Probation: JEHINC

JEHINC

Mummer
Build #4
/warp holt
Well to do farmer with family. Owns lots of pasture land. Small veggie plot in back.
2562, 44, -3482

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey Jehinc, we talked in game, and as you know I’ll be your probationary leader :D

If you have any questions just ask. Remember to make sure the plot is open before building.

Try and see if you can build houses in 5 different styles, to better know the server styles and blocks. And most of all, have a fun time building!!

I’d like to go through the houses in game as well as post the bullet points here.

Probation build 1
We went through it in game.
This is a very good start, the house itself is pretty damn good :D. But there are some points regarding the yard:
· We changed the ints of the shed, from a place where he made horseshoes too common storage. (Horseshoes are made by the local blacksmith)
· Added mud to the yard
· Instead of having one large kitchen patch to have both carrots and turnips, make two smaller ones, one for carrots and one for turnips.
· I changed the chicken pen you made, to the more common design we use. (You should go check it out). The pen you made could be used for pigs though?

Good job :J see you in game so we can go through the other houses.

Reactions: JEHINC

JEHINC

Mummer
Hi Johan,

Thanks for being my probie lead. Also, thanks for posting the changes that were made. It'll help me with other builds. I may be on the game in a bit or later tonight.

Reactions: JohanKR850

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Probation build 2
  • Make storage more orderly. It’s hard to get around and find stuff if it’s not placed orderly. Note use some shelves.
  • The 4 block table is a bit heavy for a 4 chairs, just make a 2 block table.
  • Make (some) beds (in this case for children) one big bunch of thatch and thatch beds, then ppl help heat each other.
Probation build 3
  • Make sure not have all the furniture/ints op against the wall. Make tables for example stand a bit into the room.
  • Added mud to the yard
  • Instead of having one large garden patch try to have two smaller ones. And in a huge yard like you can use some space for like a pigs pen or chicken pen.
  • Also, by rearranging the garden like we did you can make better use of space. Like we moved the shed up against wall so you could have the clothes line in the centre, and make space for another patch.
Good job, see ya for the next houses :D

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Probation build 4

Very good house, was approved before i came.
  • My only note is not to leave paper in a low class house, as the filthy peasant cant read ;)

Probation build 5

Good house again
  • Again its the yard, remember to use the space as efficiently as possible to make space.

You have now made 5 good houses, you clearly put a lot of effort in to your houses instead of just rushing them and doing like 30. Which is an extra good thing in these hard times were the plots are scarce. Lets see another one of those good houses and youll be ready to become builder :D

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Probation build 6
Very good house
  • Only thing is you should never put dark thatch next light thatch (also is the dark thatch is chair).
Probation build 7
Good house, and good to see you build a larger town house. Here are the highlights:
  • You overdid it with the cabinets, there was a lot of them for a lowclass house, try putting in chests insteadt.
  • And having 2 fireplaces is a bit much for a low class town house. It would take too much firewood, for it to be affordable.

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
So i went through the last of your houses, and left a tiny bit of feedback at 9.
You have shown the skills needed to become full builder :D. So once your full probation month has ended you can get that N removed and join our ranks. Ive liked having you as my first probie, and i hope you liked probation too. You are a good builder and im sure you will become a great addition to the team.

As you may know, once you have left probation you can do a project. But before you can do a project you first have to do 2 mini projects, a hamlet mini and an Hf mini. These minis include planning and opening of plots. You dont have to do this however, its only if youd like to do it. If you have any questions about this (which you probably have, if you are interested) just msg me in game. Looking forward to see what you will do on the server :D.

If you built more houses (while in probation), ill take a look at them for sure. Fell free to ask me about anything both in probation and once you have left it, im open to help you. :)

JEHINC

Mummer
Thanks, Johan!

I have learned a good bit and pretty sure there are a lot more to learn. I make small mistakes here and there, but it doesn't take much to fix them. :) You are a good probie lead, with good skills. Thanks again for helping me out! I probably won't take on any projects any time soon. I need to work more on my building and planing skills, also, I have a busy life outside of WestersCraft. If and when I decide to take on a project, I'll ask you for advice. I'm sure I'll need it! :D

I'll keep posting my probie builds here when I start/finish them.

Reactions: JohanKR850

JEHINC

Mummer
Build #11
/warp birleymill
Smith
-8145, 45, -177

Build #12
/warp birleymill
Smith's House (No yard?)
-8130, 45, -176

Build #13
/warp birleymill
Carpenter (House, Yard, Shed, and Workshop)
-8163, 45, -131

Last edited:

JEHINC

Mummer
Build #14
/warp duskendale
Works at Dyer (Use alley to the right)
5110, 43, 11690

Build #15
/warp duskendale
No description of the house
5079, 43, 11655