javiv Builder Application

javiv

Storyteller

Argentina

I first came across Westeroscraft when I was looking for videos of ASOIAF-related builds on YouTube since I had been working on a version of the Red Keep and Winterfell on The Sims 4. I immediately became obsessed with Westeroscraft Walks and soon after that got Minecraft and joined the server. I have been a guest on WC for about three months now.

Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, The Witcher, and lots of other videogames set in a medieval high-fantasy worlds.

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords
Feast for Crows
Dance of Dragons

All of the above

It's extremely difficult for me to pick just one... I guess all strong female characters appeal to me just as much. First, there's Daenerys, of course, since she has endured so many things and there's still so much more she's gonna have to go through... I like Arya and Sansa pretty much for the same reason. Margaery Tyrell since she's so smart and in-charge. Cersei because she's such soulless brat. Lady Stoneheart and Meera Reed as well...

I am a fast learner with a keen eye for detail and won't stop working on something until it's 100% complete and perfect... I also have a decent amount of free time at the moment, which could come in handy...

I have been building castles on The Sims for years but there are so many limitations in that game that it is impossible to build a realistic castle, so I feel that this is my chance to start building on a new platform in a world I love and with freaking awesome builders from whom I'll learn lots!

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SeapunkPeaches

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Hi Javiv! Thanks for your application, and I have to say well done with your first build! This really is beautifully done. I really don't have any feedback at all for it; this build would fit beautifully into the region!

For your first challenge build, I'd like you to build a high class tailor's house in the style of /warp whiteharbour. This building should have a shop and workshop on the ground floor, with living quarters and storage above.

Good Luck!

javiv

Storyteller
Thank you so much, Arkil. I will start working on my next build right away. I'll get back to you when it's done.

Jav

Reactions: Arkilstorm

javiv

Storyteller
Hey, Ark! So, after working on it for a while, here is my build! I really enjoyed building it! I drew inspiration from the Woolworkers' Guild mainly as well as from the other surrounding houses.

Thanks!

Arkilstorm

Staff member
Hi Javiv.

Beautifully done again!

- The house is a really lovely one, and you’ve made great job at the interiors as well as the outside.

- My only real query would be that the fire in the kitchen seems a little grand, but other than that I don’t think there’s much else to say.

- Lovely addition of the dark northern wood blocks for flooring. I’d suggest keeping the spruce in the attic though for the roof support.

For your next challenge, please build a mid-class chandler in the style of /warp woodwright. These are the houses with slate roofs and daub & wattle upper stories. You’re welcome to add a stall if you imagine your house to be on the market hall square.

Good luck!

javiv

Storyteller
Hey Arkil, thanks again for your time and feedback! I totally agree with you... That fireplace in the kitchen is too big compared with everything else in the house. I'll keep that in mind for future builds.

I have already been working on a mid-class Woodwright house! I'll modify it so as to have a chandler living in it and i'll upload the challenge!

Arkilstorm

Staff member
Beautifully done again Jav!

No qualms at all with this. Perfect example of a Woodwright house if I do say so myself!

One more challenge build; this time, please do a middle-class baker in the style of /warp fairmarket please! These houses are some of the most difficult on the server, with a lot of detail and structural research going into their design! Best of luck!

Reactions: javiv

javiv

Storyteller
Hi Ark! Hope you're doing well! :) After a lot of warping to FM and its style guide, building, demolishing and building again, here is my middle class baker!

It was a lot harder than the previous three builds, but I'm happy with the result. There is a corner (you can see in picture 19) that looks a bit weird and I tried a bunch of things to fix it but I'm still not totally sold D:

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Arkilstorm

Staff member
Hey Jav, another wonderful build!

I really like the twist you put on the FM house with the facade not being a typical frontage, but with the additional side balcony; nicely done!

My only issue would be that the front door should be flush with the outer wall, as is a feature of FM houses, but other than that, you've aced it!

I'm more than happy to welcome you to the team as a probationary builder! Congratulations! Give me a poke in game, or any other Mod and we'll promote you up from guest. Please start a thread for yourself over in the probation sub-forum; Dragons will be your probation leader for the next month, where you can post the co-ordinates and warps of all builds you do until this time next month!

Thanks!

javiv

Storyteller
Wow! :D Thanks for this opportunity, Ark! I just wanna say that despite the fact this is a game, I take building for you guys very seriously and will be doing my best!