Pronouns
she/her
What is your Minecraft username?
roisinmaglione

What is your age?
13-16

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
Perhaps my favorite thing about A Song of Ice and Fire is The Known World. The gritty nature of Westeros and Essos, the mysterious lands of Sothoryos, the light--but powerful--magic system. I adore the contrast of such dark creatures paired with a beautiful world, and the realism of the castles places you right in them. Early Game of Thrones also did a lovely job, for the most part, at adapting this pure perfection. I could praise Martin's imagination for days.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Winterfell as I find such rich beauty in it. From its grand size to its little treasures, and the enchanting godswood. It's a castle I would kill to live in.

Why do you want to join our server?
I would love to join the server because ever since I began playing Minecraft, some eight years ago, my favorite thing to do was build. I would love to pair that with my favorite series of all time, A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones. I have done extensive research on book canon buildings and cities throughout The Known World, and bringing them to life is something I strive for.

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow1-min.png2-min.png3-min.png4-min.png5-min.png6-min.png7-min.png8-min.png

Last edited:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Kissed by Fire, thanks for your application (and those nice shader pics).

Well done with replicating the application house. As I hope you can tell ,we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into every single building on the server. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles and will give you the core skills to join the team.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next.

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp tarbeck and share screenshots of it in this thread.

Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Tarbeck town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

I might also suggest finding another biome in your singleplayer world with fewer trees so you can get some less obstructed screenshots of the house.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the Tarbeck style.

Good luck!

Reactions: Kissed by Fire

Kissed by Fire

Mummer
Pronouns
she/her
Hello!

I apologize for responding so late, I was on a week-long cruise and had no access to my computer. I’m returning home today and am exciting to get back and start working on my next build. I hope to have it done no later than a few days time.

Thank you, Kissed by Fire

Kissed by Fire

Mummer
Pronouns
she/her
First challenge build: Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp tarbeck.

Note: As I worked on this build in a superflat world, I am aware of the incomplete terrain around the house. If need be, I will go back and add it in its entirety, but I figured that wouldn't be necessary, and just adding a yard around the house would be acceptable.
2023-01-27_12.29.13.png2023-01-27_12.29.56.png2023-01-27_12.30.08.png2023-01-27_12.30.20.png2023-01-27_12.30.32.png2023-01-27_12.30.55.png2023-01-27_12.30.44.png2023-01-27_12.31.18.png2023-01-27_12.31.08.png

Reactions: Die Wursttheke

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey KissedbyFire,
Great work with this Tarbeck house.

On the whole you've done a nice job, the shape, look and feel of the house is largely consistent with the Tarbeck style and I like the attention to the small details like adding the horizontal rope to the clothesline.

My only small note would be about adjusting the shape/size of the yard so there's room to include those crops (keeping the walls fairly straight/square to avoide "bubble yards").

Otherwise everything else is looking really good.

For your next challenge, please build a middle class professional house in the White Harbor style of /warp gullsgate (the general style in the sprawl outside the main city walls). Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor and residence upstairs, take a look at the styleguide at the /warp oldstyleguides and the finished houses in the White Harbor area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in White Harbor (e.g. carpenter/cooper/blacksmith/boat builder, netmaker etc).

Would be great if you noted in the post which profession you go with too.

Thanks again and good luck.

Reactions: Kissed by Fire