EmSiMa Builder Application

EmSiMa

Mummer

Germany

I've just searched for a medieval rpg-server. I found many factions-like servers but nothing comparable to Game of Thrones. Soon I've discovered the website of Westeroscraft, but had to buy a new PC to join the server.

Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Harry Potter

Game of Thrones

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4

I think it's Ramsay Bolton. Of course he is sadistic psychopath, but he is an amazing liar and very cunning, and he is also a good archer. (I've just watched S1-4 so idk if I'll like him further)

I like to go into detail and add some secrets. I also love to form the landscape and create wide areas (forests, fields). I don't think these are some special skills, but I think it would be helpful to have another active builder.

I would like to be part of a team with casual as well as active builders. I like the idea of the dynasty system, but since there aren't much dynasties left in RL, I have to search for them in minecraft. I am really excited about the coming rpg-server and would like to bring the server forward.

https://imgur.com/a/7129yLj

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

thecoddfish

Emissary
Staff member
Hey EmSiMa, cheers for applying with us!

Looking at your challenge build I can see you've done a fairly good job of recreating a poorer Lannisport house. While this is all well and good, Lannisport is a bit dated as far as our builds go, and it would be nice to get you up to speed with our more recent styles. More recent builds would include King's Landing, White Harbour, Winterfell, Highgarden, Fairmarket, Stoney Sept, Duskendale, Uffering, Bandallon, Cape Kraken and Wyl - I recommend exploring these places to get a feel for what sets them apart from the houses at Lannisport.

Some pointers to take away from your build:
- Avoid using lots of full log blocks/log framing in houses
- Daub and wattle should be patterned and used independently of stone and logs
- Avoid putting high contrast stone blocks together in the foundations - ideally go for blocks that are similarly coloured, so that they don't look out of place

My challenge for you is to build a house in the style of Duskendale. I want you to focus particularly on using the daub and wattle blocks in a logical and appropriate way, creating class-appropriate interiors and putting the house in context with a yard and road (you can map out surrounding house outlines with wool to show how it fits in with them for bonus points). Feel free to use a flat world, it's not something that bothers me.

My advice to you (which I give to all potential applicants) is to go into Duskendale and find 5 houses that you particularly admire. Take screenshots of those 5 houses (interiors and exteriors) and then use them as reference/inspiration when you create your own challenge house in singleplayer.

Best of luck!

Reactions: EmSiMa

EmSiMa

Mummer
Hey,
since I am not really interested in building and minecraft in general anymore, I would like to withdraw my application.
I am sure I will find back to Westeroscraft one day, see you then.

EmSiMa