Prisinorzero Builder Application

Prisinorzero

Messenger

UK

Not sure, been lurking on this server since around 2013 and have applied for builder once but real life happened and I didn't finish the app process.

Tolkien, Prachett, Wheel of time, anything sanderson, the dark tower, Martins other weird books like the southern vampire one and the space biologist, malazan, dune, HG wells, philip K dick, etc

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords
Feast for Crows
Dance of Dragons

All of the above

Ma boi sweet robyn! The winged night reborn! Second would probably be Sam because who doesn't love a sidekick called sam, I mean he killed a white walker and rescued a mother and her child, he is the hero we deserve.

I love adding lots of details to my builds which help build up a backstory of the people. I also love a lot of the terraforming and nature builds as thats pretty much what I do as a job

I've lurked on this server for so long I feel like I should give back and would love to leave my mark on this server. Also you guys are awesome and I'd love to be part of this community

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Approved by Emotione11 on Jun 10, 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Prisinorzero,

Happy to see you finally applying! My apologies for the delay in response, we've been swamped with apps recently.

Anyways, your house here is very very good, you've followed the style to a tee so I don't really have any major feedback to give. Hopefully this app should be short and sweet.

For a challenge build, please make a tavern in the style of /warp whiteharbor. Feel free to ask if you have any questions, etc., I think you know the drill. Good luck!

-Emote

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Prisonorzero,

This is a very well-done tavern! I'm impressed that you've decided to go for such an ambitious layout too. I have a little bit of feedback but nothing major:

- Although I again commend you for trying to do a curved plot, which is rather difficult, I don't think the diagonal part works in this case. It looks a little strange with it being flat, then suddenly 45 degrees, then suddenly flat again. Plus, the full block windows are pretty much never used (except in rare cases, like this type of corner window), since they look weird being flush with the wall. I would recommend trying something like this instead, but you might have to rework the window and entrance.

- I'm not really sure about this long room here. The proportions feel a bit off.

- You can use the reach light brick stairs instead of white harbor stairs in the back here, it matches the hue of the light stone.

Anyways, for a tentative final challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp fairmarket. The style there is a bit more complex, so be sure to take your time and ask if you have any questions. I doubt you'll have any trouble with it though. Good luck!

Reactions: nubcaker

Prisinorzero

Messenger
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you mentioned the layout of that sideroom as it was bugging me for ages, heres my rework of it2019-06-07_14.46.28.png

Anyway for the main challenge I built a fairmarket mercery, I really enjoyed the fairmarket style, love how the different facades can be so different with the different coloured woods and wattle just it still has a very cohesive style Hope you like it xx

Reactions: HalfCat

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Prisinorzero,

Awesome work on the new house! I don't really have much feedback to give at all. The daub & wattle pattern turned out very good, so evidently your struggle paid off. Just a couple minor things:

- The two-story space in the main store seems quite spacious, I might suggest replanning that a bit or at least using low rafters (sometimes I like doing rafters with a bit of storage on top, like a handful of baskets and a cobweb) to fill the vertical space.

- I spot a workbench block with multiple sides exposed here, make sure to cover all sides but one somehow (with half doors or other furniture), as it doesn't make sense for it to have cabinets on more than one side.

Anyways, consider yourself approved!

The next step is to contact a mod in-game to promote you to New Builder. Please make sure to read the New Builder guide here: http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_guide
And also make a probation thread in the probation forum. You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find these at /warp build, although it's sometimes outdated, so I would also recommend just asking people in-game and checking the forums for recent project happenings.

Please do note that there's limited places to build right now (unfortunately we've had an influx of new builders, but no such influx of projects), but we're working very hard to get more places open asap. So you may need to be patient, but you should definitely have no trouble fulfilling the probie houses (you can also freely build at /warp playground in test).

In any case, a probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so and continue to give you constructive feedback on your houses for the next month (and help be your entrypoint into the server community in general), although as sometimes the probie leaders are busy IRL, I would also encourage you to seek feedback from project leaders and other builders/mods. At the end, you'll be made full builder assuming everything goes smoothly.

Welcome to the team, I look forward to building with you! :D

Reactions: thecoddfish

Prisinorzero

Messenger
Thanks emote :D
I didn't even notice that cabinet, I've made sure to only leave one exposed side but that one must have slipped past me