Pronouns
she/her
What is your Minecraft username?
xolarissaxo

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
Netherlands

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
Daenerys Targaryen - Daenerys' dragons

What is your favorite build on our server?
Dragonstone castle

Why do you want to join our server?
I would love to help building the builds in this server and make medieval themed houses!

Tell us about your build.
My style of building is most of the time medieval themed, but i can also work with modern houses.
For the medieval themed houses i mostly use wood and stone.

image 1.pngimage 2.pngimage 3.pngimage 4.pngimage 5.pngimage 6.pngimage 7.png

Imgur Album: https://xolarissaxo.imgur.com/all

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey daenerystargy,
Thanks for applying to join WesterosCraft and for taking the time to prepare this house, you've done a great job!

I can see you've put a lot of thought into this application, it has all the basic elements we try to include in your average rural house, well done.

I've only got a few small notes to suggest for improvement on future builds.
- The interior is looking nice and you've generally included all the typical blocks we'd typically use on a small low class house (and avoided the right ones as well).
- Main point would be to recommend you use our Half Door blocks instead of trap doors, they connect together better and they can't be opened/closed like trap doors can.
- Would also suggest you avoid using torch blocks in normal houses. They are generally used for castle interiors or illuminating town/city streets. Rather, use candles (placed vertically on surfaces, never on walls), or the lantern block (usually just one that the residents would carry with them).

All the exteriors are looking good and the overall shape is nice as well.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next. For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Hawthorne town.

Take a look at the Applicant Building Guide for some more tips, they'll help a lot.
Basic Building Guide for Applicants | WesterosCraft

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

DaenerysTargaryenI

Playwright
Pronouns
she/her
Here is the farmer's house i've made! :)

Attachments

• image 1.png
    image 1.png
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • image 3.png
    image 3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • image 4.png
    image 4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • image 5.png
    image 5.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • image 6.png
    image 6.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • image 7.png
    image 7.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • image...png
    image...png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Daenerys, another job well done, great job with this Hawthorne house.

I've only got a few minor notes to suggest
- I think you'll find that Hawthorne style actually uses the brown timber and daub variant as opposed to this cleaner white timber and daub. Not a huge deal since it can be hard to guess these when you're swapping between singleplayer and the server, and you've done a nice job with the daub pattern anyway.
- Just spotted in this pic that the fish rope might be missing something to connect to (fence blocks are the general go to for that). There might also be one or two half doors missing from the roof rafter area.
-1614778068248.png

- I think with the yard, you could probably swap out a bit more of the grass for more dirt/gravel within the wattle fence area to show the more highly trafficked paths where people are walking. Cabbage blocks and other crops will also usually go on top of farmed soil as well.

- Great progress though, for your next challenge, please build a Middle Class professional house in the style of Highgarden, (take a look around /warp hgtown). Houses in large towns such as Highgarden will usually have a profession/business on the bottom level with the residence on the second floor above. Try and go with a profession that would make sense in Highgarden, e.g. carpenter/wine merchant/tailor/blacksmith/painter.

Thanks and goodluck

DaenerysTargaryenI

Playwright
Pronouns
she/her
Here is the Blacksmith i made!

Attachments

• image 1.png
    image 1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • image 2.png
    image 2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • image 3.png
    image 3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • image 4.png
    image 4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • image 5.png
    image 5.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • image 7.png
    image 7.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • image 8.png
    image 8.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • image 9.png
    image 9.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: SseriousBusiness

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Daenerys, that was a quick turnaround, very efficient.
Well done with the overall design, I could see a blacksmith like this fitting nicely into Highgarden.
- The timber and daub/roof slate and wood all look good and are in keeping with the Highgarden style, it looks like you might've mixed in some White Harbor brick and regular cobble, with the Reach style bricks - for style consistency you may be better off just focusing on one color mix, e.g. just Reach or just White Harbor bricks and white plaster.
- I like the look of the kitchen area, just a small note would be to suggest swapping out the drawers with cabinets up top there (might be hard to open a drawer that high!)
- I also like to add stone pressure plates in front of fireplaces when they're facing wooden floorboards to make it look like less of a fire risk.
1614809456361.png

- Would also be great if you could use half doors to make sure only one face of blocks like bookshelves/cabinets/drawers are exposed.
1614809487057.png
I think at this point you'll learn more from being an actual builder, so consider yourself approved!

Please make sure to read the New Builder guide here: http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_guide

The next step is to make a probation thread in the Probation Forum. You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find a list of these at /warp build, although it's sometimes outdated, so I would also recommend just asking people in-game and checking the forums for recent project happenings. You can also toggle open plot and mini-projects markers on the dynmap at mc.westeroscraft.com

A probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so and continue to give you constructive feedback on your houses for the next month (and help be your entry point into the server community in general), although as sometimes the probie leaders are busy IRL you may need to be patient while they find the time to respond to you. But message me again if a probie leader hasn't contacted you within two weeks, or if they're taking a while to respond. I would also encourage you to seek feedback from project leaders and other builders/mods. At the end, you'll be made full builder assuming everything goes smoothly.

I'd suggest you also start thinking about what projects you might like to work on, we encourage new builders to first work on "mini-projects" which are small one off areas of other projects, e.g. a hamlet, mill, quarry, and flagged as open for mini-apps by the project leader. Once you've done a few of these you'll be able to apply for a full project.

Make sure to stay in touch and let us know if you're losing interest, not finding enough work to do, or if there's any issues with the probation.

Welcome aboard and I'll see you in Westeros!

Attachments

• 1614809571494.png
    1614809571494.png
    610.3 KB · Views: 5