or quality checked with the exception of Peachleigh (I think) so I don't think there will be anything major noticeable. What would be good is seeing current work from you which will be far more of a determiner

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Look at warp build as usual. I know there are 2 open plots at Norrey. One at Norreyhf2 and the other at Norreyham3. Also there will be, by the end of today there will be a lot of open plots at Norreyvillage. I do believe there are plots in Duskendale lands but am not entirely sure whether they are open or not. Look around THtown as well for some sweet, sweet Westerlands plots

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
For you WH house;
its very good, only thing that struck me is that the bedroom was quite empty. completely fine if that was intended

Peachleigh;
you need carpet in the bottom of the windows. I like the different rooms but I think there could be even more thatch carpet, using thatch block at the edges to give it a '3d' appearance

HolyHall;
no issues with it on my part, and obviously Marg and Des haven't had any either

Knott;
All g!

Now that is 5 houses but I would like to see another to see maintenance of quality.

Hey!

I'd like to apologise for going inactive so suddenly, I know it's probably no big deal but it was bothering me whenever I remembered it. In the beginning I was really into it and ready to continue my probation but the silence for so long just threw me off I think and after I finally got a reply I was nervous to build because it's being so long. I would still like to be a builder because I love this project so much I think its awesome, and I would be so grateful if someone could tell me what I should do about this- whether it be applying or building 5 builds again, to re-learn the style, or anything.

Thanks, Winter :)

Reactions: Emoticone11

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Not Aeks, but I think it's cool if you just make another house (or a couple more if you feel like you need it) and then get this probation wrapped up once and for all :) Don't be nervous about building after being away btw, I thought your White Harbor house way back when was pretty good, and the style hasn't changed drastically since then. Just ask around in-game for feedback or suggestions if you're ever unsure.

Welcome back!

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I worded my last message really badly, your builds have been great. Why I asked for one more was to get you back into the swing of building again, as you said yourself that you hadn't had practice lately. I can even work on one with you.

Also, you've been a really good probbie. The only things I need to pick up on are small details like having carpets in windows etc because the standard has been really high!

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I've just had a look at your Sarsfield house and think it is quality! I reckon your ready to be promoted to fullbuilder so get a mod to change your rank.

Reactions: Winter_Crow