Style Green Fork River Banks

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Hey guys, I was running up the green fork and I noticed that the river banks are super inconsistent from one project to another.
Even at Vypren and Terrick (built by myself and Arkil roughly at the same time) have different styles. One is boggy with lots of reeds and the other uses sand layers.

Now both of these examples are a tad outdated for current standards but I was wondering whether there is any consensus at all for how the river banks should look? Obviously, it changes with the speed of the river but it can't be so drastic that every project along its banks has a completely different style.

I personally really like the sand and silt layer blocks we have and they should be utilised with the likes of cattails to show the slow-moving nature of the river downstream, but aside from that I'm not really sure how it should look.

Any ideas?

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
If its really slow moving, it could be like the banks of some of the lakes in Mazury. grass and trees growing right to the edge with the proper bank 10m or so from the water. then below this grass bit, there are little bays of sand sheltered by cattails and reeds with freshwater shellfish on the bottom.