Failed to verify username!

IFeelLikePablo

Mummer
Hi guys, I use the custom luncher, when i click on join server it show me this message: Failed to verify username. I don´t know what to do :(

Bagration

Mummer
Hi
I had some problems. Logout and disable firewall not help me. I still recieve message "Failed to verify username"

HoldenAces

Mummer
I'm getting this as well. I did some testing to rule out possible issues:
- I've ensured that Java is allowed to communicate through the Firewall.
- Setup WesterosCraft as a manual realm of vanilla MC and it connected just fine.

So if vanilla MC can connect to the WC production server, why can't the WC Launcher?

Maegordotexe

Mummer
Hate to reignite a dead post but I'm on the latest version of the launcher & Java. Everything on my PC is fully updated. Reinstalled the whole game and the mod/launcher. Tried multiple accounts, deleting config file etc. Also tried unblocking all connections in and out for both minecraft and the westeroscraft launcher. Literally nothing has worked. Even going on the other server options. Pretty gutted since I wanted to explore Westeros but I just can't get it to work no matter what :(

Dan_Prime

Emissary
Please keep this thread to issues related to "Failed to verify username." If you are getting an unrelated issue, make a new thread.

As for this issue, I still have no idea what's causing it. I've added an easier workaround in v1.5.1 though.

For v1.5.1+, simply go to Settings, log out of all your accounts, then relog in. This will reset the clientToken, and should fix the issue. You no longer need to delete the config.json. (See v1.5.1 Release Notes)

vc12355

Mummer
I have the v1.5.1+ and I am still getting the cannot validate username error. I also cannot find the config.json file to delete, so I am kind of stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
For v1.5.1+, simply go to Settings, log out of all your accounts, then relog in. This will reset the clientToken, and should fix the issue. You no longer need to delete the config.json. (See v1.5.1 Release Notes)

vc12355

Mummer
Yeah I verified that I had the v1.5.1 and I tried logging out and back in, I even uninstalled the launcher.

DerBarJuden

Mummer
I am also having the same issue running v1.5.1. Fails to verify username every time after loading up. Thanks you for your assistance!