Probation: Kaksmularen

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Hey Kaks! Welcome to the team! I'll be your probation leader and am excited to teach you our honorable ways.

However, I do want to be transparent in the fact that I've been hunkering down on the results of my critique and my probation builders. I'm not strict but I really want people to learn during this period as server standards are currently high, higher than when I started.

So, that being said here are my expectations!
I need 5 builds, preferably from a variety of projects. I completely respect that finding a place to build is difficult, let alone 5 different ones. However, if I critique 5 builds from the same style, it's not showing me much of your understanding of our server standards. I'm not saying you can't build in the same place, but they can't all count towards your final five (maybe 2).

If a build is approved by the project lead I prefer not to accept it. Its nothing against you or anyone, but since more builders than not prefer to go in and adjust the mistakes and then approve it versus leaving melons of critique, they're not teaching you to learn from your mistakes.

If some area doesn't seem open to building, ask around before getting started. Some areas will have glass borders overhead, these borders mean "Open to building" anything outside you shouldn't be building in yet.

I want you to be following the style guides and other builds down to the details! While I respect personal building liberty, I want you to understand our thinking before you go in and start making more independent decisions on another's style. Does this make sense? Until you have 5 approved builds, I really would wish that you look at the details of each build and try to strictly follow their stylistic approach. I really don't care much to see builds where there are a bunch of broad interpretations of the style. It's just to create good building/thinking habits!

Interact with others, the more a part of the community you are, the better experience you'll have on the server!

Ask questions.

Build! Build lots! I love it when people just go crazy building. However, just because I don't critique all of them, doesn't mean you shouldn't go back and fix things you learned!

Have fun! I know I may have scared you, with well, me (I'm may seem intimidating, but you'll soon realize I'm an extreme dumbass who tries to be smart but ends up communicating in piglatin) But really this server has made a huge impact on a lot of people's lives, and I would like it to have a positive one on you!

Things to expect from me... Your leader. Who ... yeah. Me.

If we aren't on at mutual times to critique, I leave Melons and a forum post. However, it is much more beneficial to talk in game so be prepared to drop whatever you're doing if we're both on so I can teach you my wisdom and ways. The interaction allows for easy communication is all, and I can provide demonstrations aswell.

Do as I say not as I do. Please... please don't follow in my footsteps of terrible building.

I will try my best to get back to you in a reasonable time.

If there is anything you need from me. Lemme know! If you feel I'm not teaching you enough or showing you enough then I'm failing you. Let me know if I am. I'm trying to take this seriously
Good luck out there again, sorry for the long post! I tend to over explain myself...

Savitz

Mummer
House 3. built in /warp wullvillage3. Farmer.

Btw, will be on tomorrow (14 December) for like 8 Hours maybe so would be nice if we could catch up then c:

Savitz

Mummer
House 4. built in /whsprawl2. (There wasn't any profession listed so I guess it's just a standard peasant)

Savitz

Mummer
House 5. built in /ballagricultural. Farmer.

Also, tidied up House 1 as per your instructions, if you'd care to take another look c:

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Okays starting off good work! Glad to see you getting off on a good foot! Hope you're having much funs.
I see that you did in fact fix the issues I saw. But I still need to post here these issues.

Exteriors-
Good attention to the style palette. Just know it its also very common that the pallette does go from Jungle wood-oak wood to represent rotting wood from the moisture of the ground. But that was not the style here so you're fine!

Messy that roofs aren't used too often. Know to avoid over-messing with them. Try to keep them simple, or avoid them in general, especially if the style doesn't require it.

These aren't required changes, just notes to well... take note of.

Interiors-
READ THIS PLEASE Tight interior area to work with. Honestly I find it difficult to critique these without being in a one-on-one or copying pasting the house with a billion melons in the area without it being in situ.

Chimney - Good placement. Fair use.

Counters - Hops underneath are weird, maybe use a shutter to cover them and make it less like a buried crate in the ground?

Table - The tight interior space is rough to work with but the table set up seems almost formal with the tall "backs" of the "chairs." I do not think it is necessary to have two beds in this house. Or I suggest a rough looking bunk bed or just a single bed.

Beds - Look above. :D

Yards.
In summary, since you already know
-Keep consistent undergrowth/ground under your plants.
-Try to maximize the fields, with crops. Nice full fields are prettier.
-Try to create an overall nice and clean appearance
Maximize yard space, this is how peasants fed themselves.

Btw. Slab your yards pretty pweasse.

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Thanks for the changes! Those are approved under my guidance but check back incase the leader has anything to say.
Not many melons of the WHsprawl2 house but I more to say here.

Exterior

The blue plant would indeed chip off in areas, but the bottom the ground is also wet, and your palate needs to represent that fact. Use more jungle at the base or switch it to the northern wood.

Interior
-
Since you didn't choose to have the stairs pushed up against the wall, I do believe that there is a better way to have the railing upstairs. Thus in which I suggest having half doors on the wall the opposite of the side you walk in on. Remove the ladder etc, because no one would be able to carry a barrel up a ladder anyways.
And have the kids beds be a bit more separate.

-The top parent's bedroom should feel less unintentionally filled with baskets etc. If you need to fill up space make a nicer looking closet, or a baby's crib. At the moment it feels like stuff is added for the sake of adding stuff. You already have plenty of indication of crates/baskets elsewhere. Know that filling space for the sake of of filling space isn't a good habit to start. Keep looking for ways to utilize space rather than plop down a few drawers and a couple crates.

Yard-

Some of the space could be used a little better, but I don't mind here. Looks good, the only suggestion I have is bone marrow-ing your plants to full growth.

Savitz

Mummer
House 6. built in /warp wullvillage3. A lumberjack this time around, also fixed up some things on the WHSprawl2 house.

Btw, I might not be on that much now during the holidays, so don't be too alarmed if I take some time untill the next build.