Probation: DylanLovesYouJP

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Dylan, I'll be your probie leader :) You seem to have already gotten the hang of everything, but feel free to ask if you have any questions. I'll give some feedback on your houses soon (in-game if I catch you online, otherwise in this thread). Enjoy building!

Emote

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Checked out the first five, they look great overall! Don't really have any feedback or tips except for super minor stuff:

House 2:
- I'm not sure the gradient needs four blocks for a small house (though I know the house next door has it). I would suggest focusing on using 3 blocks but making a smooth evenly-spaced gradient.
- When you make houses, feel free to add some of the detailing around the house, most importantly foliage (which will make the exterior seem less plain if done right) and putting tall grass around, but also stuff like clotheslines, wheelbarrows, etc. Unless it infringes on other plots or the build leader has said not to.

House 3:
- Vines are a lil patchy, try to use them in slightly larger and "continuous" strands going up the house. Also, make sure the vines connect to ground, since they grow using nutrients from the dirt. I changed one of the patches on the house and left a note block over it to show how I would have done it.

The other houses look great! I'll take a look at some of the others later.

*Whispers* Build at White Harbor next :D

DylanLovesYouJP

Faith Militant
That's awesome! Thank you so much for the feedback, I'll make those changes shortly :)

Is there anywhere specific in White Harbor I should build? I'd love to take on one of those houses :)

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
There's a tanner area with plots just north of the Wolf's Den, make sure to research whatever the purpose of the plot is first. There are also some assorted small houses and sheds in the rest of WHSprawl.