Fall 2021 Rookery - Opinion Polls and Submissions OPEN

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
We're now accepting submissions of any type for the Fall 2021 issue of the Rookery!

This edition we want to include the results of some fun opinion polls, follow the link here to vote.
(Spoiler warning for the poll questions).
1631231994393.png
As usual, submissions can include:
  • Project spotlights
  • Community spotlights (for community members who have made a positive impact on the community)
  • Shader pics, renders, fan art, anything creative!
  • Building/WE/Profession tutorials
  • Real world inspiration
  • World-building guides (e.g, how jewelry was made in the 1400s)
  • Game of Thrones/ASOIAF/server-related jokes
  • Free-form writing (long or short-form articles about anything related to the server)
If you have an idea for something, talk to a mod and we can help you get it finished!

The goal is to release the issue by early October, so try to get your submissions in as soon as possible! If you have an idea but think it might take a bit of time for you to finish it, just let us know and we'll leave a space for it!

Check out past Rookerys on their recently revamped page!
1631232049527.png

Last edited:

Gealrüable

Royal Messenger
do we already have something for world-building?
I'm thinking of writing about science in the middle ages, and how we could use some ideas for the citadel, and what we should change and adapt for westeros.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
That would be awesome! I'm writing up something short about laundry in medieval times, but we can always have more than one world building article in an issue! I'd just say to make sure to send the text and any possible pictures (either screenshots from in-game or something creative commons/fair use) by this Friday at the latest so I have enough time to put together the pages.

Gealrüable

Royal Messenger
In that case I'd rather research the topic more thoroughly, there's still some time before the citadel will be started, and the article would probably be a lot more interesting for people when it would be directly applicable.

Reactions: lemonbear

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Could we not call Robert Baratheon 'Bobby'?
That's only an American thing.
I had no idea who 'Bobby B' was.

Its also an internet meme. Just have a look at r/freefolk.
It mostly refers to an idolisation of Robert that then is given laser eyes, among other things.
1632363731434.png