Probation: Staf_

Staf.

Mummer
Second build:I built a furrier in stoney sept, I didn’t see the giant sign though, pretty dumb but I think it fits in quite good..
Staf

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi Staf, I Haven't spoken to you yet in game. I will be your probation leader for this probationary period.
As you may have seen, your goal in this probation month is to build 5 houses in 5 different locations. you can of course build as many plots as you would like but the 5 is a requirement.

I will be reviewing all your plots in game and I will review them on here for you to look back at, I want you to give me the closest warp and coordinates of the plot. -which you haven't done yet. I find it better to give feedback in game and will put the review on here. If we aren't on at the same time I will leave melons and examples above your plots aswell.

If you have any questions or need any help with anything just send a message in game.
Also I have updated /warp Build for this month -so you can check for plots on different projects from there.

thanks
maj

Staf.

Mummer
Hi Maj,
Here are the coordinates for the first 4 builds of my probation period.
First one is a farmer's house in Holy Hall: -4540 43 17321.
The second one is in Stoney Sept, it's a furrier: -1670 40 11291.
The third one is a septon in Highgarden: -4939 40 18336.
The fourth one is in /warp uffquarry: -5818 60 17197.
There you go! Have a nice day,
Staf

Staf.

Mummer
Hi Staf, I Haven't spoken to you yet in game. I will be your probation leader for this probationary period.
As you may have seen, your goal in this probation month is to build 5 houses in 5 different locations. you can of course build as many plots as you would like but the 5 is a requirement.

I will be reviewing all your plots in game and I will review them on here for you to look back at, I want you to give me the closest warp and coordinates of the plot. -which you haven't done yet. I find it better to give feedback in game and will put the review on here. If we aren't on at the same time I will leave melons and examples above your plots aswell.

If you have any questions or need any help with anything just send a message in game.
Also I have updated /warp Build for this month -so you can check for plots on different projects from there.
Hi Maj, My probation period started a month ago but I saw you didn't give any feedback yet.
Are you on vacation or is everything okay? Do I need to ask someone else?
Thanks,
Staf

thanks
maj

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hey Staf

sorry for not giving you any feedback for the month of your probation and I haven't really been on that much this month so i still haven't seen or spoken to you yet, hope everything is okey tho.

I will give u some last feedback with screenshots here on the probation thread for you to look back at. so you can reference and gain a bit of knowledge hopefully.

First House - [Holyhall Farmer]

For the yard
- around the base of plants/bushes you can use a mud/bog mix or use grass and plowed fields to give it a slight more detail as currently you have used the dirt/gravel mix all in the yard with abit of mud around the entrance+which works quite nicely.
-The apple tree seems quite tall, you could use a ladder beneath it so they could pick the apples off it; the apples would generally fall off the tree and land on ground sometimes and with it being quite tall this would bruise the apples +so when doing fruiting trees they would be pruned and kept quite low for this reason.
great work with the layout of the yard though, the crops are nicely laid out and it looks neatly completed, gj

For the house
-as the house is made from mainly wood, it would be nice to see a mix in the palette using jungle wood to show some age using jungle woods on the corners in a loose blobby way to show some dampness in the wood.
-also showing age another way you can use the stairs blocks in a patch way that some of the thatch has worn away from the roof from the elements.
- when you do carpets we do them in a blobby fashion around the living space as it keeps the house more warm as the ground can get cold- we don't do them in a spotty way as it looks bad.
- the layout on the inside is also very well done and i can see you have a good eye for layout which is good.

Second House [SS - Furrier]

-when we do stone houses we use larger darker blocks nearer to the base of the house as these support the wall and would get dirty closer the ground from dirt and water.
- I've left some examples above the house for signs u could use for the furrier as the wall block is kinda chunky I feel, play around u can use rope/chain and fences for this.
- when thatch goes over the edge to protect the walls from rain make sure it is supported on the underside. you can use fences for this gate also work for nice smaller supports as well.
- inside on the second level the furnishings are mainly made of spruce this is to close to the wall palette and i would change this to oak so the shelfs sits better also the shelf can be supported with rope.
- good job again with the layout and nice ideas in the yard good work there.

Third House [HighGarden]

- Nah has left some good feedback above - I would read this first and also make a better use of space in this house like he has suggested, the palette seems nice tho.
-the chimney could be placed better with the roof as well, maybe being a double chimney?
- the blue shutters contrast a lot with the jungle roof i wouldn't really do this so change them to the oak, if you want colour green is acceptable with a jungle roof.
- so i would go back and read the melons and add in/change the things I've mentioned above.

Fourth House [UffQuarry]
- as this house has been approved already by eld I think there is little to change
-there is no back door on the house, the elements would get inside -lose a lot of the heat inside as well.
- seems tone a lot of meat hanging up around the place/outside these would get infested with flies quite quickly and would be put away very quickly
- i redid the thatch dotty carpets into a single thatch carpet
-above the door you can use stair blocks if its on a corner (for a diagonal house) -ive changed this already.
-there seems to be empty spots that could be used in the house for something/ like storage/a crib/a send bed?
- the yard seems quite empty and could have been payed out in a better way with a few veggies or a fruiting tree/bush as they wouldn't live of there own produce as this would be sold to keep there living.

Fifth House [WH - Tavern]
-this house was very different but seemed quite cute overall.
- I changed the table inside as the hoppers are better used for larger tables, use half doors and carpets to make small tables.
- the pier was floating, so me and Ahorn added in supports under the water.
- the palette was nicely done on this house with the jungle and spruce mix and was nice to see ageing on this build

+ hope you understand all this, if you don't just message me or grab me in game.
I see you have already been promoted, congrats. hope you had enjoyed building these houses and hope to see more on the server.
your 5 houses prove you have the skills to continue as a builder on our server, so welcome to the team, just make sure to cover these bits and you should be fine.

thanks.
majic

Reactions: Iwan