Completed Probation:Batelgause

Hello Batelgause, congrats and welcome to the team! I’ll be your probation leader for the following weeks :D.

You know the gist, you need to do at least 5 houses in 5 different styles, you can build as many as you want after that.

When you post your builds here on the forums please post the following information:
  1. Build number.
  2. /warp ****
  3. Coordinates xx/yy/zz
I’ll try and feedback your houses in-game with you as much as I can. My time is GMT, I’ll probably be more active during the weekends. Here's this guide for more information: New Builder's Guide . Any other questions you can always contact me through forum direct messages or on discord!

The probation period is usually a month, but if I deem you’re not ready I’ll extend the time, don’t be afraid to make mistakes, mistakes are always important regardless if you are a probie or a mod, but, if there’s any better time to make mistakes it’s during probation! And while building you can and should ask for help from other builders, hear their explanations, look at their examples and ways of doing things. But don’t let them build and step in your place, the purpose is not to make state-of-the-art pieces with the highest standard, it’s for you to learn and improve, that only happens if you do it yourself.

But above all else, have fun and engage in the community :D!! And good luck :)

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
Probation Build 5# - 6# they are next to each other one storage building and one low class house

/warp oatown

Coordinate:7852/47/4883

Reactions: zac
Reviewed houses: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 and #7

-FB on yard layout, organizing crop/animal/domestic spaces in a yard
-FB on gradients more specifically in path gradients
-FB on crop patch shapes, crop patches should follow a reasonable orientation (parallel or perpendicular to the house) and have a mostly geometric square or rectangle shape
-FB on wattle fences, wattle fences should be orderly but organic, in case of block elevation the elevation should be gradual, detailing with leaves
-FB on interior layout
-FB on interior detailing, rural low class houses should be more rudimentary with less intricate furniture
-FB on minor details and designs
-FB on overhang supports when its larger than 1 block out
-FB on low class ground floor pavement, no stone blocks on the floor only dirt gravel and detailing blocks like pebbles and pine needles
-FB on unsupported stone ceilings
-FB on separation of work and living space, no domestic areas in a workshop/shop
-FB on decorative custom domestic blocks, reducing the use of kitchen and drawer blocks in lower class houses

Already seeing big improvements!! Great job :D

Reactions: zac and Batelgause
Reviewed houses: #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

-FB on interior details, baskets and crates should be closed for the majority
-When having open fire have a smoke hole that opens to the exterior
-FB on not overusing furniture blocks and finding diy designs for tables, storage etc
-FB on minor gradient details
-FB on door stone encasings
-FB on roof designs
-FB on yard organization, and details
-FB on house proportions
-FB on storage management, valuable items shouldn't be stored in a yard, either in a dedicated shed or in the house

Good job!!

Reactions: Batelgause and zac