Projects:
Farmstead: /warp durwellfarmstead1
Hamlet: /warp Durwellham4
HF: /warp Durwelltown
Coat Of Arms/Sigil
https://imgur.com/yqo95Xr

Cannon stuff (READ THIS):
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Broom
House Broom is a major sworn house to house lannister. They are an anceint line dating back to the first men. Located in the westerlands, just south of falwell, and west of ivyhall.

Its lands cover a good chunk of the by the river (lands shown in map) I plan on having a Castle (For Lord Broom), Villiage, Lumber Camp owned by a landed knight, a Hamlet, with another knight watching over it. There will Be a holdfast on the hill south of the villiage, and a small fishing hamlet with a ferry so we can go across to falwell. The lower questionmark is going to be feilds and the upper left question mark is a Hamlet ruin taken over by a band of outlaws.

Map: https://i.imgur.com/pM5MO7h.png
Update 1 Map: https://imgur.com/rDiTeUt

Farmland: There will be a could farmsteads and small groups of houses all throught the feilds. Will plan feilds a bit later so dont go bangin on my door "YOUR FEILDS NEED PLANNING"

The Lands test are on the second floor of my plot along with layouts for halmets and towens and house tests.
Update On Layout: i redid the town layout its just above the old one :eek:. i took all ur ideas but i still want a villiage sry yall who wanted hamlets. ;)

Castle tests: My Castle Test will be in the playgrounds North and up, above the LHT castle test. (Will have somthing to indicate being Broom Castle)
Layout: How it looks: Inspo:www.castlesandmanorhouses.com/castlesforsale/vigoleno.jpg

House Tests: I Took Ottys style from falwell and changed it up and after a fair bit here yee go.
Low Class D+W thatch: https://imgur.com/uB1hOxL
Wood+Thatch: MiddleClass: Brick+Wood: Brick+Thatch: https://imgur.com/3YBLuJ8

Tera: I plan of cutting the trees a swath of trees in between the Castle and villiage so the lord and gaurds will have a good view over the villiage and will know if attack has hitt. There is a small depression south of where i want to put the villiage, here i plan on rasing this depression. This will result in a more defencible villiage but more confines to where the villiage will span. On the map i put two lines with lines inbetween thats goona be the swath of trees im talking bout :p

Villiage:
amount of houses:
17 houses 1!!! of which is middle class (THE INN)
Profesions: Update 1
Barber
Baker
Carpenter
Blacksmith
Inn/Tavern (in same building) (Middle Class)
Butcher
Talior (just a small one. no velvets and stuff just a clothes repair guy or girl
and a mill

Lumber Villiage
x5 lumberjacks

Fishing:
x4 fishermen

Farm Hamlet A (pond one):
x5 farmers
Farm Hamlet B (South East)
x3
Farm Hamlet c (North East)
X4
Ideas To add
/
Canon foder
I know i have a alot of undesided areas so im gonna add more!!! (these are just ideas, may not be put into the land) Im thinking some watchtowers scatered around our bodders (for sure one in the South East corner and one abandonded in the north west)
Due to their prominice as a sworn house to house lannister i think the town should be more middle class with more lower classes areound the villiage and in smaller hamlets. I also propose thet the castle gets a major size upgrade to show its power!! ( and a cool castle would be rly cool)
Update: I tried somthing new with the castle( i made it bigger): https://imgur.com/X6pYxum
https://imgur.com/lRluLWi
https://imgur.com/eS46KoZ

Hope This will work
GOOD BYE WESTEROS!!!
-Liam
Could I ask for Wazgamer to pick this up. he helped me through the app process ( being this my first project) pls guys pls.

UPDATE #2:

Reacting to your thoughts:
I have come up with a COMPERMISE (means in the middle of two people's ideas (WOW)) anyway so im thinking where the "town is located i switch that into a main villiage with around 9 proffesions (all of wich need to be there) as like a producer, a maker so we have stuff like carpentry and other shit like that then we have other smaller hamlets positioned around the lands (will be maked on map which is right here)
MAP:https://imgur.com/UVPnoOw
The bottom two hamlets I plan on beeing farmer and the top a fisher! The Top right will be the bandit camp i was talking about and yea ill only have one landed knight. farmland will be drasticly increased by adding a part of forest (S.E end covered by the farming area. Hope this fits everyones ideas and is a good enough compermise.
CANNON FODDER:
Im thinking about a brewery at around the main road sign. LORD NEED HIS BEER GUYS!!!

P.S: My plan for the main hamlet is on the second floor of my plot above my first plan if u looked at that before I updated it, it changed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cedo

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
I'd recommend not going for a single town but instead several small farming hamlets. Is there canon for house broom? If so please list all you can find here.

Also, how does broom fit into the larger socio-economic picture of the westerlands and the reach? Being close to the borders of the two?

Reactions: OhThatKidLiam

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Okay ima just run through the app itself first:
  • So for the map It would be good if you could confirm what will go in the "?" areas.
  • It'd be useful to us if you post the awoiaf wiki link for House Broom too, so we know if there is any canon. http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Broom
  • Take your time to look at other apps and see what you should put in them, I can understand that this is your first major project and you want to rush it out, but that may only lead to problems with the projects layout etc later on.
  • You should have pictures of map, layout of keep and any major structures like a townhall or septry, house tests, keep tests.
Feedback wise I'll take a look in-game I think my only concern was the houses, I've talked to Otmis who seemed to believe her houses were a bit dated as they were inspired by the old Silverhill houses and that you could improve on them.

Thanks for posting the app, and I'll get back to you with feedback :D

Reactions: OhThatKidLiam
Hi Liam,
-I agree with the idea that you should expand the castle, but not by a ton.
-Your town has far too many middle class professions. I would knock it down to like 8 at the high end, and only the essential ones. However, this is assuming that a town is the best idea for your lands. I think that 3-4 larger farming hamlets would fit the lands better.
-It seems that Broom will be mostly agrarian, I would definitely add more farmers houses throughout the lands to have enough labor for the fields. Perhaps the question mark near Ivyhall would be a good place for another farming hamlet.

Reactions: lemonbear

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hi Liam,
-I agree with the idea that you should expand the castle, but not by a ton.
Mmmh, knowing that Broom house is unknown, with modest lands, not close to any major road, I wouldn't go for anything too big. Just from the picture you've linked, castle's size seems good enough.

Otherwise, as Tham said, I'd rather go for scattered small settlements, main one shouldn't be more than 10-15 houses, and then some hamlets disseminated.
Concerning your lands, agriculture activity would be very important along the Mander, with high fertility. I'd concentrate fields along the river, and maybe forests in the back of your lands.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I agree the others that you should avoid having a town in Broom, and instead have some hamlets around the lands. You should also probably scrap the middle class houses and only have lower class houses.

Your new map has some landed knights on it, but I'm not too sure that such a minor house would have landed knights? Maybe instead of that (since Broom is an ancient house), you could have ruins or some landmark tied to the First Men or children of the forest? I also encourage you to have people live by the fields and the Mander. The way you have it set up now, people only really live on the inland side of the fields, but it might be useful for them to live closer to the water?

Reactions: Elduwin

OhThatKidLiam

Bard
i
I agree the others that you should avoid having a town in Broom, and instead have some hamlets around the lands. You should also probably scrap the middle class houses and only have lower class houses.

Your new map has some landed knights on it, but I'm not too sure that such a minor house would have landed knights? Maybe instead of that (since Broom is an ancient house), you could have ruins or some landmark tied to the First Men or children of the forest? I also encourage you to have people live by the fields and the Mander. The way you have it set up now, people only really live on the inland side of the fields, but it might be useful for them to live closer to the water?
it says in cannon that its a prinicple house to house lannister. this is why im not gonna go too small. hope this clears a bit up

Last edited:

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
i

it says in cannon that its a prinicple house to house lannister. this is why im not gonna go too small. hope this clears a bit up

Sorry to say, but that doesn't necessarily matter. The lands are really rather small, they're south of a smaller sized "town" aswell. I'm fairly sure Falwell just barely surpassed 20 houses? I don't see why, due to Brooms proximaty that there needs to be another town? And I do agree on the idea that middle class houses should be chucked. I don't like them in Falwell and I don't believe that the style should spread. They're too high of middle class in my opinion, despite them being my from my project XD.

Which I despise my style. I understand why you used it, but I really rather not see them spread as it's dated and not logical. They were based off of old silverhill before it joined the lands of dust. I really haven't wanted to say these things in fear of discouraging you. But I'm seeing others see these concerns too.

I made a lot of mistakes with Falwell, avoid the same. Take these oppurtiunities to improve upon this style rather than change few things. Which I'll say now, the style feels like I made some consistency mistakes in my homes. They're so similar I worry anything i have set and personal standard on certain aspects may not be the same personal opinion and standard of yours. And with the close style of these two projects that may run into some problems of issues of a consistent appearance? Does this make sense? Or am I rambling mad?

Last edited:

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Okay, my main concern with this app is not with the "town" but with the lack of populous elsewhere, there is a massive stretch of land along the Mander tributary which would be good for agricultural society.

As for the town I feel it's best that you get rid of the middle class houses in exchange for low class ones, having helped you with your "town" again we managed to make it a lot less dense where it was for no apparent reason, which is something Falwell suffers from. I personally have no problem with a village in the dipped area of land, It's fairly sheltered and is close to the main keep, also due to the nature of Jast's lands it links perfectly with a predetermined road heading into broom. But once again highlight on the word Village, If it was on a major road sure a small town but sadly Broom is kind of tucked away.

Regarding the low class houses I feel there's a similar style, that you could use with the falwell style or without it. /warp castamere and fly down to the sea, there's a couple of more up to date brick houses that I feel would work well, If you tweak them.

Finally you've made the point that Broom is a great house of the westerlands which according to the awoiaf wiki, this is true but I believe this is mainly because they're so old. However for the sake of making them seem more well established I'm fine with a bigger castle (nothing huge like Crakehall, but it doesn't have to be a hf with walls) and having a landed knight, and when I say landed Knight he does not have to have a "keep" but a knight's hall would suffice.

Last edited:
Reactions: EStoop

OhThatKidLiam

Bard
UPDATE #2:
Reacting to your thoughts:
I have come up with a compermise, so im thinking where the "town is located i switch that into a main villiage with around 9 proffesions (all of wich need to be there) as like a producer, a maker so we have stuff like carpentry and other shit like that then we have other smaller hamlets positioned around the lands (will be maked on map which is right here)
MAP: The bottom two hamlets I plan on beeing farmer and the top a fisher! The Top right will be the bandit camp i was talking about and yea ill only have one landed knight. farmland will be drasticly increased by adding a part of forest (S.E end covered by the farming area. Hope this fits everyones ideas and is a good enough compermise.

Main Hamlet:
Houses: 13
Professions:
Tanner (just outside the town)
Bakery/Mill
Mill Worker (bout three peeps in the house plus the people in the huse at the inn)
Butcher
Carpenter
Inn/Tavern
Blacksmith
Pasture Worker/ Pasture Owner
4-5 farmers
(Maybe a cartwright (possibly (maybe)))

Farming Hamlet B Easthamlet
Houses: 7
Proffesions:
6 Farmers
1 Proffesions (Unknown)

Farming Hamlet A South Hamlet
Houses: 10
Proffesions:
7 Farmers
3 Proffesions (Unknown)

Fishing Hamlet:
3 Fisher
1 Fisher/Netmaker

ALL LAYOUTS FOR HAMLETS ON PLOT SECOND FLOOR. THERE ARE A BUNCH OF FLOTING PLOTS OF GRASS THOSE ARE IT!!!!

House style update :eek::p;):):eek:
D+W: D+B: WOODEN:
CANNON FODDER:
Im thinking about a brewery at around the main road sign. LORD NEED HIS BEER GUYS!!!
And Enah has suggested that i have a clay pit and a brick maker

P.S: My plan for the main hamlet is on the second floor of my plot above my first plan if u looked at that before I updated it, it changed!

Last edited:
Reactions: Enah and Cedo

OhThatKidLiam

Bard
anyway guys im gonna go off a system! yall give me feedback and ill update to try and include it:). Then ill sometimes when a bright idea pops into my head ill make another update (Currently im out so thats basicly why im asking this) anyway thx for all the feed back yall have givin and im hoping to see more! :D

Reactions: Cedo