Launcher refusing to launch MC, and another issue.

lobsterc97

Mummer
I noticed while trying to get the launcher to actually function (It really shouldn't be this painful...) That one of the threads that is supposed to help us is gone and it's really hard to fix it when the troubleshooting wiki is not up to date
This thread talks about how to remove old versions of java according to the Troubleshooting guide (Mods and people with permission can probably see this thread) t
http://www.westeroscraft.com/forum/...t-launch-my-minecraft/post/94799631#p94799631

My issue is the same as everyone right now,
"Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap"

Can I please get listed every possible way to fix this? I own 16 gbs of RAM, 64 bit Java (version 8 161), I already tried seeing if i could uninstall previous versions of Java but there is none to uninstall.

Need help, came to explore and be apart of the community...and is still interested, just frustrated.

lobsterc97

Mummer
you need to set the ram to 2k min 3k max, it's a common glitch.
"Too small initial heap", set it to exactly what you said and the launcher still doesn't want to open

also have noticed this [02:08:15.779] No MD5 for ConfigFile: /options.txt

Last edited:

Dan_Prime

Emissary
You haven't posted a log, so I can't tell you exactly what's wrong. My guess is that you have 64-bit java installed but did not update the Java path under the settings menu. For information on how to do that, please refer to our Troubleshooting Guide (http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_Guide), specifically the section titled "I've installed the 64bit version, but the launcher is still not working!"

If, for whatever reason, you still cannot get it to work note that we will be having alpha tests for the New Launcher probably by the weekend.

Reactions: lobsterc97

Gugge

Mummer
Im having the same problem as Lobster with the launcher. I have already tried everything the guide says and it still wont work. Have i overlooked anything?

Gugge

Mummer
The dowland that the guide recomends (Windows 64x offline) is not on the oracle website. Can i download it from somwhere else.
upload_2018-7-20_17-48-0.png