Pronouns
they/them
What is your Minecraft username?
egdod

What is your age?
13-16

In what country are you living?
USA

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
Honestly the rich culture of north westeros/essos is what really got me while reading the books. Also, I really appreciate how GRRM didn't fall into common cliches, and always had some trick up his sleeve to spice up the reading.

What is your favorite build on our server?
I love Castle Black; It is integrated perfectly into the surroundings/the wall. And, in addition to that, its level of detail is immaculate. The only reason I didn't choose the dreadfort is because of the bedrock, which i don't like.

Why do you want to join our server?
I'd love to join so I can help build, and contribute to something so amazing; and I would also love to come back every once in a while to see the amount of progress, and look back on how much I've made. Also, I'd like to mention that i took a few artistic liberties with the house....

Screenshot_20221227_091646.pngScreenshot_20221227_091706.pngScreenshot_20221227_091717.pngScreenshot_20221227_091723.pngScreenshot_20221227_091734.pngScreenshot_20221227_091740.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Reactions: Azulejo

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hi Egdod! Indeed you have taken some liberties with the application house hehehehe. I appreciate the willingness of doing something unique, that's good and in the future it will be a handy attribute! For now though, and as you may already know seeing what you've written, it is more than enough that you just copy the house at /warp apphouse. Doing this allows us to show you, the new builders applicants, how we generally do stuff here on the server, the techniques and ways we have of building. So, as your next challenge, go to /warp apphouse and copy the build block by block.

Having said that, seeing the effort you put on doing a house of your own, I will review it giving you some general feedback that might be useful for future builds:​
  • For an organic shape roof like the one you've made, instead of rooftiles, try using thatch.​
  • Also maybe swap the stone brick fence supports for wood.​
  • Try not to mix dark and light thatch, they contrast a lot and don't blend nicely.​
PS: Do you have OptiFine installed? Currently it is a requirement for our textures to properly behave as they should, even though itis not included in out modpack. If the answer is no make sure to download it. Careful with sketchy links and remember to get the 1.12.2 version! If you have it, make sure to check it is installed at the correct folder.​