CheesierPasta Builder Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesierPasta

Mummer

Britain

I first found out about this server 3 years ago when I was on PMC, at the time "Showcase - King's Landing: An epic city by Westeroscraft " was trending and ever since then the images and video have been at the back of my mind. So I've finally decided to come check it out and I am even more interested than I was back then. the immense quality of the world brought me in even more.

Norse Mythology, by Neil Gaiman

All of the above

I am a huge fan of the Starks, but my favourite is Robb Stark. He has such a strong personality especially in fighting in battles, this makes me like him because it shows he knows how to communicate to people and lead others. This allowed him to be the best King of The North in my opinion.
Also, the way that Richard Madden acts him out makes Robb Stark feel even stronger and courageous.

I believe that I am a talented Terraformer and I am very adaptable. This means that I can change easily for each task, such as large builds or small builds.
I have been part of 3 semi-large build teams, at this point in time I'm in a team called Avanium, therefore I have experience in working in groups on large projects.
I have also worked on two RPG servers which have both used the Conquest pack, I was a lead builder on the latest one and we have now finished and disbanded the build team.

I would like to build on this server because for the few years I have kept on noticing the images of this project, I have been trying to improve my skills to get here. Furthermore, I believe that I have a very good set of skills in building now and I can use them to show others, as I have only ever got a small audience with my commissions.
Being a part of the team and building on the server would make me a much happier person as I would be working on something I enjoy.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SchmiedOlaf

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Hi Cheese,

Thanks for submitting your application! It's nice to see builders eager to join us, especially those with experience of both terraforming and building. I've taken a look at your application build and have a couple of bits of feedback:

Lovely little cottage, and I really like that you’ve put effort into the surrounding landscape too. Nicely done.

- The white daub & wattle, and the stark dark stone foundations clash a little if I’m being honest, and also the little stone storage area is a little overkill, and doesn’t fit. Most regions’ palette is developed from a surrounding landscape and style. We put about as much effort, if not more into the geographical planning of our projects as we do the building itself. In future try and use a mix of stone blocks in a building facade or foundation, but make sure that the type of stone is in keeping with the landscape around it.

- Within your house, ensure that that all ceilings are properly supported. The best way to achieve this is to use upside down stair and slab blocks to create rafters. Examples of this can be seen in any house at /warp fairmarket or /warp woodwright. Also note, rafters should always follow the shortest span between structural walls! - Not only is this more accurate for ceilings but it makes them a lot more dynamic, and the flat surface above is perfect for the second storey floor!

- As with supporting the ceiling below, make sure that all four material is covered from underneath! This ensures that the roof wouldn’t collapse in on itself. You shouldn’t be able to see beneath thatch roof blocks at all. Experiment with different roof rafter styles and it will greatly improve your build.

- Your interiors are on a good start, but there’s a few issues that could do with addressing. Try not to use too many glass cabinet blocks in small houses. Glass was incredibly expensive during the medieval period and would only have been used in noble houses. Just try and limit their use.

- make sure that all your furnaces have chimneys! Your furnace in the kitchen doesn’t expel it’s smoke anywhere.

- Don’t mount candles on the wall. It looks very unrealistic, not only to mention the health and safety nightmare that would ensue!

- Make sure your house has specific living and working areas; you have a pule of logs and crates in one part of your house which don’t seem to have a purpose. Most people don’t have half a tree stored within their home.

- With your dock, try not to use full logs to support it, this looks a little strange and overly bulky! Try using fence blocks or smaller wooden supports.

Overall it's a great first attempt! For your first challenge, please build a middle class house in the style of /warp whiteharbour. Please build this in single player and post the screenshots here as you have done already! Good Luck!

Reactions: CheesierPasta

Arkilstorm

Staff member
Hi Pasta, sorry for the delay! I’ll get around to giving you feedback. With Christmas, I’ve not had time to sort through the apps as quickly as I’d normally.

Arkilstorm

Staff member
Hey Pasta! Sorry It's taken me so long to get your feedback to you! Christmas and New Year have been a bit of a wild ride! I've taken a look at your White Harbour House and here's my feedback:

- The palette could do with a little work; consider making it a little less uniform, and leaving the white plaster in small patches rather than the entire upper floor.

- Your chimney has no chimney pots, which helps divert the smoke away from the building.

- Your roof is made entirely of full slate blocks, but we have stair blocks available which create a more gradual and realistic roof. Please consider using the stairs in all roofing styles, otherwise the roof looks very blocky and heavy. You should also consider putting some upturned wooden stairs beneath the slate overhang, to support it. You shouldn’t be able to see the underside of any roofing material block.

- Your house has no front door.

- In the kitchen, please be sure that cabinet and bench blocks are covered on the sides that shouldn’t be showing. You’ve put a loaf of bread beside a cabinet block, but you can still see the doors on the side. This is just a little messy.

- With the kitchen hearth, You should make sure that the dark cobble is mixed into the chimney stack palette, otherwise it looks like two different distinct stones were used for the fireplace and chimney. This would be okay if the fireplace was made of marble, or wood, but the two cobbled textures are so similar, there’s no reason not to mix them.

- In future, make your ceiling rafters span the width of the building, rather than the length. This way you won’t have the rafters hanging over the staircase at the back. Your rafters aren’t actually connected to the walls in the back room, meaning the floor above is only supported by the kitchen wall. It’s likely the floor above would collapse.

- You have some white plaster surrounded by full brick blocks in some of the interior walls. You should make sure that you have a good palette for all interior walls as well as exterior ones.

- Don’t use too many lanterns in the house. They were expensive to make, and weren’t common in regular private houses. Also, if you are to have a ladder to the attic storage, you can use a normal wooden one. Rope ladders are flimsy and don’t make much sense when placed against a wall. I always think that rope ladders are good for reaching somewhere below you, as it can be unrolled downward, whereas wooden ladders are better suited for reaching high places.

The house is a great first start, but there are a couple of little issues that can be quickly rectified!

For your next challenge, please build a mid-class house in the style of /warp woodwright. These are the houses with slate roofs and daub & wattle upper floors. Please post an album of your images in this thread when you've completed it! Good Luck!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey CheesierPasta, are you still interested in continuing with this app? I'm going to reject it for inactivity if no response within 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.