JamieNotLanister Builder Application

JamieNotLanister

Mummer

Germany

YouTube( I searched for a Game Of Thrones Mod and found the WesterosCraft Channel)

No

All of the above

Arya Stark, because she's badass. XD

I love building medival stuff in Mc and I think im pretty good at it.

I like Minecraft and I like Game of Thrones and I think it would be pretty fun to build on this amazing Map.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Hi Jamie

Thanks for your application! Your application build is an interesting one, but we do ask that all applicants build a house that would fit our server. This usually means looking at existing projects on the server and building a house in a style of ours that you like. Your submission is quite clearly an Inn, and doesn’t particularly fit any of our existing styles, which makes it difficult for me to give feedback, as there are issues with the building that wouldn’t be acceptable on our server. I will try my best to give a handful of pieces of advice that may be useful to you.

- Glass in the medieval times was incredibly expensive, and was reserved for nobility, the church, or the very wealthy. Full plate glass windows were incredibly rare, and should be avoided.

- Your building shows no display of a working palette, predominantly in the stonework. You’ve used a single block type for the entirety of the foundations, rather than a complimentary mix of blocks, in order to give more detail or a weathering effect.

- Your interiors use vanilla blocks for furnishings, despite the fact our texture pack gives you four or five different chair options, numerous tables and benches, as well as lighting options. You are also using red lanterns, which are reserved for brothels to light the interior, and candles stuck on the walls. The layout of your interior is also very unrealistic of a real medieval tavern.

- Your ceiling has no supporting rafters, meaning no support for the floor above.

- The entire upper floor doesn’t make any sense. Structurally, or furniture-wise. Your fireplace is in-front of a glass window, and has no chimney, meaning there is no way to exhaust the smoke, and is sandwiched between two oak stumps. There is also part of a tree in the corner of the room with a pickaxe in it?

I’d certainly recommend you take a look around the server before submitting your next build. I’m going to ask you please build a middle-class house in the style of King’s Landing. Once you have completed the build, please submit an album of the images in this thread for further feedback.

Good Luck!