ExeR557 Builder Application

ExeR557

Mummer

Slovak Republic/Slovakia

From YouTuber, his name is HouseBox.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaDOzVuiQrs

Warcraft, Stranger Things and Lord of the Rings

Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords, Feast for Crows, Dance of Dragons, Winds of Winter

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

Oberyn Martell, because he is wild and free. He have interesting life he travel, fighting, drinking and have lot of girls and boys.

I have realy big fantasy and my buildings is not bad.

I am the biggest fan of GoT ever, I know everything about this world. I love everything in this books/TV Show. I playing Minecraft realy long time and I am builder on several servers. I hope you accept me.

https://imgur.com/a/JlpHwop

Yes I follow guidelines.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Exer, thanks for your application, it's clear you've put some thought into the house and you've done a really nice job.

You've done well to emulate this style of mixed daub/stone houses, the shape/proportions are great, the daub is nicely symmetrical and patterned and all the interior blocks are suited to the wealth/class of the building.

I've only got a handful of suggested improvements:
- I really like the restraint you've shown with the blocks, there's nothing too fancy or out of place. I think there's probably room to add a few more storage blocks might be nice instead of just crates to make it feel a little more lived in, e.g. a barrel, basket, sacs or pots.

- We also try to avoid using trapdoors since they can be changed by guests, you can use wooden carpets/half door blocks instead.

Otherwise great start!

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Hawthorne town.

Also take a look this page for some more points and examples that will help on future builds.

https://forum.westeroscraft.com/wiki/basic-building-guide-for-applicants/

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

ExeR557

Mummer
Hey Exer, thanks for your application, it's clear you've put some thought into the house and you've done a really nice job.

You've done well to emulate this style of mixed daub/stone houses, the shape/proportions are great, the daub is nicely symmetrical and patterned and all the interior blocks are suited to the wealth/class of the building.

I've only got a handful of suggested improvements:
- I really like the restraint you've shown with the blocks, there's nothing too fancy or out of place. I think there's probably room to add a few more storage blocks might be nice instead of just crates to make it feel a little more lived in, e.g. a barrel, basket, sacs or pots.
View attachment 1986

- We also try to avoid using trapdoors since they can be changed by guests, you can use wooden carpets/half door blocks instead.
View attachment 1987

Otherwise great start!

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Hawthorne town.

Also take a look this page for some more points and examples that will help on future builds.

https://forum.westeroscraft.com/wiki/basic-building-guide-for-applicants/

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!
Here is my second building :D I hope you like it :D

Reactions: zzaarr

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Another really nice job!
All the interior blocks look great and appropriate to the size/class of the house. The only think I'd suggest is to keep in mind using half wood doors to add rafters and cover up the exterior thatch blocks like in the pic below. The general rule of thumb is to try your best to make sure the exterior roof block (be it thatch, wood or slate) isn't visible from inside.

Otherwise the stone brick mix all looks good and in keeping with the Hawthorne style.

For your next challenge, please build a middle class house in the style of /warp hgtown. Houses in large towns like Highgarden will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor, take a look at the hg styleguide and the finished houses in the Highgarden area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in the town (e.g. carpenter/cooper/wine merchant/tailor).

It'd be great if you could include a yard with the house as well.

Good luck!

ExeR557

Mummer
Another really nice job!
All the interior blocks look great and appropriate to the size/class of the house. The only think I'd suggest is to keep in mind using half wood doors to add rafters and cover up the exterior thatch blocks like in the pic below. The general rule of thumb is to try your best to make sure the exterior roof block (be it thatch, wood or slate) isn't visible from inside.
View attachment 2027

Otherwise the stone brick mix all looks good and in keeping with the Hawthorne style.

For your next challenge, please build a middle class house in the style of /warp hgtown. Houses in large towns like Highgarden will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor, take a look at the hg styleguide and the finished houses in the Highgarden area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in the town (e.g. carpenter/cooper/wine merchant/tailor).

It'd be great if you could include a yard with the house as well.

Good luck!
Thank you for reply :)
Here is my third house :D

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Thanks ExeR, sorry for the delay, you've done another really nice job with this house, I think at this point you'll learn more from being an actual builder, so consider yourself approved!

The next step is to contact a mod in-game to promote you to New Builder. Please make sure to read the New Builder guide here: http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_guide

And also make a probation thread in the probation forum. You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find a list of these at /warp build, although it's sometimes outdated, so I would also recommend just asking people in-game and checking the forums for recent project happenings.

A probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so and continue to give you constructive feedback on your houses for the next month (and help be your entrypoint into the server community in general), although as sometimes the probie leaders are busy IRL. But message me again if a probie leader hasn't responded within two weeks, or if they're taking a while to respond. I would also encourage you to seek feedback from project leaders and other builders/mods. At the end, you'll be made full builder assuming everything goes smoothly.

Welcome to the team and I'll see you in Westeros!