Completed House Hunt Revival by Cal_v11

cal_v11

Mummer
Now that I'm back, I guess I'm reapplying for my project.
Castle, tower and house tests I plan to remain as is, so /warp hunt takes you right there
The lands were left unfinished, so here is a map of what I plan to do.
The borders are a bit hazy because I'm not sure exactly where Woodwright/Hornhill lands should end. House Hunt is a vassal to the House Tarly, but Hutcheson is right in between us and is not a vassal to Tarly. Also, Hutcheson disappeared from the last time I was on, so I'll work on giving whoever takes it up a decent border to work with. This is a large project with a lot of land to be developed(Its a puzzle piece project, connecting others), and the terraforming is rather particular . Its important for the land to mesh well so I plan on getting E-lite again to work on the land.
Thanks,
cv11Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 11.24.08 PM.png
Edit: I also need to work with the development of Hammerhal, another project thats been redone in my time off :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: _Benja

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
How about you expand to the south? There is is a valley below that large forest that you're planning. That could house a remote-ish lumber camp or some mines which supply Oldtown with ore via that stream there?

I'd make it mostly forested and not very agricultural tho. But that could be a nice extension to your plans, especially since woodwright took that valley to the north.

On the old woodwright thread we also discussed that the road coming up the mountains from woodwright town would be one of THE best spots to transition cargo from the mander onto barges in the honeywine at huddlestone or lymansferry. Hunt doesn't get too much out of that traffic unless they were to add a toll-barrier at that small T crossing in the north west of their lands. :D Just something to take into account!

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy_Jones

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
Hey cal, I'd be happy with you finishing these beautiful lands.
We agreed ingame on some points:
  • The lake is as small as possible in the valley it fills.
  • You work on the southern valley like Tham proposed above. You add a few more streams and make it look realistic like at Hornhill or Redfort, but only need to work to somewhere north of /warp ulh3. A nice pine forest on the hills transforming into a leaf one in the valley (like on Hunts side) would be great. You might consider putting a few houses (hunter, woodcutter) here and connect a them via a small path to the warps ulh3 and HuntHoldFast.
  • You consider changing the terrainset mix since the Reach terrainset was changed. You can decide what you prefer.
  • You rework/update the 5 wide hedges to look more natural with actual bushes and small trees in it, less like an even wall.
  • Please work with Ark on the border towards Woodwright
  • Please mix in a few more of our new forest plants like Ladyfern, nettle or bracken. Also consider adding a little more forest ground details like fallen trees or stumps.
With these points in mind, I approve this app!

Enah

Skinchanger
the castle, village, manor and hf and sunseed are post aapproved, curious what is the thign to the northwest? is it part fo hunt cause it wasn;t there last week D:

Reactions: cal_v11

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry for the late respond mate.
I like the finished project, beautiful lands to wander through. Just a bit of feedback:

-Left a melon at a roof at the castle.

-Just for the record, you did not decide to include the southern valley in your project like Tham and I suggested? Of course you do not have to, still I would have been happy to see this finished as well.

-Like mentioned earlier, no fan of the terrainset mixture, but that is no problem for me.

-The smaller, new lake has a small wooden landing stage. What for? There are no small boats around, and even with the lake usually having more water in it - nice detail - I don't think that a boat would be used to fish here.

-We talked about the hedges ingame, and I asked you that, while you can keep them larger, they should get a bit of a form, not like the shapeless, 3 high and 3 wide walls you have in most areas right now:

2017-12-21_19.39.13.jpg
Consider opening up the hedge in some places, for example at the two locations the paths in the field end at the hedge you could connect them to the main road. This way a person walking around can have a look at them too. Also add a few trees here and there, and reshape the "hedge wall" a bit so it eventually looks like multiple bushes, not one structure:
feldhecken.jpg