Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
Lord_Manderly

What is your age?
25+

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I love all things medieval and have been on the server for 3+ years purely as a guest because I enjoy exploring castles so much.

favorite character is Petyr Baelish

What is your favorite build on our server?
White Harbor

Why do you want to join our server?
To finally, after 3 years of popular demand by other builders, be a builder.

My favorite parts of any build are interiors, so I would love to assist with building interiors/furnishings

2021-11-15_19.23.53.png2021-11-15_19.24.51.png2021-11-15_19.25.25.png2021-11-15_19.25.56.png2021-11-15_19.26.17.png2021-11-15_19.26.57.png2021-11-15_19.27.50.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Manderly!

Nice to see you applying :) I don't see anything wrong with the app house, good job.

For your next challenges you should make your own original houses in the style of the ones in the project locations I'll point out to you. Try looking on how the style of the project works, the blocks used and how they are used and other commonalities between houses, then build your own and share the screenshots here. If you haven't already please take a look at our Basic Building Guide, I'm sure you'll find it helpful.

For your first challenge please make low-class house in the style of Hammerhal, and don't forget to include a reasonably-sized yard as well. You can find nice examples around /warp hammertown. If you have any question feel free to ask.
Good luck!

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Manderly!

Great work! The house looks really nice and well done, I only have a few things to point out:
  • When using blocks with multiple faces that repeat, like the drawers or the cabinet here, make sure to only have the front side showing up. You can cover the extra sides with baskets, barrels, walls, half doors etc. Just be creative and see what can fit in each situation.
  • Being a little picky, I think the thatch carpet, despite being good, could look better if it was focused in the center of the house instead of throughout the whole extension.
  • In the stone base instead of only using the Reach Cobble you should also include Reach Light Brick in the mix.
  • I notice you changed the ground mix around the house, but the yard isn't really what I was looking for. The yard is a very important place for rural communities as it's on them that they would grow most of their food and work, so you can add things like clothesline, animals, work space if the house has a profession that would need it (like a carpenter or a smith, por exemple) and, the most important thing, crops. Here are a couple yards from Hammertown as example:
2021-11-29_08.44.37.png

So before we move on to the next challenge I would like to see you making a yard in this same house. No need to change anything in the house if you don't want to, just the yard in the back. You can check some crop examples at /warp crops and you might wanna have a look at /warp ikea too. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Good luck!

Reactions: Jakethesnake8_8