cstew3 Builder Application

cstew3

Mummer
What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
Canada

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
the amount of people, places, and things in the story make it feel alive. and my favorite scene is Tyrions trial for "Murdering" Joffery. and my favourite character is Jaime Lannister.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Golden grove, it looks really serene and peaceful and the ideal fantasy castle.

Why do you want to join our server?
I love minecraft and I love the world George r.r. Martin has built.

2020-07-11_19.02.49.png2020-07-11_19.03.02.png2020-07-11_19.03.11.png2020-07-11_19.03.19.png2020-07-11_19.03.31.png2020-07-11_19.03.34.png2020-07-11_19.03.36.png2020-07-11_19.04.37.png2020-07-11_19.03.50.png2020-07-11_19.04.33.png

About my build just a simple farm house for a middle class family. the farm would most likely in the Westerlands near to casterly rock due to the red brick I used.

Did you follow the application rules?
yes. you know nothing Jon Snow.

Last edited:

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
There is one small detail you missed in your application. Review the application form and post the information below once you figure out what's missing.

Reactions: ContraBlonde

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Cstew, thanks for your interest, as Dutch mentioned there's a step on the application form it looks like you've missed, take another look to double check you've covered everything. Thanks

cstew3

Mummer
I looked over my application and cant see anything that I missed, if it wouldn't be too much trouble could you tell me what exactly I overlooked.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Thanks cstew, glad you spotted that last application requirement.
There's some good ideas with this house and you've obviously put some thought into the overall design, there's just a few guidelines that we try to follow in order to keep all of our buildings stylistically consistent that would help to master on future builds.

And lastly the book/cabinet blocks used in the smith are generally reserved for wealthy houses/maesters. One set of masons tools, as you've also used, would be fine, the rest could be regular cabinets (no glass) or just wooden slab shelves.

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Hawthorne town.

Also take a look this page for some more points and examples that will help on future builds.

https://forum.westeroscraft.com/wiki/basic-building-guide-for-applicants/

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey cstew, thanks for completing this Hawthorne house.
Well done with capturing the Hawthorne style, as well as the choice of class appropriate blocks.
- Great job with the overall shape and block mix, only thing I'd suggest is adding a little more variation to the stone brick block mix, Hawthorne uses a mix of Vivid Dark Sandstone, Monochrome Sandstone and Vivid Sandstone.

And just a tip for posting screenshots, you can use upload them all to an imgur folder fairly easily here
For your next challenge, please build a middle class house in the style of /warp whsprawl. Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor, take a look at the styleguide at the /warp oldstyleguides and the finished houses in the White Harbor area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in White Harbor (e.g. carpenter/cooper/blacksmith/boat builder, netmaker etc).

Note in the post which profession you go with as well.

Good luck!