Probation: VoxerBr

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey Voxer!

Ill be your probation leader. All you have to do is build at least 5 houses, 5 different places. I saw on your old probation thread that, you are only to be a probie until you have shown me that you have mastered the art of building. And not necessarily for a full 30 days.
I will try and see if we can go through the houses together but thats not always possible. In any case i will post the bullet points of the things you need to correct at houses here.
Try and see if you can make some building buddies on the server, it always more fun to build with other people :)
If you have any questions just ask me. And im sure the other builders and probies will help you too if you need anything.

Have fun!!

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hello here is your first reviews!

Low class farmer at /warp ddnorth

Things to fix
  • Dont use full blocks of bread for simple farmers, they cant afford it.
  • The clothes lines need to connect to something on both its sides.
  • Dont use spruce outside the north (your table is spruce here).
  • In an small house like this id just make the sleeping loft from wall to wall.
  • Dont use rope ladder for permanent, like beds in this case.
  • Use dark thatch or leather for the seats.
  • When placing firewood, make them horizontal not vertical.
  • I changed the ground under the turnips, that has to be done with we so dont worry about that.

Good things
  • You made multi layered thatch carpet.
  • The sleeping loft with the room divider between you made can be used in other cases.
  • Good fireplace.

Low class farmer at /warp vkhamlet

Things to fix
  • The clothes lines need to connect to something on both its sides (you have two lines here, one of them is good).
  • I replaced a full oak plank block with a hooper.
  • They need some firewood dont they.
Good things
  • Epic yard you made there.
  • Strong ints.

Reactions: VoxerBr

VoxerBr

Storyteller
Hey johan
Thanks for the quickly reply, and for the tips, i appreciate.

I"m going to fix the issues on the first house sap, i did it before my re-application, it was a while without building.

Oh, and i think you missed the firewood on the 2nd house, its on a little cabinet in the garden xD

Last edited:
Reactions: JohanKR850

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Heyo!

On your next houses please number them so we can keep up on the amount easily. Like house 1 and house 2 and so on.

Farmer:

Things i fixed:
  • The firewood was unsupported, so i put it up against a wall instead.
  • The fireplace was in the ground which seems uncommon for this area, so i raised it.
  • I also removed the candle. Im not a big fan of candles in low class houses. But they are certainly allowed! I just removed it because it was a firehasard with all that thatch :eek:
Good things!:
  • Strongs ints!
  • Good sleeping area!

Shepherd:

Things you can fix:
  • The fireplace has a kinda awkward placement. With almost no floor space in front of it. Try to reorganise it a bit so its maybe turned 90 degrees?

Good things!:
  • Really good huse over all.
  • I dont know it was your idea, but i love the pen under the house concept for low class houses!
  • If you take care of the fireplace, i dont think there is anything else at all :D

VoxerBr

Storyteller
Hey johan, sorry for the late reply, and for the bad post up there, i just got back to work after 4 months, because of the quaretine.I'm still geting used to the routine :S

Thanks for the tips, i fixed the Shepherd house, the animal pen was a requirement for the build but i spend it quite some time trying to look good, i'm glad you like it.

And i did two houses at /warp romohamlet
x-110 z15737
But IronGiant already reviewd, and guided me on the style.

And some tents at /warp mancescamp
x-1624 -20519
And Otty already reviwed too.

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hello! I have taken a look at the romohamlet houses. They look good both of them. One thing is the quaryman house which has bench with knifes and shit just hanging up there, between the chimney and a wall. But dont change that cause the house is approved.

Pyle house:

Things to change:
  • The 2x2 table, is not to my taste but its a matter of taste and style, so normally id say just keep it. But i think that in this case it makes the room a bit cramped, so change it to a 1x2.
  • You can make do without the ironbars at the fire.
  • The exposed side of the barrel at the kitchen seems kinda odd, since the overhang (or what ever it is called) is supported on it. I changed this, check it out.
  • There is a lot grain sack, lets chill back on that a bit. Sometimes less is more.
  • Firewood inside has no side support. But since there already is 3 other firewood blocks, i think you can cut this one out.
  • Remember that these people live and work in their yards, try to have a bit more detail in this one.
I put up the ladder with we.

All in all good job! And keep up the good work!

Last edited:

VoxerBr

Storyteller
Hey johan thanks for the review,
but someone changed the exterior blocks and redone all the interior, maybe the plot wasn't open ?
Weird because the block pallete, house class and plot layout was all there and i got there by the /warp build.
Idk, thanks anyway.

Reactions: JohanKR850

VoxerBr

Storyteller
Herbalist/ witch hut
at
/warp birleymill
x -8215 z -39 (just down at the same road of the houses above)

Last edited:

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Heyo Vox.

All three houses are good! We talked about them in game not much to say really. Only recurring thing is that you should probably start placing doors on the inside of walls, not the outside. Your level of building has reached a high enough level, to become builder but i would like to see you build in just one more style (we talked about Summerhall in game). Once ive seen that, you are good to go.

Reactions: VoxerBr

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Very nice!

They are both a good execution of the style. One thing with the servants quarters is that it might be a bit hard to see that this is in fact servants quarters. But since it's a ruin it is ok. But what i would do is add traces of a upper floor, and maybe throw in another bed or two or a chest, to show that this was once personal quarters.

Anyway, due to the special case which your probation is, yours does not have to last a full month. So i am here by declaring you ready for builder promotion!

Hey Voxer

Welcome back! After consulting with other mods, we have decided that you will have to reapply and go through the probation process again. We have decided this because you have been inactive for roughly 1,5 years. We used to demote people after two months but have become more lenient with this rule. However, we feel a time this long warrants it. To compensate we will allow a shortened probation where you can become a full builder if your probation leader agrees you've made enough progress.

Good luck! We are looking forward to your application.

You have shown a consistent skill in the art of building and it has been an honour teaching you. I hope you had fun building, and that you will stay on the server for a long time. If you want to see how to move on in your progress on the server check this out https://westeroscraft.com/wiki/guides/general-building-guidelines. But remember that you dont have to lead projects to contribute to the server, all builders are of great value. If you have any question in the future always feel free to come to me.

- Johan

VoxerBr

Storyteller
eey O/

Thanks Johan i appreciate.
Your tips and reviews helped me alot, but for sure i have a lot more to learn, and I will definitely ask for your help in future projects :D
I hope to make a nice addition to the team. :)