Probation: AeksioOndos

_Benja

Street Preacher
Hey Aerio! I would love to take you up on your probation :D

During your 1 month probation period I ask that you build 5 houses (in preferably different styles). It is required that you post the nearest warp to the build and the coordinates of the build. If you have any questions regarding any of this process, please feel free to send me a message through forums or mail me in game =)

And remember... My approval is different from the project leads approval... It is still required that you fix any feedback they give you!

Have fun,

Benja :)

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Thanks _Benja. I've got my eye on a particular building in Erenfordham1 but haven't been able to start because of still being guest status. Should I contact a mod now or wait till one is online?

_Benja

Street Preacher
If you happen to catch a mod in game, please ping them to promote you to [N]Builder. I'll be sure to ask as well if I see one

Reactions: AerioOndos

_Benja

Street Preacher
So I don't know if you got the attention for a mod or not, but I have seen in-game that you are promoted to New Builder. Congratulations! Have fun building :)

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I've almost finished the yard in erenfordham1. I will post co-ords next time i get on which should be tonight. I've had alot of fun already, structuring the yard. I just can't wait till I finish the small building.:D

Reactions: _Benja

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
The small interior was quite a challenge. XYZ -788.331/35.00000/4507.139. The nearest warp is erenfordham1

_Benja

Street Preacher
Looks good! I only have a few pointers:

Interiors:

- I would add a closed basket slab to the top of the oven to show that they might have some food storage, whether it be a minimal amount or not, it's just a small bit of detail

- I would replace that grain bag that's being used as a dining chair for a dark/light thatch slab as the grain bag looks a little odd being used as seating

- My biggest thing I have to point out is the bedroom area: I feel like the way the beds are stacked are very irregular, a way you can fix this is to simply convert the two singular beds to a bunkbed and dropping the loft area down a block or so. I will leave an example on my plot to show you what I mean by that if you find yourself needing some guidance. *On the bottom floor near my name*

- To add onto the note above: /warp ikea is a good place to see some good bedroom examples (bunkbeds etc)

Exteriors:

I have very minimal concerns as far as your exteriors, a few pointers I may make, however, are:

- I would switch the wooden slabs above the log storage, they look pretty bulky. Some alternatives for this are: Wooden Carpet (Which can be found in your vanilla mc inventory, under decoration blocks), spruce wood carpet, or dark thatch carpet.

- To add a little more to the clothing rack, you could add a dry/full water barrel to show the clothes being washed.

Good job! I look forward to seeing the rest of your builds :)

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Looks good! I only have a few pointers:

Interiors:

- I would switch the wooden slabs above the log storage, they look pretty bulky. Some alternatives for this are: Wooden Carpet (Which can be found in your vanilla mc inventory, under decoration blocks), spruce wood carpet, or dark thatch carpet.

- To add a little more to the clothing rack, you could add a dry/full water barrel to show the clothes being washed.

Good job! I look forward to seeing the rest of your builds :)

Thanks for the feedback. There is a reason there is no water barrel. my reasoning is that those in the cottage would wash the clothes in the river. hence why there is a basket and bundle of dirty clothing by the river

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Next house is in progress at rollingford just turn around from the warp and its there. XYZ 1579.807/39.49391/12722790

_Benja

Street Preacher
Thanks for the feedback. There is a reason there is no water barrel. my reasoning is that those in the cottage would wash the clothes in the river. hence why there is a basket and bundle of dirty clothing by the river
Very good point!!!

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
though i did put it a trough
finished the rollingford house
also, third house is complete at lht XYZ:-8367.486/62.56903/17586.700
beginning on a tent in Mance's camp XYZ: -1494.366/43.53620/-20571.276

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
wullham7house in progress
mance's camp tent finished

So thats
1:Erenford hamlet 1 farmer lowclass
2: Rollingford woodcutter lowclass
3:Lord Hewett's Town farmer lowclass
4: Mance's Camp tent
5: Wull Hamlet 7 hunter lowclass

needs a bit more variety

Last edited:

_Benja

Street Preacher
Rollingford House:

Good work! I only have 2 notes:

- Lower the herb bundle so that the household can reach it (somewhere closer to the kitchen, maybe)

- I would replace the wooden doors that are bed dividers with wattle fence.

Good job on this one!!!

_Benja

Street Preacher
LHT House:

Good job on this! I especially love the flow of the garden X)! I do, however, echo the concerns of the project lead (who left melons at the house) and I agree with the proposed changes =)

Also, the structure of the bed divider is a bit awkward, I would try fixing that cabinet and making it even, or substituting that for a wattle fence.

Very nice job!

_Benja

Street Preacher
Mance's Camp:

Very nice! Only one thing:

- There's a patch of fur showing on the back of the tent. Once you fix that, you're all set!

_Benja

Street Preacher
Wull Hamlet:

Very good work! Angled houses can be difficult and this was executed nicely!! I have no further feedback unless Cash has any pointers he'd like to make.

Good work!

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
- Lower the herb bundle so that the household can reach it (somewhere closer to the kitchen, maybe)

this bundle of herbs is meant to be fleabane, something which Enah mentioned when I was still applying. I'll still lower it because I dont think it would be too effective so high

Reactions: _Benja