Approved House Long - Finn

Renly_Baratheon_

Envoy
Pronouns
he/him
This is just a random idea: On the boarder to the swamplands of the neck there could be some sort of "inn" where the people from the neck can trade medicinal herbs and plants that end up at the white harbor hospital. Or maybe people from the swamp travel to long and sell their stuff there.

Finn01

Herald
This is just a random idea: On the boarder to the swamplands of the neck there could be some sort of "inn" where the people from the neck can trade medicinal herbs and plants that end up at the white harbor hospital. Or maybe people from the swamp travel to long and sell their stuff there.
I was thinking there will be something that shows trade with the Neck dwellers like rare herbs/medicines, that will get traded up. Probably at that southern hamlet, and in the village market.

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
My first bit of feedback is about the colouring of the blackhouse ints. Replacing the stormlands pebbles with gravel and making most of the roof spruce stair rafter framing with thatch visible through it would make it a lot browner and earthier. The dark wood is a little bit bluish so feels cooler and less cozy. I still need to have a bit of a ponder on this so need to get back to you with more feedback

Finn01

Herald
My first bit of feedback is about the colouring of the blackhouse ints. Replacing the stormlands pebbles with gravel and making most of the roof spruce stair rafter framing with thatch visible through it would make it a lot browner and earthier. The dark wood is a little bit bluish so feels cooler and less cozy. I still need to have a bit of a ponder on this so need to get back to you with more feedback
2023-02-20_21.18.26.png2023-02-20_21.18.32.png

Made these changes to the ints.

Finn01

Herald
Hello everyone!

I have changed the design of the castle according to feedback off forums, and I have now built a 1:1 test of the upper section of the hillfort at my plot. The lower section will contain some houses and stables.

Attachments

• 2023-04-07_23.20.12.png
    2023-04-07_23.20.12.png
    2 MB · Views: 45
  • 2023-04-07_23.20.20.png
    2023-04-07_23.20.20.png
    2 MB · Views: 44

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Alrighty. I've got experience with working in the North and have helped you out a bit with this project already. I approve of your plans so far, but would like you to not go too hastily with the coastal terra. Let Azul and I see the general plotting out of the coastal forms you add before detailing them

Finn01

Herald
Just a quick update since approval:

The fort is in place, along with the main village. I have also started work on the coast around the village, and am trying to keep some cohesiveness with the current Carc terra that's already present. I built a small passage tomb as well just to the west of the village.

I plan to open the village ints at some point, and also work on the southern hamlet as well. That will include a hf that I will open as a mini. Apart from that, the project is going well (as far as I think lol).

Some pics:
2023-04-30_20.45.48.png2023-04-30_20.46.05.png2023-04-30_20.46.40.png

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Just to let you know I've adjusted the borders to fit around House Long. I am not sure how to draw the border around the green patch around WHHospital so I'll leave it ambiguous for the time being.

Reactions: Finn01

Finn01

Herald
Hey, just a quick update from me.

There are still some ints left if people want to do them - otherwise I'll just do them myself in a few weeks.
There's a smokehouse/boathouse mini also if anyone's interested.

I will work on making the transition between the moors and the forest around the Neck a bit better too - I spoke to Azul about this a while ago iirc - right now its just some conifers that just abruptly stop - I might also add a trail leading into these woods that crannogmen use to get to Long.plan.png

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Adding a few copses of trees might be nice. Even some hardy stuff that could be useful for kindling like Juniper or hawthorn. Only a few blocks high.

Definitely approve of the paths idea. Having them disappear into the bog would be v cool.

If I was around I'd volunteer for the smokehouse boathouse but alas, not for a while

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Hey Hey! I've looked through the project with Azul and we've got a few notes on things to fix up. Some things on the beach near the castle and some details about the smaller hamlet.
Otherwise, could you remove the path blocks from the little road that leads into the neck? the shadows on them make it really weird and you can still make out the path easily if there weren't any. Could you also have a look into adding some shovels or other tools to the peat cutting area with the cart? Or are the tools packed up?
Have you got the Wiki page sorted yet?

After those things are covered, we'll be fine to give Long a tick for post approval.

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
To add upon the points Aeks has mentioned I also left a few notes, everything pretty minor. They are around the castle and the southern ham, as well as the barrow. They should be pretty easy to spot and pretty quick to address. Also, make sure to check the eastern border, there the biome transition with The Neck must be fixed. Once all this is solved I will be happy to post-approve too! (and don't forget the wiki hehehe).​