Build #1:
Warp: knott
Coordinates: -352 / 60 / -14353
House: Hunter

Last edited:

Dyka

Mummer
Build #4:
Warp: holyhallbridge (On the other side of the bridge)
Coordinates: -4390 / 42 / 17640
House: Farmer

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Hey Dyka, I'll be taking you under as my probie. I won't be posting my usual probation leader speel but, I suggest you still take a look at my other former probie's thread to see it. I want to notify you with caution that I'm unsure how my schedule will look these upcoming weeks so I don't want to make any false promises I can't keep. So, sorry If I'm not around much to assist you with any questions/builds. I will look over as many of these homes I can tonight.

Dyka

Mummer
Thank you Otty!
No problem for the assistance, I think I can always ask other builders if I have any questions. And I will have your feedback on melons and on the forum.
I did read "the post you always post", even before I knew you were my leader.

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
House 1 - Knott

I typically do not like critiquing approved houses, as I do not know what changes may have been made by the project lead, and that it, in general, represents someone's standard be it mine or not.

However, the house is overall OK. I honestly can't note anything wrong other than that you over-filled your home with a lot of decorative items. Less is more in terms of interiors. So I would cut down what you have in this home in half — Fewer crates, fewer things hanging from the ceiling, etc. Please do not go into an approved house and make changes unless permission is given by the lead.

House 2 - Hgtown

Again approved.

-Again a lot of unnecessary amounts of food hanging. While middle class, I still always suggest that you minimalize the amount of food present in a house.

-No clear glass jars in middle-class houses, even for such a nice town I'd say avoid doing it unless justified.

-The ladder would have made it extremely difficult to get those large crates and barrels up it. ALWAYS opt for stairs for an attic whenever possible, or fill it only with objects feasible to be carried up with a ladder.

-Please do not fill rooms with clutter for the sake of filling them with clutter. The attic is an example of that. Please be considerate with what you place into rooms. Remember to always think about how'd they be utilized and why during that time period. Would a middle-class person be able to afford all these glass vases? Would a middle class have so much clutter to fill their attic with it? Would a middle-class saddler have all these hanging herbs in their house? Always think about the reality of their life and try to incorporate it into your design.

Dyka

Mummer
Hi Otty,

Unfortunately I won’t be able to play all that much during the next weeks, so I will have to put the probation on hold. If needed, I will reapply in the future.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Do not fear, I will vouch for you to not need to reapply. As long as you appear within a reasonable time, we will continue with your probation as normal. Depending on the time away you may need to restart with the month, or where you left off (3 weeks left).

Reactions: thecoddfish