Launcher issue

tyler45455

Mummer
The launcher is getting stuck on extracting java i let it sit all day and it just wont install the version of java it says i need.

tyler45455

Mummer
i even manually installed the most recent version of java 8 and pointed to the javaw.exe in settings and it still says no valid version of java found

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Can you give me the log output? ctrl + shift + i and then copy the contents in the console to a pastebin

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Try a soft reset. Hit the windows button + r, type '%appdata% and remove the .westeroscraft folder. If you have previously made any screenshots or worlds, copy those first.

Alternatively (or additionally), try to go to the oracle website and download Java manually. Make sure you get the x64 version.

hugocomet

Mummer
I have the same problem. Trying to resolve the issue I've installed 3 different java versions, the latest one and other two v8. With no one of them the launcher is working, and when I tell to the launcher to install java it gets stuck extracting for hours. Any help please?

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Wait for what? You need to follow these four simple steps I told you, otherwise I cannot help you. Export the log file and attach it to your next post or use pastebin.com

hugocomet

Mummer
Launcher Version: v1.6
Issue: The launcher doesn't recognise any java version and when it tries to install one it keeps exporting for hours.
Explanation: The launcher doesn't recognise any java version nad when it tries to install one it keeps exporting for hours. I've already tried with different java versions and chose the javaw.exe file and it deoesn't work anyways.

C:\Program Files\WesterosCraft Launcher\resources\app.asar\app\assets\js\loggerutil.js:9 [Preloader] Loading..
C:\Program Files\WesterosCraft Launcher\resources\app.asar\app\assets\js\loggerutil.js:9 [ConfigManager] Successfully Loaded
C:\Program Files\WesterosCraft Launcher\resources\app.asar\app\assets\js\loggerutil.js:9 [Preloader] Cleaned natives directory.
C:\Program Files\WesterosCraft Launcher\resources\app.asar\app\assets\js\loggerutil.js:9 [Landing] Refreshing Mojang Statuses..
C:\Program Files\WesterosCraft Launcher\resources\app.asar\app\assets\js\loggerutil.js:9 [UICore] UICore Initializing..
C:\Program Files\WesterosCraft Launcher\resources\app.asar\app\assets\js\loggerutil.js:9 [Preloader] Loaded distribution index.
C:\Program Files\WesterosCraft Launcher\resources\app.asar\app\assets\js\loggerutil.js:9 [AutoUpdater] Initializing..
C:\Program Files\WesterosCraft Launcher\resources\app.asar\app\assets\js\loggerutil.js:9 [Landing] Refreshing Server Status
C:\Program Files\WesterosCraft Launcher\resources\app.asar\app\assets\js\loggerutil.js:9 [AutoUpdater] Checking for update..
C:\Program Files\WesterosCraft Launcher\resources\app.asar\app\assets\js\loggerutil.js:9 [AuthManager] Account access token validated.
C:\Program Files\WesterosCraft Launcher\resources\app.asar\app\assets\js\loggerutil.js:9 [AutoUpdater] No new update found.
uicore.js:29 The console is dark and full of terrors.
uicore.js:30 If you've been told to paste something here, you're being scammed.
uicore.js:31 Unless you know exactly what you're doing, close this window.

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
java1.png
java2.png

1. Please take a screenshot of the screen you see in the second image (the Java Settings tab).
2. Please go back to our last step, the log file. Open the launcher, open the console (ctrl + shift + i), click PLAY, then watch it do its thing. When it's done and not writing anything new to the console, copy the console contents to a pastebin.com and share it with me.

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
You've linked the launcher to a Java Development Kit, not a Runtime exe.

Go to https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and download the correct version, or simply click here (direct link to DL).

After installation, set the launcher's Java Executable path to where you've installed the jre. You can see how it usually looks in that screenshot i posted yesterday.