Completed House Norridge of Whitegrove by Ammika and Margaery

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron

I am appealing for House Norridge of Whitegrove to be exempted from the No-Redo Rule per clause 1(c) - Abandoned Build Clause: If a build is incomplete and filed under the project orphanage as an abandoned build, it may be allowed to be redone.

We are appealing for a redo rather than an update as it would allow us better standards to this project and to better fit with the builds around it. However, we are planning on keeping the major layout and structures that were already built/planned and create modernized interpretations of the plans.

We already have our application ready:

Direct Link to Application

Last edited:

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
I haven't visited Norridge for a while (and can't now I keep crashing upon login), I remember the project to be quite up-to-date. Although it's true the project is unfinished as a whole, the area around the castle is finished and of quite high quality (again, stated from memory).

I propose to exclude the finished area of the castle with its hamlet from the rest of this redo, while focussing the efforts of the project to the locations wgseptry, norridgeapiary, nvhamlet1, nvhamlet2, nvhamlet 3 and the remaining empty space between the surrounding projects, possibly turning the existing castle into the ancestral seat of house Norridge, while giving your own spin to a new Whitewalls.

Again, I can't verify my own claims since I am not able to login but I remember the project fondly.

SeapunkPeaches

Cersei's Left Bob
I agree with Stoop - imo, the castle only needs a small overhaul of some outdated details, a better gradient and the interiors.
I havent thoroughly studied the app, but something I can think of right now would be to make the Norridge mansion have a more "Mander manse" feel to it, something closer to the ones in Highgarden and around it.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Atm I'm only speaking from my own argumentation so Ammika may have additional comments to make

I haven't visited Norridge for a while (and can't now I keep crashing upon login), I remember the project to be quite up-to-date. Although it's true the project is unfinished as a whole, the area around the castle is finished and of quite high quality (again, stated from memory).

I propose to exclude the finished area of the castle with its hamlet from the rest of this redo, while focussing the efforts of the project to the locations wgseptry, norridgeapiary, nvhamlet1, nvhamlet2, nvhamlet 3 and the remaining empty space between the surrounding projects, possibly turning the existing castle into the ancestral seat of house Norridge, while giving your own spin to a new Whitewalls.

Again, I can't verify my own claims since I am not able to login but I remember the project fondly.

We don't plan on completely nuking the castle and town, we like quite a lot about the WG town and environs such as the fields, coppage, plant choice, pastures, and general layout of the castle and town. However aspects such as the overhangs in the houses in the project are an outdated aspect from earlier era projects and Id also like to add finer details like mud trails in the market square and additions of the new white wood block set.

For the castle and its immediate environs its more of a "heavy update" than a complete redo with aspects such as the walls, pallete and towers receiving facelifts and the interiors being looked over and added in detail which is why our pictures of tests for the castle are less a complete castle and more of aspects to be added unto the current structure, but generally it will be recognizable from its current incarnation.

However we opted for applying for the redo rule rather than an update or foster to allow ourselves greater creative liberty in regards to the project

but something I can think of right now would be to make the Norridge mansion have a more "Mander manse" feel to it, something closer to the ones in Highgarden and around it.

That's precisely what we had in mind :p In the app theres a test for a "manor" which is what we plan for the Norridge vassal in the north west area in Norridge that we intend to serve as the original seat of House Norridge

What’s the argument for this:
“The vegetation work will be more subtle and with more muted color palettes than those present in the Tyrell lands.” ?

I mean the environmental conditions that affect growth of plants a very likely identical. I don’t see how or why the naturally occurring fauna would need to be muted.

Its more of a stylistic choice since we wanted there to be a transition from from the bright and colorful flora of Highgarden to more of an emphasis on blues, whites and greens in Whitegrove (especially greens)

Enah

Skinchanger
I hope to see the peasants be peasanty, they need to be making enough food for themselves and just enough food and some minor products/resources to send into hg. no rich peasants or merchants here, all of those would have gone to hg where the money flows free

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
I hope to see the peasants be peasanty, they need to be making enough food for themselves and just enough food and some minor products/resources to send into hg. no rich peasants or merchants here, all of those would have gone to hg where the money flows free

Yep that's the plan, the immediate area around settlements will be veggies and mostly barley with some wheat (WG's main settlement outside the castle is sufficient cropland for its purposes so no need to add more) and outside of them itd be meadows,stands of trees and forest with the occasional lonely house and or minor plantation

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Are you planning anything for the lake?

Nothing too radical, I like the irregular shape of the lake, the small islets in the lake, I'm probably just gonna continue on with the work that was left, incorporate some of the things I've seen at Red Lake and coordinate with Seri with what to do with Starpike's portion of the lake

• Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley